Gngeo2x 0.7

DaveC said:
That is good to hear. I really like this emu on the GP2X. Other than a few small bugs it is really great now.
It's also one of my fav GP2X Emus. :) The only things I could complain is the slow Raster-Effect speed and the fact, that Raster Effects on cause bad graphical Glitches, mostly noticable in Neo Turf Masters (one of the Games that benefit from Rasters on)

Oh, maybe the ROM Compatibilyty could be improved. My MetalSlug 3 ROM only works with Final Burn Alpha (but to Slow) onto the GP2X

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
DaveC said:
That is good to hear. I really like this emu on the GP2X. Other than a few small bugs it is really great now.
It's also one of my fav GP2X Emus. :) The only things I could complain is the slow Raster-Effect speed and the fact, that Raster Effects on cause bad graphical Glitches, mostly noticable in Neo Turf Masters (one of the Games that benefit from Rasters on)

Oh, maybe the ROM Compatibilyty could be improved. My MetalSlug 3 ROM only works with Final Burn Alpha (but to Slow) onto the GP2X

Try Turf Masters on Fba - it runs perfectly! Its one of my most played!!

cd78 said:
fusion_power said:
DaveC said:

Yes, Neo Geo games with Rasters is better to play in FBA, they are working like a charm :) Good speed with no glitches.

Rivroner said:
Someone of you have read this Evildragon says to me about my answer to Notaz and Pepone talking about sd card speed issue?

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...3721&st=225

I have tried it and it is working pretty well :)

Now i can play without frame drops caused by slow SD card read acces and it is very noticeable in Metal Slug for instance.

Now i can play with 22khz sound, 240 mhz , Ram timmings in agressive, raster OFF (only needed for 5 games or so) VSYNC OFF (tearing is not very noticeable in GP2X screen, so is better to turn it OFF so you can gain a lot of performance) with no frame drops at all o_O

Thank you very much for this Notaz. And thank to Evildragon for the answer in the thread :)

I have put the code in a txt file (nameyoulike.gpe) created by a linux editor.(In windows is better you to use notepad2 , notepad and wordpad is not working correctly. )

I have add the code in gngeorc in conf folder too.I have make this for sure but i supposse that with the script is enough to make it work.

Remember, you have to add the code Notaz says here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=639881

echo 0 > /proc/sys/vm/min-readahead
echo 0 > /proc/sys/vm/max-readahead

My gp is not ready to use :)
but I've included this batch in rage2x, could you test it and tell me if it work ?
http://rapidshare.com/files/142354179/rage2x.gpe.html
thank in advance

Well Art of Fighting 2 and 3 still frameskip like crazy for me. I can also overclock to 280 mhz. I get the same results no matter what. It could be my 4gb SDHC sandisk card. I might need to reformat it. Thanks for the new version.

JyCet said:
but I've included this batch in rage2x, could you test it and tell me if it work ?
thank in advance

Of course, in a couple of hours i will tell you something ;)

geise69 said:
Well Art of Fighting 2 and 3 still frameskip like crazy for me. I can also overclock to 280 mhz. I get the same results no matter what. It could be my 4gb SDHC sandisk card. I might need to reformat it. Thanks for the new version.
I have not tried AOF2 but qhen a tried AOF3 i always have between 55-60 fps all the time.

My settings are 245 mhz , ram timmings agressive, VSYNC OFF and 22khz sound

Try to format your SD by the way.

Do you have ramhack true in gngeorc in conf folder?

Are you using beta14?

cd78 said:
I know. ;)

But you have to overclock. And you can't set the Machine to Console Mode, I need this because I hate the Arcade Mode time counter when preparing for shooting. -_- And with Fba I can't save like in GNGeo :D. How else should I reach first Place without reload after a bad shot? And I usualy have 90% bad shots. :lol:

fusion_power said:
cd78 said:
I know. ;)

But you have to overclock. And you can't set the Machine to Console Mode, I need this because I hate the Arcade Mode time counter when preparing for shooting. -_- And with Fba I can't save like in GNGeo :D. How else should I reach first Place without reload after a bad shot? And I usualy have 90% bad shots. :lol:

From FBA 7.2 you can enter in service mode ;) Read the readme.

Just now Headoverheels had release FBA 7.3 version.

jbrodack said:
Does sengoku 2 work in any neo geo emus for gp2x? It doesn't seem to work for gngeo
You can play it in Mame fro sure i think.

I don´t remember if in GnGeo i get it to work.

Rivroner said:
I usualy read readme's and I know the FBA Service mode. But I couldn't change anything there or setting the Machine to Console. But good that a new Version of FBA is out. ^_^

fusion_power said:
Rivroner said:
I usualy read readme's and I know the FBA Service mode. But I couldn't change anything there or setting the Machine to Console. But good that a new Version of FBA is out. ^_^

As far as I know currently Fba2x supports service mode but not dip switches , so it may mean you can change it to console mode in cps2 games but not in neogeo games,or something like that.

Alghazanth said:
fusion_power said:
Rivroner said:

As far as I know currently Fba2x supports service mode but not dip switches , so it may mean you can change it to console mode in cps2 games but not in neogeo games,or something like that.

Service mode for neo geo just lets you change stuff like soft dip settings like blood or whatever. mame4all and gngeo2x let you choose if you want console or arcade but currently you have to play arcade with fba2x if you're playing neo geo.

Oh, and cps2 games don't have a console mode.

jbrodack said:
Alghazanth said:
fusion_power said:
Rivroner said:

Service mode for neo geo just lets you change stuff like soft dip settings like blood or whatever. mame4all and gngeo2x let you choose if you want console or arcade but currently you have to play arcade with fba2x if you're playing neo geo.

Oh, and cps2 games don't have a console mode.

Thanks for the info. Btw I was referring to setting to "free play" in cps2 games when I said console mode , sorry for the mistake.

Alghazanth said:
jbrodack said:
Alghazanth said:
fusion_power said:
Rivroner said:
I usualy read readme's and I know the FBA Service mode. But I couldn't change anything there or setting the Machine to Console. But good that a new Version of FBA is out. ^_^As far as I know currently Fba2x supports service mode but not dip switches , so it may mean you can change it to console mode in cps2 games but not in neogeo games,or something like that.Service mode for neo geo just lets you change stuff like soft dip settings like blood or whatever. mame4all and gngeo2x let you choose if you want console or arcade but currently you have to play arcade with fba2x if you're playing neo geo.

Oh, and cps2 games don't have a console mode.Thanks for the info. Btw I was referring to setting to "free play" in cps2 games when I said console mode , sorry for the mistake.
Actually, you can run NeoGeo games in FBA2X in console (AES) mode, as well as with the UNIVERSE BIOS. ;)

See here for the instructions: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=644578

JyCet said:
thank in advance

I have tested GnGeo with original GneoGeo beta 14 , with the new Rage.exe and with my external script and the result is the same o_O

I suppose that i was wrong with my initial affirmation that this code was improving Sd card read issues :(

Sorry for the mistake people.

Thanks for the work anyway Jycet ;)

Gngeo2x keeps crashing on me when I exit game. Has anyone else encountered this? I can't figure out what's wrong and how to fix it.

I have tried v0.7 and v0.7a beta 11, but both versions crash when I exit. I use F200 fw 4.0.

limonaati said:
Gngeo2x keeps crashing on me when I exit game. Has anyone else encountered this? I can't figure out what's wrong and how to fix it.

I have tried v0.7 and v0.7a beta 11, but both versions crash when I exit. I use F200 fw 4.0.
Are you using Rage2X? If so, try hitting Select in the main Rage2x menu and make sure the option to relaunch rage2x is enabled.

Senor Quack said:
limonaati said:

Are you using Rage2X? If so, try hitting Select in the main Rage2x menu and make sure the option to relaunch rage2x is enabled.

It worked! Thank you! I guess I should have checked out the options a bit more myself :)

Back