Gngeo2x With Drz80 Support

B4N5H33 posted on Mar 15 2006 at 12:44 PM said:
hi,

i´ve asked this a whila ago in the main gngeo-thread, but still got no answer. so i´ll give it another try :)

@pepone: is savestate support planned for future releases of gngeo2x?

greetings

B4N5H33
Yes it is. But I can't say when.

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 15 2006 at 12:48 AM said:
yep, bad dumps :(

I was able to find a working metalslugX dump on the internet and it began to load but then I got the note:

in order to run this you must create a dump which will take up 48 mb on your sd.

I proceeded but am not thrilled about this.....

any way around it?
No not really, the problem is that the games are far to big to fit in the available memory so the graphics are dumped out into some sort of streaming file that the emulator uses on a level by level access..

my 1gb card has about 180mb free now ! but hey fast pocket neo geo - cant complain...

daclassicgamingmaster, I think I just found one of your problems. The time where you attempted to use Programmer's Notepad but gave you an error, so you used notepad instead, is your problem right there. GP2X WON'T be able to read anything edited by the regular notepad. I was crippled by this problem FOR DAYS ON END, when I finally realized that only a text editor such as a Programmer's Notepad would work. So try to get yourself a working version of Programmer's Notepad. If the latest one doesn't work, look for older versions.

Nickmon posted on Mar 15 2006 at 08:58 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 15 2006 at 12:48 AM said:

I was able to find a working metalslugX dump on the internet and it began to load but then I got the note:

in order to run this you must create a dump which will take up 48 mb on your sd.

any way around it?
No not really, the problem is that the games are far to big to fit in the available memory so the graphics are dumped out into some sort of streaming file that the emulator uses on a level by level access..

my 1gb card has about 180mb free now ! but hey fast pocket neo geo - cant complain...

As only the dump.gfx file is accessed for graphics information, it is now possible to replace the existing

graphics rom/bin files within the rom.zip with dummy 0kb files to save the space taken up by each game.

These files can simply be made up using any text editing software.

"c" files are for the graphics, i.e. 123_c1.rom or abc_c1.bin.

You can save further space if you run a particular rom without sound as you can also replace the exisiting sound

rom/bin files with dummy 0kb files.

"v" files are for the sound, i.e. 123_v1.rom or abc_v1.bin.

Shikaku posted on Mar 15 2006 at 07:01 PM said:
As only the dump.gfx file is accessed for graphics information, it is now possible to replace the existing

graphics rom/bin files within the rom.zip with dummy 0kb files to save the space taken up by each game.

You can save further space if you run a particular rom without sound as you can also replace the exisiting sound

Yes thanks, I was aware of this and have been trying to do this but not had much luck yet, when i have tried it, its failed to load. Must have another go...

Nickmon posted on Mar 15 2006 at 04:16 PM said:
Shikaku posted on Mar 15 2006 at 07:01 PM said:

Yes thanks, I was aware of this and have been trying to do this but not had much luck yet, when i have tried it, its failed to load. Must have another go...

I think this should be added as a feature to Gngeo2x - the ability for it to see if you have a dumpgfx file and prompt you if you want to replace the orginal rom graphics with a dump file to save file size.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Mar 14 2006 at 04:48 PM said:

any way around it?

Get you a 4 Gigger......they're down to like a hundred bucks American on Ebay.....YOWSA!! :lol:

DijiTao posted on Mar 16 2006 at 05:31 PM said:
Hmm now thats a good idea...but isnt replacing files in a zip a heavy process, ie you have to create a new zip then replace the original...

If it could be done easy then this seems a good idea, what do you think pepone?

Nickmon posted on Mar 16 2006 at 11:17 PM said:
DijiTao posted on Mar 16 2006 at 05:31 PM said:
Hmm now thats a good idea...but isnt replacing files in a zip a heavy process, ie you have to create a new zip then replace the original...

If it could be done easy then this seems a good idea, what do you think pepone?
I thinks it's doable. But I have to expermient with it.

I've been playing this and i'm very impressed with the progress of the emu. Metal slug is full speed and I see it's coming along more and more each day.

Expect a donation from me soon pepone :)

Hello Pepone,

Thx for this release,

I have tested few games with your last Beta Release and this is the result obtained.

First lucky you are those who make msulg working full speed with sound (even @11025) @200mhz.Because for me even @266 and with a samplerate @11052 i have between 40 and 50 fps.

so my config is Gngeo @266mhz sound enabled @11025hz system Home under firmware 1.4.0.
I have no rage2x only the Gngeo Selector.

Garou: about 50fps and sound is ok.

Mslug: between 40 and 50fps sound ok

Mslug3: about 30fps a little bit choppy, no score displayed, sound ok

Last Blade2: 60fps, sound ok.

Matrimelee: 60fps, sound ok

Windjammers: 60fps, no sound

SVC Plus: about 45fps but quite erratic, impossible to choose anothe character than kyo. "PLUS" logo remains blinking in menus and in game.

Magical Drop2: 60fps, no sound

Puzzle Bubble2: 56-60fps, sound ok

Soccer Brawl: 60fps, sound ok

Sonic Wing 3: 60fps, sound buggy (like freezing)

Street Hoops: 60fps, no sound

ViewPoint: 60fps, sound ok

King Of fighter 98:between 35-45 fps, sound ok

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

hercule18 posted on Mar 17 2006 at 03:14 PM said:
Hello Pepone,

Thx for this release,

I have tested few games with your last Beta Release and this is the result obtained.

First lucky you are those who make msulg working full speed with sound (even @11025) @200mhz.Because for me even @266 and with a samplerate @11052 i have between 40 and 50 fps.

so my config is Gngeo @266mhz sound enabled @11025hz system Home under firmware 1.4.0.
I have no rage2x only the Gngeo Selector.

-snip-

Bye

Thanks for the report. I have the same result with mslug. Some of the sound probleme should be fix now. I may release a new beta soon.

pepone posted on Mar 17 2006 at 03:19 PM said:
Thanks for the report. I have the same result with mslug. Some of the sound probleme should be fix now. I may release a new beta soon.

Good news!!

I'm looking forward the next release.

Bye

Cool, I can't wait to try this later :)

You are awesome Pepone, thanks for the great work.

tried some of the games listed above - here are the results:

-WindJammers: soundproblem fixed (but it sounds a bit funny at the NEO GEO screen)

-Sonic Wings 3: no sound, same as before

-Metal Slug 3: sound is okay,still no scores, the game seems to run a bit faster....

thanks for this new beta and for your hard work on gngeo. i love it!

Back