GOG.com

I don't understand this native port mania. Take Torchlight (it was a giveaway on GOG sometime so a lot of people probably have it in their library). I cannot get the Linux port to run on any newer distribution I've tried since I've ditched Ubuntu 12.04 (due to some library incompatability), but the Windows version runs fine (perhaps not pixel perfect, I don't know) on any Linux version I've tried it on. Do people really expect developer support for Linux versions? The windows version will most probably work on any Linux distribution (and other OSes) using wine as long as the OS is capable of running x86 code (either native or in an emulator) even 20 years in the future while the Linux port will be just a pile of useless bits to most users (though it would be possible to use shims to have it run natively as long as CPU architecture is identical).

Free engine source IMO is much more relevant, because it allows people like ptitseb to port the games to almost anything and maintain them long after the original developer/publisher has lost interest.

Given their former advertising switching to regional pricing was a major blunder, obviously. OTOH most of the games on GOG only have a different price for the former SU, only about 20% of items in GOG's catalog have price differences in the rest of the world (315 from 1519 according to current MaGOG database). As CD Projekt is Poland based I don't think they do it out of love for Russians (their financial reports indicate that GOG recieves a fixed percentage of sales price).

So, seems that GOG announced some kind of merging with STEAM... if you have a game there, it will be automatically added also on the GOG catalogue

Could be useful, I'm curios to see how many games will be supported for that

Yeah, well, I'm trying to "connect" the my accounts... but it doesn't seems to works for now (it took like 8h to now finish with a "Ooops, something went wrong, try again later").

It seems also not all game are eligible to this transfert, even if present in both catalog, it needs some published agreement.. No idea if it's most game that are eligible or just few.

No idea if it's most game that are eligible or just few.
They only show up (for some reason) when you really have the chance to connect the accounts

Its only a certain set of titles, and always only for a limited time. Those I remember, from the one time they showed up:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
- To the Moon
- Trine 2 (or 3 ?)
- BIT.TRIP Runner
- BRAID
- Breach & Clear
- VVVVVV
- Broken Sword Special EDirectors cut

I am tempted to "reactivate" my years old, ormant steam account, as I have gathered a lot of steam keys through the HumbleBundle...

Edit: Or just visit the site without being logged in:oops:

The process is not smooth. My two account eventualy get connected.
Now, 2 of my Steam games are eligible (FTL & VVVVVV), but even there, the process to add to game to your GoG library is.... not smooth at all.... (I was hopping Postal to be in the list, as it would make the process of testing with the GoG data easier for me).

Ahh damn, I traded some of those keys away a few weeks/days ago and still haven't got them on GOG.
I'll have to check this list in the future.

Maybe I have a more than 10 years old Steamaccount somewhere because of some Half-Life 2 demo, not sure.

from https://www.gog.com/connect#faq
If I no longer have the game in my Steam library, do I still keep it on GOG.com? 

If a game is removed from your Steam account for any reason, such as through manual deletion or a refund – we reserve the right to remove the games from your GOG.com library.

I wonder what will happens if you have purchased a game both on GOG and STEAM, and then somehow you remove the one on STEAM

You shouldn't read too much into a FAQ entry.

But where's the fun then ?! :D

Just an info for the Facebook haters around here, about the points-collecting-thing that is happening on GOG, you don't actually need an FB account to get the related free points, just click there and you are done. ;)

Just an info for the Facebook haters around here, about the points-collecting-thing that is happening on GOG, you don't actually need an FB account to get the related free points, just click there and you are done. ;)

Did not know that. Not that it matters, I already got all the free games on day 1.

Did not know that. Not that it matters, I already got all the free games on day 1.
Same here.... bought way too much games but some of those were on my wishlist for a loooong time and don't get promos too often.
I didn't even notice the other ways to get "exp", what exactly does a high count give you apart from the three free games?

I don't know how many games you bought in this offer, I have too many games on GOG, and too many still unplayed... so I'm trying to not buy until there's really something "required"...

but I don't have issues if a game is actually free :p So, following the golden clicking path that GOG put in front of my eyes, I've got Spelunky :)

I'll buy eventually the Dreamfall chapters one day, but I still have to play the second game of the serie that I already own from years, and that will not happen soon...

Every visit is a datapoint more in their usage statistic - so just not opening up that site is the only logical choice. But anyway - I guess gog looks at the tracking cockie from facebook then to know wether you really "liked" them on facebook or not ?

As to the sales, since the death of our washing machine (and my wife saying such awkward things like that our children need clean clothings) last weekend, my Pyra fund is almost reset. So I figured "what the heck" and bought "The Solus project", "Shelter" and "Anno 1404" but (strangely very easily) skipped on cheap "while I am already spending money" - titles like "Al-Quadim". That should keep me busy for a while, especially as "number 1" and "number 2" are already counting the days till the release of the next Lego Star Wars game - aargh, I can see why the kids love these games, but sometimes I literally fall asleep because theses games are so horribly repetitive..

Last edited:
Every visit is a datapoint more in their usage statistic - so just not opening up that site is the only logical choice. But anyway - I guess gog looks at the tracking cockie from facebook then to know wether you really "liked" them on facebook or not ?

I didn't wanted to like GOG on facebook to begin with :D so I just wanted to see how it was working...
I wasn't logged on facebook, and relative cookies were cleaned out, so when I clicked the GOG button, it just redirected me to the facebook login screen, and I didn't logged in, but the 500 points were already assigned to me, so happiness hit me :D

(I also have a fake fb account that I use just to like things for gifts, but that I don't want to like, and I didn't have the need to use it either)

EDIT: by the way, Spelunky is a damn random death game... I can't believe one actually can "learn" how to beat it, you just have to be lucky...

Back