GOG.com

And they managed to keep some of their DRM in Mirror's Edge too.
The "Time Trials" which are supposedly what the game is about for some people, are only playable with an EA account.

I don't have the GOG version, but in the original game if you press CANCEL you can play them offline...

And I don't think it's a DRM, it's just to access the online scoreboard.

The Saboteur is a really nice game, even in it's unfinished state (and French voice actors who don't know the context (or even the expected tone) of their texts). I had more fun with it than I expected.

The damn sales are started... and Little Big Adventure 2 is FREE

I had to choose if to get like 20 games, or just a Witcher 3 GOTY... got the last

EDIT: WTF !! Didn't see it coming !! While buying it I redeemed all the other 3 free games (Expedition Conquistador, Dex and Victor Vran !!!) I had Dex on my wishlist !! :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up, I still have my LBA2 CD somewhere, but it'll be more convenient on GoG. :)

I've modified the GOG version of LBA1 so it uses oggvorbis, makes it a heap smaller for use on the Pyra in a DBP! It works great ;)

Now I need to do 2!

Anyway, as always, to get EXP for free games you can SHARE on facebook even if you don't have a facebook account ;)

I shared to twitter and then immediately deleted the tweet. Then I realized I'd actually need to buy things in order to get enough points to get the free stuff and I just didn't want to spend that much money.

I shared to twitter and then immediately deleted the tweet. Then I realized I'd actually need to buy things in order to get enough points to get the free stuff and I just didn't want to spend that much money.

You have to do the check-in every day, go to the page of gog galaxy, etc... it's a mess, but you should get the first game for free just fulfilling the unlock page...

I got Spelunky for free the last year with a little patience

You don't actually need to tweet or post anything. Just following the link without even logging in to twitter/facebook is sufficient to collect the experience. Same for visiting the galaxy and wallet pages. You can wishlist and immediately unwishlist to collect those points, etc... The system is quite easy to game.

You need 5000 XP to collect the first game but all badges combined only yield 3700. So you still need to purchase something to collect it.

You can have my key and spare the effort, see PM.

It looks as though GOG.com is preparing for a hostile takeover:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1307639
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/events/
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/shareholders/
I guess the costly production of Witcher 3 could cost them their company and the insatiable monster that is EA may eat another one and then it's bye-bye to DRM free? :/
Could be Zenimax too...

Last edited:
You have to do the check-in every day, go to the page of gog galaxy, etc... it's a mess, but you should get the first game for free just fulfilling the unlock page...
What Caine said, unless you've seen a different way of collecting XP that isn't obvious.

On a series note, it looks as though GOG.com is preparing for a hostile takeover
In the event that that happens I have full confidence that they'll give us lots of warning before things go away. It would definitely suck that nothing new is coming but I'm not worried about waking up one morning and being unable to access everything I've bought (or at least not more so than the usual "this company can fold at any time"). If it happens, they'll formal letter, give everyone a couple of weeks to download their files, and then shut down the servers. It definitely won't happen overnight.
/me starts downloading his favourites now, just in case.
I will wonder what finally did it in for them though. I always felt like their recent foray into newer games went back on the original stated intention of providing old games, DRM free. I wonder if that shift kept them going for longer or if it spread them too thin by having to pay higher licensing fees.

edit: and optimistically, even if that CD Projekt gets bought, it could just be the development team being purchased, splitting gog into it's own spin-off company.

Last edited:
and optimistically, even if that CD Projekt gets bought, it could just be the development team being purchased, splitting gog into it's own spin-off company.
Unfortunately, CDP is the one that's publicly traded, so this includes control over both CDPR (Witcher) and GOG (Shop).
Fortunately, I've always backed up all the Linux and Windows ports as well as the bonus files and my backups are already up-to-date. Same goes for everything else I've ever bought in a digital shop since nothing lasts forever and I don't trust merchants enough (although GOG still more than others).

Unfortunately, CDP is the one that's publicly traded, so this includes control over both CDPR (Witcher) and GOG (Shop)
Right, but it wouldn't be the first time (not that I can remember a specific example off hand, unfortunately) of a subsidiary being spun out into its own company during a merger of the parent. That's why it's "optimistically".

I was planning to update my offline copy of my GOG collection anyway. This is as good a time as any.

If GOG goes away, I can only see illegal downloads of such old software becoming even easier, the way it seemed to all be going becore GOG turned up in the first place.

gog has yet another sale going on currently, and LIMBO was added to gog connect

Back