Gpsp 0.9-2xb

Exophase

Nothing good will ever come of Exophase.
Should fix some bugs (and maybe introduce some new ones?)

GPE package
Source code

Due to other responsabilities that can't be ignored any longer, I won't be working on gpSP for a few weeks at least. When I get back to it it'll be more optimizing and fixing :B Hope this release holds you off until then. I'll still be around here regularly.

White Demon said:
*Downloads*

Thank you for this.
Off for some testing....

EDIT *not downloading, I'm getting a 404 not found error. Does the link work?
Nope, the link is 404 for me too. Maybe Exophase can upload it to the file archive, or send it to EvilDragon to put there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well big thanks for the release... as you know there much more games working now :) For all others - here are my test results:

Games that work quite ok or better:
CODE

Advance Wars 1
Advance Wars 2
Atlantis
Casper
Frogger Adventure 2 The Lost Wand
Hugo The Evil Mirror
Inspector Gadget
Jurassic Park 3
Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland
Kuru Kuru Kururin
Lucky Luke - Wanted
Mech Platoon
Sonic Advance
Spyro Season Of Ice
Super Mario Advance
The Legend of Zelda - The Minish Cap
Wario Land 4

Games that does not work or are to slow to be called playable:
CODE

Duke Nukem Advance - super slow...
Golden Sun 2 - BUG after the intro movie, slow
Golden Sun - slow, but best of all

So Duke Nukem is one of these games:
Exophase said:
The games that are super slow are IWRAM thrashing.

I meant gpSP 0.9-2Xb in the topic, could someone change that for me? Blarr >_>

Thank you very much Exo :)

I remember to the people that they can include mmuhack.o used in the last built released by Zodttd.
FPS counter now is activated with stick push only.
Now you can configure controls.You can read about it in the readme.

Testing for some hours................

Exophase said:
Should fix some bugs (and maybe introduce some new ones?)

GPE package
Source code

Due to other responsabilities that can't be ignored any longer, I won't be working on gpSP for a few weeks at least. When I get back to it it'll be more optimizing and fixing :B Hope this release holds you off until then. I'll still be around here regularly.

Thanks again Exophase for your great work.

Now to go test some games :)

Are people's old save games working?

If not, I'll wait till I upgrade for a bit.

White Demon said:
Rivroner said:
FPS counter now is activated with stick push only.

For the love of god, WHY ?

L + R + volup + voldown is both awkward to press and strange to handle as a botton mapping. Don't worry, next version will let you change the config for push stick, volup/down, and vol middle (about the extent of weirdness I'm willing to support).

EDIT: If you don't have a push stick button and you want FPS display you should be able to bind it to one of the main buttons (A and Y are currently unused completely)

Cool. So far I have just tested Pac-man collection. I will edit with more as I test if I find anything unusual.

First the screen is not centered anymore. It is all of the way to the top left now. It would be nicer centered like before. EDIT: Must be a bug with Pacman collection, Astroboy is centered.

Will there be a way to get rid of that CPU tweak hack and have the clock speed be set per game? That would make more sense as different games need different OC.

In Pacman collection every 8 seconds or so the emu will slow down a bit skip a few frames, then go back to normal. It repeats this effect constantly, it is not effected by what is happening in game. It will do this at the title screen with the wavy background.

It seems this version is a bit slower for me than the last release. I am getting stuttery sound again and I didn't in the last version. EDIT: ok tested the last version to compare. I guess the last one was stutery too, I thought it wasn't for some reason. The speed seems to be the same, no faster.

Thanks for the emu.

Mario Golf still doesn't work - it always resets about 15-20 seconds in.

The emulator seems to not work as well with euro roms - because while all my US roms have seen a (slight) improvement in speed, with all my euro roms the speed has gotten worse.

EDIT: when the emulator starts, the menu must be entered to correct the screen size for the first rom selected. After that, it's fine.

DaveC said:
First the screen is not centered anymore. It is all of the way to the top left now. It would be nicer centered like before. EDIT: Must be a bug with Pacman collection, Astroboy is centered.
Lunar Legend doesn't center either now.

Speed, however, is fantastic!

Back