Gpsp 0.9-2xb

White Demon said:
Mario Golf still doesn't work - it always resets about 15-20 seconds in.

The emulator seems to not work as well with euro roms - because while all my US roms have seen a (slight) improvement in speed, with all my euro roms the speed has gotten worse.

EDIT: when the emulator starts, the menu must be entered to correct the screen size for the first rom selected. After that, it's fine.
interesting... the roms I tested where nearly all the EU versions. The US rom improvement comes probably through the optimization of the dynarec ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, im about to test this but I just read the entire readme (lengthy) I don't know if this hasnt been edited since psp times or what but I don't want you to feel threatened by dickheads..especially here. I'm about to go start testing things, have fun with your obligations.

OHIO!

EDIT: Wow im blind...gp2x readme

Ever-s0-slightly off-topic:

Does anyone know if one of those goodrom lists exists for GBA and if so where can I get it?

NOTE I AM NOT ASKING FOR ROMZ, just a goodroms list.

Centering problem is not a problem.Press vol+- in the middle and change to non scaled mode.After that all the games you play will be centered.
It only happens with the first game you launch.

Thanks for the emu Exophase!!!, anyway, someone had lock ups?, i can't get rid of them.

Wow, just tested BGDA! 60fps at 240 and no frameskip. The sound is perfect too. I just wondering, in the BG menu I don't get the transparent green boxes to show items equipped - might this be related to having the wrong bios - which it claims I have.

Great work Exophase, brilliant to have you come a look at our obscure Korean console. Glad you'll be hanging around...

shinra said:
Thanks for the emu Exophase!!!, anyway, someone had lock ups?, i can't get rid of them.
I had no lock ups.
I ahve been playing like an hour to Zelda, Winning Eleven and Metroid and no problems.3 Hours of play without lock ups.

I have OC to the limit of my GP2x and Ram Tweaks ON.

Maybe you must disable ram tweaks or something.Not all the GP2X can support that ram tweaks.

Or maybe you batteries, i was using some months ago a batteries that was hanging randomsly.

Well, I downloaded US roms of the three games that I had in euro roms. These games are:

Mario Kart
Final Fight One
Driver 2 Advance

While Final Fight had a speedup in the US rom, Mario Kart and Driver 2 US roms performed as poorly in this release as their Euro counterparts did. Here are the results:

All tested at 260mhz, with no ram timings (they don't seem to work for me)

mario kart
settings: manual fs1
fps 0.9-2xa: 50(30)
fps 0.9-2xb: 42(30)

driver 2 advance
settings: manual fs2
fps 0.9-2xa: 21(20) - 60(20)
fps 0.9-2xb: 11(20) - 54(20)

It looks like I'm better running those two in the xa version.
Now I'm gonna need three bloody versions on so I can play Mario Golf too.

Don´t use manual, auto frameskipping is working pertfecly.

I think the emulator is running exactly like version A did.But maybe i am wrong.

Tekken now workd and is very fun and running very fast.

Yoshi´s Island is incredible , it is running very well.

the controls are all messed up for me, so right is now 'A' and the X button is now 'down', etc.

I am presuming from the previous responses that no-one else has this, and it is some kind of config file error.

WhizzBang said:
the controls are all messed up for me, so right is now 'A' and the X button is now 'down', etc.

I am presuming from the previous responses that no-one else has this, and it is some kind of config file error.

You did follow Exophase's advice on the subject of upgrading - he mentioned this could happen if you did things in a certain way...

Ah, I should have checked the readme_gp2x. Here is the relevant bit in case anyone else misses this:

0.9-2xb:
-- IMPORTANT-- If you're overwriting an old version, be sure to delete the
gpsp.cfg file first, or be prepared to have a bunch of weird button
settings that would require fixing.

Rivroner said:

I think the emulator is running exactly like version A did.But maybe i am wrong.

It has some improvements in the dynrec and some bug fixes... You will see this if you try "Lucky Luke Wanted" or "Frogger Advance 2" in A and in B. For EU games: I'm using Auto FS between 1 and 4 and OC to 240 mhz with Ram tweaks ;)

With Auto FS 4 even Golden Sun 1 is nearly to be playable...

Elektranox said:
Rivroner said:

It has some improvements in the dynrec and some bug fixes... You will see this if you try "Lucky Luke Wanted" or "Frogger Advance 2" in A and in B. For EU games: I'm using Auto FS between 1 and 4 and OC to 240 mhz with Ram tweaks ;)

With Auto FS 4 even Golden Sun 1 is nearly to be playable...

I am agree with you, i meant that B is at least equal to A speed or more.That was and answer to another user that said B was slower than A.

My english is bad, i don´t know how to explain it very well :D

First off, apparently I have an "incorrect bios image", though it's worked before now! Oh well, found a new one!....

Set at 250hz, autoframeskip 4

Work well, and playable:
Mario Kart - playable, great
Kuru Kuru Kururin - great
Klonoa - great (50+)
Muppet Pinball Mayhem (50+ in-game)
Pinball of the Dead - playable, great (35-50)
Pinball Challenge Deluxe - playable
Hardcore Pinball - sound jerky, but playable
Dave Mirra BMX 3 - now very playable!
Star Wars Lego II - playable (15-20 in-game)
Micro Machines - fast and playable, occasional slowdowns
Sega Rally Championship - fast and playable (it said "60 (24)" on top left)
Super Monkey Ball Jnr. - a bit slow, jerky sound
Sonic Pinball Party - works very very well! 59 (28)
Chu Chu Rocket - Great, 59 (59) !
Mr Driller 2 - Great 60 (30)
Namco Museum - great
Super Bust A Move - Great, full speed
Gradius Advance - A little slow but works well(58 (13-19))

Some problems:
Rampage Puzzle attack - ok but bad sound
Pinball Advance - slow and jerky sound (44 (12))
Tony Hawks 2 - Still slow and jerky sound, unfortunately

Colin McRae 2 - crashes when starting gameplay. May not do this on the real bios, which I still haven't found

It seems compatibility is back up - fantastic news.

Occasionally a game appears in the top left of the screen, going into the menu and back out makes it go back fullscreen.

I put the new version in it's own folder, so I shouldn't have any conflicts. To turn the volume down, am I right in having to repeatedly press the - button rather than be able to hold it in?

Great work Exophase!

Colin McRae is in old bug I forgot to fix for the GP2X specifically (the stupid game uses movs pc in user mode which is bad but should be ignored). This is what happens when people use ASM without knowing what they're doing.

For those with worse performance: do you have mmuhack.o? It's in the current .zip but it wasn't there at first.

My tests indicate that Mario Kart is slightly faster at 200MHz so that should scale.

Back