Release Hase 1.5

I was just playing a game of the latest version of Hase with Levi, Lolla and undexsym, and I got frozen. The pndrun*.out mentions a lot of times "BIG PANIC at second 90!". Here is the pndrun.out file:

attachicon.gif
pndrun_hase_prototype.zip
Did you use the most recent version and not the version, which was online between 02:55 PM and 03:48 PM board time?

Especially the last mentioned version made some serious strange network bullshit. :D

Otherwise it just looks like to me as if your network was gone.
The most recent version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday night I uploaded the version 1.5.4.2 with the following changelog:

1.5.4.2:

- Rsotation speed of the cross haire depends on the weapon power

- Targeting line is above cross haire

- Fixed a _very_ rare and uncommon crash because of division by zero

- Set the ingame chat to appear for 1 minute instead of only 20 seconds (testwise)
Here is a video using it in an epic fight between Levi, Canseco, Darkwing and an AI.

Please note especially the rotation speed of the cross haire. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQoaZjf6oOw

(Watch in HD for best quality)

Played a round on the bus today.

No lag to report, seemed to work good. The line is still too difficult to see. I would suggest a brighter colour, white or maybe have it suit your avatar?

Gameplay feels quicker, but that may just be my imagination.

Here's a movie of a nice game between me and Levi:

(movie still uploading)
_wb_, it feels a bit like invading your privacy watching your movie. Your mic was on and the conversation between you and your gf/wife is all on it.

Better to put some music underneath instead I'd say
OOPS! Thanks for telling me! The stupid screen recorder apparently records mic input instead of the game audio. I should have checked :)

Hase is now unplayable on the OpenPandora. The list of older games is so big that it pauses the application downloading it. It takes a while, and before you know it, the next update is there. Chatting is annoying now, with such big pauses. (I have dialup)

Here's a movie of a nice game between me and Levi:

(movie still uploading)
_wb_, it feels a bit like invading your privacy watching your movie. Your mic was on and the conversation between you and your gf/wife is all on it.

Better to put some music underneath instead I'd say
OOPS! Thanks for telling me! The stupid screen recorder apparently records mic input instead of the game audio. I should have checked :)
I have done this before too.  I am starting to agree with the "if no camera then why have mic" people.  Ripping out mics might help save us from ourselves. :p

Hase is now unplayable on the OpenPandora. The list of older games is so big that it pauses the application downloading it. It takes a while, and before you know it, the next update is there. Chatting is annoying now, with such big pauses. (I have dialup)
Let me try...

Edit: It loaded in a second or two for me on a CC Pandora with a poor signal on my wireless network.  Chatting works fine for me.

Do you use the most recent one? Version 1.5.4 had some serious problems, which should be solves with version 1.5.4.1 and 1.5.4.2.Anyway Hase isn't downloading very much. The game list it loads is this file: http://ziz.gp2x.de/haseserver13/get_games.phpAtm ~4 KB. Even with a 56k modem, this should need at most 1 second.

The data up- and downloaded per turn is also at most 1,5 KB/s.

Anyway I can think about a more compressed version for such slow connections.

I tried around a bit with HTTP compression and at least the downloaded data is now compressed. Especially the turns now need 98% less bandwidth (so the header is now much bigger!)

But I improved even more. Changelog:

Version 1.5.4.3:

- Asking the server to give gzip compressed data. Saved up to 98% of data bandwith.

- Sound warning at end of turn

- Mine make noises now

- Chat is fading out ingame

- Pandora only: Toggling between fullscreen and windowed mode with the Pandora button

- Inverted button images to be more clear
New version in the repository.

Greetings Ziz

Gotta keep all technologies alive (besides, if I do not use that account, it closes down, and then the prepaid money is gone).

- Asking the server to give gzip compressed data. Saved up to 98% of data bandwith.
:D It really works!It really works!It really works! thanks a ton! And thanks for the sounds... always fun to have more of those...

Just played a game with Binky, and part way through the game basically came to a halt.

Binky's screen said "Sending turn data", and mine said "Waiting for Binky's turn data"

Also, another little bug - not sure if this is just on the Pandora, but I got it so if you press the Insult button, it adds the text instead of replaces the text, so I pressed it a few times and generated a long insult piece of text

This should help me out a little.  I often waste turns because I think I have more time.  "23 seconds? Ok, I will just change weapons and go over here, if I can get unstuck, and now I need to be in a good position (stop jumping too far), lining up the shot, adjusting power...I WAS ABOUT TO FIRE!"  It won't help with pushing the wrong button or key, but that is a fault of the player (me).

I was having some problems with some keys not working on the keyboard I was using (Windows 7 box). I may have hit the wrong key, but it happened multiple times with right Alt.  This was a version from a few days ago. Space may be a good fire/shoot key.

Also, another little bug - not sure if this is just on the Pandora, but I got it so if you press the Insult button, it adds the text instead of replaces the text, so I pressed it a few times and generated a long insult piece of text
I thought that was intentional so we could make long strings of insults.

Just played a game with Binky, and part way through the game basically came to a halt.

Binky's screen said "Sending turn data", and mine said "Waiting for Binky's turn data"
For this I need the log. Did you both use the most recent version? I think some of the problems I can't solve, the pandora's wifi is really not made for online gaming. :\At least I will make all network connection in the next version nonmodal, so you can atleast exit hase, check your wifi or do something at all.

This should help me out a little.  I often waste turns because I think I have more time.  "23 seconds? Ok, I will just change weapons and go over here, if I can get unstuck, and now I need to be in a good position (stop jumping too far), lining up the shot, adjusting power...I WAS ABOUT TO FIRE!"  It won't help with pushing the wrong button or key, but that is a fault of the player (me).
Yeah, I had the same problem. Especially if some game masters *cough* Levi *cough* create a game with only 20 seconds per turn. He had to die for this... :>
I was having some problems with some keys not working on the keyboard I was using (Windows 7 box). I may have hit the wrong key, but it happened multiple times with right Alt.  This was a version from a few days ago. Space may be a good fire/shoot key.
Windows is the reason I had to drop the AltGr key and to use Menu now. Windows 7 sends Strg + Alt if you press AltGr. o_O I wonder, what happens with AltGr + Remove...However. With "Alt" I mean the left Alt button between Super key and Space.

I thought that was intentional so we could make long strings of insults.
Exactly. But the resaon was more to write "pmprog, [Hitting Insult button]" ;) So in fact: It's a feature, not a bug!

Windows is the reason I had to drop the AltGr key and to use Menu now. Windows 7 sends Strg + Alt if you press AltGr. o_O I wonder, what happens with AltGr + Remove...
However. With "Alt" I mean the left Alt button between Super key and Space.
Over here we usually have 2 alts (no AltGr usually) and 2 super/window keys.  I eventually figured out it was left alt.  It was not my computer, and it is unlikley I will play on Windows again.  Is it different on the Linux version?  It doesn't surprise me that Windows broke your game.

Funny side note, although most keyboards here are mirrored in that section of the bottom row, mine.  Your description is accurate for my keyboard, but not for the one I played on.

Sorry I am turning this into a keyboard thread.   :p

Over here we usually have 2 alts (no AltGr usually) and 2 super/window keys.  I eventually figured out it was left alt.  It was not my computer, and it is unlikley I will play on Windows again.  Is it different on the Linux version?  It doesn't surprise me that Windows broke your game.
My version isn't different. But the behaviour of Linux, which makes imho more sense. Why do I need a button, which presses two buttons. o_O

Back