Have We Got Any 3d Artists In This Forum?

I find racing games quite boring, especially on a handeld where you can't really concentrate or take the time while on the move... But a good and fast ACTION (hehe) racing game would be awesome, something you can launch and have fun immediately, without having to wonder : do I have the time to start playing this game?

good simplist graphics like Kenta Sho games or the image posted above are better than a game trying to look realistic, but is actually ugly :(

So, now we're getting somewhere :) seems most people are wanting something like mario kart meets spy hunter?

Are people wanting winding and hilly roads? or long flat straights with cars and trees to avoid? etc? or winding hilly roads with cars and trees to avoid? :D

Racing and shooting... how about a 3D version of Roadblasters?

250px-RoadBlasters.jpg

UZ Cannon: A rapid fire gun that does not deplete the multiplier. A limited amount of ammunition is supplied.

Cruise Missile: Detonation eliminates all enemies on the screen. Three missiles are included.

Nitro Inject: Increases the speed of the car from 210 to 298 km/h for a limited distance. Three nitros to a pack.

Electro Shield: Allows the car to drive through any enemy or obstacle unharmed for a short distance. Three to a pack.

I'm in :)

Right, It's looking pretty much straight forward, I know I'd say I'd wait til tomorrow night, as not everyone has had time to look at the thread, but I guess we could make a start.

Artists, who offered their help, can you say what you want to have a crack at?

Car & bike models or tracks?

Also, on tracks, should we go for doing multiple sets of strips ( straights and bends ) , where we can join them together like scalextric sets? or just complete tracks?

Only artists doing stuff need to comment on this, as it's their time involved, so t'is up to them which way to go next.

Cheers again for your help arty peeps :)

It's all gone quiet? was it something I said? have all the artists done a runner now lol? or are you all deciding what to do? :)

so who of you handy artists wants to do vehicles, and who wants to attempt tracks?

Draken posted on Feb 9 2007 at 04:59 PM said:
Sounds great! Sadly I can't help as I'm a pretty bad artist and the best I can do 2D art..

would you like to do front end menus etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Baggers posted on Feb 9 2007 at 12:01 PM said:
Sounds great! Sadly I can't help as I'm a pretty bad artist and the best I can do 2D art..

I'd like to help out once I'm finished with another graphics project for the GP2X. I'm good at 2D, but I haven't worked with 3D art yet. However, since it seems that these models will be pretty simple, perhaps I can produce something. Let me get back with you in about a week?

Otherwise, Purple Goat said that he has some skill in 3D modeling.

saehn posted on Feb 9 2007 at 05:12 PM said:
Baggers posted on Feb 9 2007 at 12:01 PM said:

I'd like to help out once I'm finished with another graphics project for the GP2X. I'm good at 2D, but I haven't worked with 3D art yet. However, since it seems that these models will be pretty simple, perhaps I can produce something. Let me get back with you in about a week?

Otherwise, Purple Goat said that he has some skill in 3D modeling.

Yeah Saehn your more than welcome to do some stuff for it,
I'll look forward to hearing from you in about a week then :D

cool a racing game :) looked good in the movie! please make it easy to drive, that's more fun and relaxing ;)

...and I would vote for something like DUNGEON SIEGE or Sacred... ^^ Well, this could be done in 2D to... :)
The GP2X needs a good RPG/Hack'n slay with the Item-collecting-drive... :D

fusion_power posted on Feb 9 2007 at 10:01 PM said:
...and I would vote for something like DUNGEON SIEGE or Sacred... ^^ Well, this could be done in 2D to... :)
The GP2X needs a good RPG/Hack'n slay with the Item-collecting-drive... :D

I suppose we could then do a 3D RPG with it afterwards too? if the artists are up to it?
Would look sweet, with real 360 degrees turning around in a village etc. 45 degree viewing angle and shoulder buttons to spin you round :)

If the artists would prefer to do houses and people instead of cars and big tracks?

It's really down to the artists, cos without art, this can go nowhere :( cos my art is useless :unsure:

So I'd like to get some artists ready to start to decide what they like to make best.

Oh, and Don't worry STTrife, I'll make it as easy and comfy to drive as possible :)

Baggers posted on Feb 9 2007 at 06:01 PM said:

Naw, I'll leave that to Saehn. ;)
I hope some artists will reply though, these ideas sound awesome..

vidar_nelson posted on Feb 11 2007 at 03:44 PM said:
I guess I could help out. I can't guarantee to have very much time, and I'm actually more specialized on characters, but I would find it pretty fun to work on and off on a project like this.
Visit http://vidar.nelson.googlepages.com/home for a poorly updated list of things I've done/am doing.

/Vidar

Wow, you definitely have more 3D skills than I could hope to acquire in any reasonable amount of time. Please feel free to step in! ;) I'm still waiting to hear back from my project partner on my latest graphics project.

Back