Have We Got Any 3d Artists In This Forum?

@saehn: Thanks!
/me steps in

NoidZ said:
Now I'm really looking forward learning 3ds Max next year.
This is all blender, just so you know ;)

Oh, and I can be reached on vidar dot nelson at gmail.com

/Vidar

Edit: as for genre, about anything would do.
Although I'd love to do some characters....

Last edited by a moderator:
vidar_nelson posted on Feb 12 2007 at 04:04 PM said:
@saehn: Thanks!
/me steps in

NoidZ said:
Now I'm really looking forward learning 3ds Max next year.
This is all blender, just so you know ;)

Oh, and I can be reached on vidar dot nelson at gmail.com

/Vidar

Edit: as for genre, about anything would do.
Although I'd love to do some characters....

Hi vidar_nelson, thanks for the help offer :) do you fancy doing a couple of vehicles to start with?

unless people would like a 3D iso hack n slash? since the art is your doing? and i can't make you do anything you don't want to :)

I think you better start with a racing game. and AFTER that a hack 'n slash. Reason is that most RPG type of games never reach the 'playable' status.

Racing games are usually playable early and that makes it much more likely to be finished :)

STTrife posted on Feb 12 2007 at 05:18 PM said:
I think you better start with a racing game. and AFTER that a hack 'n slash. Reason is that most RPG type of games never reach the 'playable' status.

Racing games are usually playable early and that makes it much more likely to be finished :)

Have no fear, Just spoke with Vidar, we're gonna do a racer first :)

Watch this space, also, any artists wanting to help speed things up doing tracks?
please apply here :)

Baggers posted on Feb 12 2007 at 06:52 PM said:

Watch this space, also, any artists wanting to help speed things up doing tracks?

We're all looking forward to see your games ;)

reiboul posted on Feb 12 2007 at 07:06 PM said:
Baggers posted on Feb 12 2007 at 06:52 PM said:

We're all looking forward to see your games ;)

Cheers :)

nice dude :) kinda like mariokart style I guess :)

Yeah that would be awesome too.. instead of a normal racing game, make one where you can shoot stuff at eachother like in mariokart :D

Nice concept vidar_nelson! B)

Looks real good.. This is starting to form into a kind-of 3D "Death Rally" game. Hehe would be great, and then give the "fighters" sort-of ironic names like "Farmer Ted" and so on..

Watch out a new game for the GP2X is being born..

Maybe... :rolleyes:

Death on wheels!

mes83 posted on Feb 13 2007 at 07:16 PM said:
Nice concept vidar_nelson! B)

Looks real good.. This is starting to form into a kind-of 3D "Death Rally" game. Hehe would be great, and then give the "fighters" sort-of ironic names like "Farmer Ted" and so on..

Watch out a new game for the GP2X is being born..

Maybe... :rolleyes:

Death on wheels!

That's a good point :) would people like a Death Rally type overhead 3D game? or a third person?

Update! I got the first model textured now.
194 polys (had a limit of 200) and a 128* rgb texture (we'll se what Baggers says about that, might be to big :blink: )
This is definitely the most low-poly character I've ever done.

And a turntable animation

Tell me what you thnk!

vidar_nelson posted on Feb 14 2007 at 04:24 PM said:
Update! I got the first model textured now.
194 polys (had a limit of 200) and a 128* rgb texture (we'll se what Baggers says about that, might be to big :blink: )
This is definitely the most low-poly character I've ever done.

And a turntable animation

Tell me what you thnk!

Looks good so far, it will look even better on the small GP2X screen! Will the models be skinnable via user-editable images?

great model considering the poly count. As I watched the turntable though I realized that from behind (how well being seing him) the "brutal guy" looks like he has no left fore arm because of the sharp angle from his elbow to the wheel. I dont know how you could solve this or if it would give to many polys but it just looks akward from the standard 3rd person viewing angle. Maybe (i have no idea how difficult this is its just a suggestion) you could have his arm go more straight in towards the wheel. Not completely straight but maybe not having his elbow bent off to the side. This might look more natural. He could still look badass if his one arm was stretched out to barely grab the wheel "gangsta lean" style and all you saw was his shoulder. Or if this still looked bad then maybe the weel could be bigger so that you could see him grabbing it from behind. Just my input.

looks great :) nice work for such small polygoncount!

I don't see any problem with the left arm myself...

Back