Release Hotfix 6 Final released!

Firmware request for next HF !

Have succeeded to make ASUS WL-167G v2 Wi-Fi dongle working.

I just had to copy the /lib/firmware/rt73.bin to the same directory of my OP rootfs. Then have plug it into a non-powered (or powered) USB hub, power on the OP, and voilà !

Firmwares often are not legal to be included in an open OS.

Well, Ralink is the most Linux-friendly chipset vendor.

You mean, if the firmware is not open source, it breaks the GPL ?

From wikipedia http://en.wikipedia....ki/Ralink#Linux :

Ralink provides GPL drivers for Linux. While Linux drivers for the older RT2500 chipsets are no longer updated by Ralink, these are now being maintained by Serialmonkey's rt2x00 project.

Current Ralink chipsets require firmware. Ralink allows the use and redistribution of the firmwares, but does not allow their modification.

Linux includes partially working (no AP or Ad-hoc mode) drivers for Ralink cards starting from version 2.6.24.[citation needed] However, these drivers require firmware to function. Completely free software GNU/Linux distributions such as gNewSense are expected to be unable to support current Ralink chipsets unless the firmware's license is changed. Old chipsets such as RT2400 (802.11b) and RT2500 (802.11g) should be supported. Ralink rt3070 Injection/monitor support for Linux is now found in Beini linux distribution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if it was mentioned here already, I kinda skip from page 6, anyway, here are the issues I found going from hf5 to 6rc and final. wifi light does not come on and toggle wifi app doesn't seem to do anything. In minimenu it doesn't bring up wifi menu to select connections. In xfce4, i use wifi manager to connect to wifi then switch to minimenu. I can't seem to be able to change clock speed from 500mhz. I changed speed in settings but it remains at 500mhz and then I get error message every time I reboot that the system was not power off properly so the speed was reset to 500nhz. So how to porperly shutdown pandora so this issue can be resolve? and in minimenu when I minimize a window/running app, I just get a black screen. how do I bring back the app window without restarting it?

Don't know if it was mentioned here already, I kinda skip from page 6, anyway, here are the issues I found going from hf5 to 6rc and final. wifi light does not come on and toggle wifi app doesn't seem to do anything. In minimenu it doesn't bring up wifi menu to select connections. In xfce4, i use wifi manager to connect to wifi then switch to minimenu. I can't seem to be able to change clock speed from 500mhz. I changed speed in settings but it remains at 500mhz and then I get error message every time I reboot that the system was not power off properly so the speed was reset to 500nhz. So how to porperly shutdown pandora so this issue can be resolve? and in minimenu when I minimize a window/running app, I just get a black screen. how do I bring back the app window without restarting it?

Seems like you are using the old kernel.

How have you flashed? Are you running from SD?

Just wanted to give a big thanks for this hotfix my wifi speeds have been improved to a usable level whether that was a feature or just a coincidence, either way I'm grateful :) . On a slightly unrelated note, is it possible to get a 8192U driver?

Seems like you are using the old kernel.

How have you flashed? Are you running from SD?
I did a full flash install when upgraded to HF6rc from HF5 that it came with, than a upgrade to HF6final using the PND upgrade to Nand. The lights were working when I got it.

i just installed this new update works like a charm with no problem,wi-fi works great as before and new bugs fixed makes it the best fw as yet.

Nice going evildragon with the new update,keep up the good work.

Just one question will there be another fw without overlays to play them emulators,sometimes you forget to select the right mode,it's better to make just s-video and composite only.

It's so annoying when you are playing emu without overlay you select s-video which works but if you work with overlay emu it won't work then need to get back tv out settings and change to overlay mode to make it work,which such a headache,it's better if you can work out to play overlay and without overlay in one way.

I have problem with this fw,when i did the settings for screen blank issue it freezes on Zaxxon screen,then even if i do hard reset the machine won't start up anymore,i can this be solved,when i reinstalled the fw again go back to normal again with screen blank issue it freezes again,please help me on this.

ocean, can you provide us the exact SD card model(s) you are using ?

Your PanDebian problem may also be related.

It's made by play.com,there cards are original and they aren't fake ones.

I have 3 of them and they all perfect.

Yes that is correct.

The firmware was installed by different card it was 4gb one called sandisk extreme III.

In total i have 5 cards:

4gb sandisk extreme III

4gb caanoo

3x 32gb play.com

I not already done, can you try to install the firmware using the sandisk plz ?

May have missed this info : you boot on NAND or SD ?

You have to boot from sd1.

As it is mentioned on evildragon fw download section.

The firmware was installed by different card.

you boot on NAND or SD ?

You have to boot from sd1.

There is a difference between :

-Installing a firmware on the NAND using a SD.

-Booting the firmware from a SD card.

1- So what are you exactly doing ?

2- What exact Hotfix file are you using (provide the http link, please) ?

3- Which exact card are you using when you have trouble ?

4- What is the exact filesystem on the card ?

I will answer all of your questions:

1- When i turn on the system i hold down the r should button with power switch together and it brings up boot up menu on there i select sd1 to install fw.

2-using hotfix6 final.

3-with all of them.

4-it's fat32 system.

Ok.

Have you ever reformated your sandisk card ?

If yes, how did you proceed, under which OS, using which software ?

Did you check the md5sum of the downloaded firmware ?

Back