How Do You Interpret Your Relationship To Op Ltd.?

How do you view your relationship to Open Pandora LTD.?

• Customer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Investor

• Friend

• Pontificator

• Waiting for the second batch to decide.

• None

• 1-4

• Total voters

Phawx

Professional Derailer
EDIT: So, prefacing this may help some.

When I paid by CC, I considered myself a customer. But when I paid by cash I considered myself an investor. But also, whenever I get the chance and talking about tech with friends, I mention the Pandora.

How do you view yourself?

My vote is that Phawx should stop being childish and just deal with the situation the same way the rest of us have. If they're not answering your questions, just stop asking them. Problem solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait what? Let's forget about that other thread. Stop drawing meaning from that.

@Vorporeal and Butterman

Calm down, spin down those engines. My white flag was up a long time ago.

Then you shouldn't be making silly threads like this that are utterly pointless.

I'll betray myself with this post and what I want to point out in this one: If we don't want to give him / her more attention, then let's just not reply to his / her negative / possibly negative / looking-forward-to-something-negative threads. Or all his / her threads if you want. Or any negative thread for that matter, regardless of the poster. Then those threads will slowly banish from the first pages of the forum and die a solitary death.

Really sorry if I sounded harsh and / or contradictory and /or contradictorily negative (since I'm looking forward to a more positive humor / ambient on these forums).

That said, good luck and bye.

EDIT: Sorry for the premature, harsh words. Keep it up with the positive threads and vibes!

I do not know if it is utterly pointless. I think it is valuable to understand where everyone is coming from. But if no one would take it seriously *then* it becomes utterly pointless.

@lastpucho

I understand where you are coming from but, I have apologized multiple times already. If people glanced over them without thinking me genuine, then there is nothing else that I can do and I guess a good portion have already banished me from these forums.

This poll is not to be taken positively or negatively. It is just curiosity.

In all seriousness, this is not an attacking thread. And I would very much like your honest opinion. That is all that I can ask.

'Vorporeal' said:
If they're not answering your questions, just stop asking them. Problem solved.
If only.

I have been a member of this board for many years and still own both my GP32 and 2x, when I heard about the Pandora I ordered one as soon as they went to pre-order, i then re-pre-ordered with a bank transfer when that was needed, I have spoken the the people at GBAX in the past and they have been helpfull and kind when I was in need of aid, I consider them (Craig etc.) friends as I care about the situation all the devs are in, and would be gutted if the Pandora project didnt take off for any reason, not for my piddly £300.00 I coughed up at the start but for the livelyhood of some very talented individuals which could be ruined if the Pandora isn't right.

Keep up the great work guys. :D

Dont let the b******s grind you down. ;)

Customer, with benefits. [Since I intend to develop for the Pandora once I get one]

edit: Let's forget anything stupid Phawx might have said in the past, this poll is interesting. Even though the answers are pretty obvious: Customer or Customer / Developer.

'mrpham' said:
'Vorporeal' said:
If they're not answering your questions, just stop asking them. Problem solved.
If only.

You guys do realize that this question has absolutely zero to do with either:

1.) Any previous questions

and

2.) Is not a question *for* OpenPandora but a question to the community

The only malice this thread contains is opinions directed at me.

Anyone who considers themselves an investor does not understand the actual definition of an investment. Misusing a word doesn't change its meaning.
We are customers. We paid money for a product. Period. We did not gain any additional authority, there is no reward beyond that which we were promised, it was a fair and equitable exchange: money now for a future product at a fixed price.
If you're intending to sell your Pandora on ebay for an as yet unknown profit (or risk a loss), then you have the beginnings of an argument that you are investing in the Pandora. Even if you could work the investment angle, you'd still have to argue whether it's a passive investment like a baseball card collection, or an active investment like corn or oil futures.

I think people are basing this thread from you off your previous ones by you which, seems to not be that far apart time-of-posting-wise.

@WizardStan

Well Angel investors want to see a certain return. I can see where you are coming from though.

How I feel is with CC I had a certain amount of protection and I could get my money back.

When I paid by cash, that's it.

The return I was looking for in my *investment* was a Pandora. To me, the Pandora has incredible value for what we are paying for it.

Personally I think prices upto $600 on eBay will be there.

getting exactly what you were promised for your payment does not constitute an investment. The word you're looking for is commitment, not investment.

I suppose there are many ways in investing in a product.
(depending on the type/direction that the person would like to invest in)

@WizardStan

Wouldn't that be just considered a customer?

Also I purchased three Pandora's. One is going to a friend and my other friend might be bailing so I don't know what's going on with the third right now.

But no doubt when he sees the Pandora he'll want it again.

Has there been anybody that purchased 10+ Pandora's to sell? like through an e-shop or whatever?

Also who says an investment can not be to see a company thrive?

'WizardStan' said:
getting exactly what you were promised for your payment does not constitute an investment. The word you're looking for is commitment, not investment.
These days, a lot of people would consider that a good investment.

Just saying.

Seriously though, does this thread really need to exist? Personally, I consider myself a Bruce or if I'm going to really stretch a Bob.

Back