How long will it take before the Pandora is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku418

Still Fresh
How long do you think it will take for the first batch of Pandora (3000 units) to sell out?

don't know, don't think there are 3000 in this forum that have actively posted "I want to get my own pandora" or something of the like.
and there may be many lurkers, but pre-ordering will solve the priority issues with who wants one and who just wants to wait and see.

Aaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!!!

I hope you are happy, I just nearly died of a heart attack. See if a moderator can change that to a sentence: "Will the Pandora sell out?" There was a thread similar to this already (maybe 2-3 times). I don't see it now though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm willing to bet that selling out of Pandoras is just one Engadget post away.

Since the news of Pandora's release will likely hit most specialized news sites, I expect 2-3 days max. should do it :)

nubie said:
Aaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!!!

I hope you are happy, I just nearly died of a heart attack. See if a moderator can change that to a sentence: "Will the Pandora sell out?" There was a thread similar to this already (maybe 2-3 times). I don't see it now though.

I’m sorry for almost causing your death. :D

Alex. said:
Since the news of Pandora's release will likely hit most specialized news sites, I expect 2-3 days max. should do it :)
Damn, not only do we have to fight the people of the forum for one, but the entire internet. (j/k) Well I hope the Pandora sells well. I really would like to see this device become a success and eventually down the road lead to better revisions and successors. Well I guess it’s too early to start talking about a Pandora Lite or Pandora 2, lol.

People can dream. :p

I, too, hope that it sells out fast so that it is immensely popular. But not until I get mine of course! :D

hours and days are quite optimistic. i would expect within the first few weeks (3 weeks to a month?)

i think a few hundred to a thousand will be sold here directly. and the rest will be from people reading about it on Engadget, and other such sites.

There is still a lot of people out there that think this is vapourware. There are others that will not sign up to mailing lists.

When the developers are ready to post videos of the actual hardware running something cool then many more people will show interest. I am sure that it was stated that it would be sold to those that were registered first and then about a week later to everyone else. So if we're into guessing, how about half get sold in the first week to people that are regstered and the second half go the week or so after.

Pre-orders were 4 weeks before release, so if demand were especially high they could start to order the second batch before the first were delivered.

Once it breaks through to the PSP group proving that it is an awesome replacement for the PSP for roming, then a spike in sales will happen.

Something like N64 or a few FPS that are too complex for the PSP.

Having PSP people here is not a good thing, but I can put up with it if it makes the Pandora profitable.

icurafu said:
Having PSP people here is not a good thing, but I can put up with it if it makes the Pandora profitable.
OMG NO! We will need a Noob User forum for them or they will destroy the place :)

I don't think that will be the case at all, i own both machines and getting emulators and such to run on the psp is far more complex than the gp2x. Really the only psp owners who would be interested in this machine would be the ones who have gone through the complex precedure of using custom firmware on their psp, so they would have a good idea what to expect. Heres hoping anyway.

im a psp homebrew person but id like to see a handheld do more complext things. thats what im hoping for this =D

Well I got here through dcemus post about nulldc I think. For me this sounds like a perfect device, it got all the features I was missing from the PSP:

- Ability to play my xbox games via usb video-in (hopefully this works)
- 2 Analog-Nubs for my selfmade games
- USB Host for dancepad (StepMania), keyboard (GTA) and mouse (All kinds of shooters)
- Shaders and non-fixed rendering pipeline
- ARM Architecture (I wrote for the DS before and I like it :) )
- Inbuild video-out (yeh, the slim one sucks), I will defo exploit this one for cool things
- Complex videos
- Cheap memory cards
- Serial out etc. for easier debugging just like the PSP
- Inbuilt microphone for TeamSpeak

BaDToaD said:
OMG NO! We will need a Noob User forum for them or they will destroy the place :)
Oh, come on, they can't be that bad. :)

Birdeater said:
im a psp homebrew person but id like to see a handheld do more complext things. thats what im hoping for this =D
On the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back