I Am Not Canceling

skeezix said:
Na-Noo -- I try to be impartial about things, as I have been doing mobile development (professionally and as a hobby) for >10 years now
--- Snip ---
Sorry if you mis understood my post.
1. Meant, know how to sell it due to the good and well informed/balanced updates.
2. I was joking. :lol:

I should've said that instead of leaving it to the smilies!
Used car salesman was a reference to a previous little banter between Craig and Exo.

Edit:
In saying that, kinda glad you took it the wrong way, got that nice post in response, nothing didn't already know, but nice none the less to have it all in one post like that! ;)
Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Na-Noo -- my reply was actuallt to your question above about the "how did it perform.."; I got the other one :) It just took me too long to reply I think :) (ie: In light of the amazing flamewar that OC thread got, and peoples general ability to get weird (understandably) when going on about the panda, I thought I would be careful ;)

jeff

skeezix said:
Na-Noo -- my reply was actuallt to your question above about the "how did it perform.."; I got the other one :) It just took me too long to reply I think :) (ie: In light of the amazing flamewar that OC thread got, and peoples general ability to get weird (understandably) when going on about the panda, I thought I would be careful ;)

jeff
Oh cool........

That was why I tried to phrase it as being stressed not OC'd haha.
And I know your usually pretty careful how you reply, so thought it would be ok and not end up going down that OC flamewar route. :D

Anyway glad you understood my initial post, and it was me that misunderstood your post :lol:

Alerino -- whats your order number?

<sorry, couldn't resist. Naturally, I wll obtain all your order #'s and built into the firmware that if you ever let it find out what yours is, it will lock your clock to 14mhz, muahuahua>

You want to see Sensible Soccor on Pandora? Do ya? WC2? Sindicate? /me brings the pain!

jeff

I live poor as hell and $330 is a LOT of money, and I'm unemployed at the moment (aside from little side projects that make a little here and there), but I'd rather leave my $$ where it is until the Pandora gets here. The years of entertainment and usefulness this device will give me far outweighs the temporary easier living and gas money the $330 would bring. I'd rather walk or take the bus looking for work, then sit here one day reading about everyone having fun with their Pandora's and knowing I could've had one.

It's the little things that make life worthwhile.

As always Skeezix, informative and insightful read.

I must admit that my patience is really starting to wear thin. I usually consider myself to be a man of near infinite patience, but this project taxes my limits. I've come pretty close to canceling my order several times over the past two years, but I keep hanging in there. If it weren't for Skeezix, EvilDragon, and a few others' soothing words I probably would've been long gone.

I told my wife that unless there's some solid evidence that my Pandora is getting shipped sometime in April, I'd probably cancel my order, forget about the Pandora for a year or two, and get one later. Just to cool down from all this madness. I most likely will not follow through with that plan, though. My wife will not be happy when I don't stick to my word, but she's got a Acer Aspire One to keep her placated for now. :)

What kills me is, the Pandora was supposed to be my big excuse for really buckling down and doing some real heavy programming. With the "two months" thing, I kept putting it off. Now I feel like I've really wasted a year and half - waiting. I don't have anything to feel proud about. I'm sure those feelings of remorse will pass once I have the Pandora, but I definitely won't look upon the time from pre-order to delivery with the same fondness that some of the other people around here will.

To answer the OP, I won't cancel, as much as I'd like to sometimes. I'm addicted to the idea of the Pandora, and I'd rather die than miss out on being a "First Batch" owner. Even if something else came along that was "just as good" I'd be hard pressed to decide to leave this scene.

I had a nightmare I canceled my order once. Woke up in a pool of sweat... Pretty sure it was sweat...

I admit I actually briefly pondered canceling my order, once. But I know full well that I would end up re-ordering it once people started receiving theirs.

It's simply a "must have".

I haven't yet ordered, and I am thus incapable of cancellation. :p

Jourdy288 said:
You haven't ordered yet?

WHAT'S YOUR ORDER NUMBER?!?!

WizardStan said:
Jourdy288 said:
You haven't ordered yet?

WHAT'S YOUR ORDER NUMBER?!?!
divide-by-zero.jpg

Attachments

• divide-by-zero.jpg
    divide-by-zero.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 72
Jourdy288 said:

:eek:

First mali and now you! Today I'm finding out all these people who frequent the boards haven't ordered! :blink:

wermy said:
Jourdy288 said:

First mali and now you! Today I'm finding out all these people who frequent the boards haven't ordered! :blink:
Don't worry, I'm saving for one.

wermy said:

They are known as Pandora Groupies. When you get yours they'll follow you around. Offering to touch your screen, buff your keyboard and tweak your nubs ;)

Beholder said:
I had a nightmare I canceled my order once. Woke up in a pool of sweat... Pretty sure it was sweat...
I'm beginning to get worried that I have not had a Pandora dream yet. I'm going to a 500g block of cheddar tonight and hope that works.

Cancel? Me? Not on your Nellie.

Edit: And no-one, but no-one touches my nubs.

BaDToaD said:
wermy said:

They are known as Pandora Groupies. When you get yours they'll follow you around. Offering to touch your screen, buff your keyboard and tweak your nubs ;)
If they were women,they could tweak my nubs.otherwise these groupies scare me.....

Back