I Don't Want Pandora Anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

idjit626

I saw the EEE PC 900 with its 20GB SSD and 8.9" screen and now I want that! It is only 200 more and you can put XP on it!

Whats wrong with me?

PS:I have never been a fan of Linux. Never even bothered to try it, I be leave in "you get what you pay for".

well wat do u want, a pc, or an open sorce handheld, there 2 quiet different machines dude

How can you not be fan of something you haven't tried. 2ndly this is a community based project. go take your crappy handheld computer, but dont try to put down what this project stands for.

Viking said:
PS:I have never been a fan of Linux. Never even bothered to try it, I be leave in "you get what you pay for".

If you've never bothered to try something, you're not supposed to call yourself "not a fan". You're supposed to call yourself "ignorant". :rolleyes:

But onto the main question, sure, get an EEE if you want. Nobody's stopping you. You're an adult (or will be one soon enough), so you're quite free to make your own choices... there's nothing "wrong" with you for wanting one, it's also an excellent device for certain needs.

@Spadoof: Don't put words in the mouth of those you don't agree with that they didn't say...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is a bit crude but here is a size comparison with the EEE!

The Pandora is *NOT* another EEE!
size_comparison3s.jpg

Viking said:
Whats wrong with me?
You want Windows. You can't spell. You think that because someone offers you something for free that it is worthless. Or should I say you "be leave" that. You think that a laptop is the same as a gaming console.

Linux is a gift. Because something is a gift doesn't mean it is worthless. It just means that the person giving it away paid the cost instead of you. The people who develop Linux paid the price for you to have it. They paid with their time, talent, frustration, hard work, and skill. If you don't think that has value, I highly pity you.

If someone offer to buy that Asus Eee PC for you, would you still "Be leave" that "you get what you pay for"? Would the Eee PC suddenly become worthless to you?

I have nothing against the Eee PC. I think it's a fine machine, and have often thought about getting one myself. But don't think that it's somehow the same as the Pandora. How many analog sticks are on the Eee? How many shoulder buttons? What about the direction pad? The touchscreen? Hmmmmm?

If you really think you get what you pay for, you should buy a MacBook Air with the SSD HD. $4000 is a lot of money, so it must be better than the Eee PC. And, it's "UltraPortable" too, right? And it can run XP. Yeah, you should get a MacBook Air. Actually, get one that's Gold Plated. I'm sure that makes it play games better.

More likely, "you get what you deserve".

The eee pc is very nice, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it, friend bought one in Taiwan last Friday, I spent an entire lunch beating on it. Very, very nice for a laptop replacement, the keyboard is just barely big enough to touch type without cramping, sweet if it had a touchscreen instead of a touchpad but it doesn't and as a device to play games on it just sucked. Played tux racer and some others that came with for 3 minutes and was ready to skip it across the street. Get whatever best suits your requirements, if all you need is a laptop the eee will serve you well. Wait a month and get the new one with ram, two finger touchpad and more disk for only $250 more.

chad78 said:
Viking said:
Whats wrong with me?
You want Windows. You can't spell. You think that because someone offers you something for free that it is worthless. Or should I say you "be leave" that. You think that a laptop is the same as a gaming console.

Linux is a gift. Because something is a gift doesn't mean it is worthless. It just means that the person giving it away paid the cost instead of you. The people who develop Linux paid the price for you to have it. They paid with their time, talent, frustration, hard work, and skill. If you don't think that has value, I highly pity you.

If someone offer to buy that Asus Eee PC for you, would you still "Be leave" that "you get what you pay for"? Would the Eee PC suddenly become worthless to you?

I have nothing against the Eee PC. I think it's a fine machine, and have often thought about getting one myself. But don't think that it's somehow the same as the Pandora. How many analog sticks are on the Eee? How many shoulder buttons? What about the direction pad? The touchscreen? Hmmmmm?

If you really think you get what you pay for, you should buy a MacBook Air with the SSD HD. $4000 is a lot of money, so it must be better than the Eee PC. And, it's "UltraPortable" too, right? And it can run XP. Yeah, you should get a MacBook Air. Actually, get one that's Gold Plated. I'm sure that makes it play games better.

Yeah you tell him chad <_<

Viking said:
I saw the EEE PC 900 with its 20GB SSD and 8.9" screen and now I want that! It is only 200 more and you can put XP on it!

Whats wrong with me?

K THNX BYE :)

Seriously though, look at Craig's picture and the highlighted portion of your post. Obviously two very different applications and price points.

The EEE could be used for portable programming. It's also probably better for note taking.

But the battery life...ugh...

I'm tempted by the EEE, to...but I don't actually need it.

The new EEEPc's aint bad, but they aint hot either. Well, not if you are looking for what the Pandora will offer.

Does the EEEPC have gaming controls?

Yes, if you plug a controller into it.

Does the Pandora?

Yes.

Does the EEEPC fit in your pocket?

No, unless you are really fat, or have uber huge pockets.

Does the Pandora?

Yes.

The real question is, do you want to use Windows?

Me, no. I don't care what OS my system runs as long as it works.

I'm sure that you wouldn't even know that you are running Linux on the Pandora, NTL and Telewest and Web TV all used a Linux based kernel in their embedded devices, some phones do too, You prolly have used a Linux powered device. That is, unless you want to digg about, thats the only way to know.

Enjoy yer eeepc, its just a sub-laptop, though.

Kramy said:
The EEE could be used for portable programming. It's also probably better for note taking.
Yes, it depends exactly on what you want. No point buying an eee if you want play games and mp3 on a compact device (the eee is a bit big for that, and has abymal battery life). No point buying a Pandora if you want to run Microsoft Office (but you could probably run a free version and open the same files through some kind of converter)

SHUN THE UNBELIEVERS, SHUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!

I wanted one too at first, but when the Pandora came out, I was like, "Screw this, I'm getting a Pandora!!

Kramy said:

unless someone ports abiword :)

I've given up on Pandora too. I think I'm going to buy a 1200 watt strip heater instead. Or, maybe an edge trimmer. If Pandora gets three blade attachments and an auto-choke, maybe I'll reconsider.

The opposite is true for me. The moment I learned about the Pandora I stopped caring about the EEE PC. But to each his own, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back