I Don't Want Pandora Anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy both an EEE and a Pandora. They are both relatively cheap when you look at what you get and can do with them. I'm considering an EEE 8.9" Touchscreen with XP in Galactic Black with the new Atom myself. The Pandora will be my dedicated gaming device so I don't need dual core in a laptop. June can't come fast enough for me. :unsure: :rolleyes: :unsure:

rmm21 said:
Buy both an EEE and a Pandora. They are both relatively cheap when you look at what you get and can do with them. I'm considering an EEE 8.9" Touchscreen with XP in Galactic Black with the new Atom myself. The Pandora will be my dedicated gaming device so I don't need dual core in a laptop. June can't come fast enough for me. :unsure: :rolleyes: :unsure:
Pretty much my thinking too.

I definitely want the Pandora. I don't currently have a laptop and plan to get one in the summer. I like small and light, so the eeepc is under consideration (i.e. Atom based 900) and I'm also watching Dell closely too. But if the Pandora turns out as good as it seems, I may just get an inexpensive 15" laptop for the house and use the Pandy as my mobile computing device.

Last edited by a moderator:
c'mon guys, this is a joke, right? nobody really believes that. the entire post was designed to seem as ignorant as possible. right? please tell me this was a joke. I think i'm losing what little faith in humanity I had.

Look, let's not get into an OS fight. We all have to accept that each OS has its positives and negatives whether we like it or not, and move on.

I agree (almost) completely with you, I however reserve the right to flame anyone using vista without valid reason.

One of my fellow comrades showed me alive sample of eeepc.
I tried to launch Operation Flashpoint and it worked nicely!
I saw how flawless is Unreal Tournament running on it(Q3 also).
It means EEEPC even can run Drakan, Deus Ex and C&C:Renegade 8-D
For me it has more gaming/homebrew potential than pandora.
Since no one saw a real working pandora yet, and every 3 seconds one eeepc is sold...

Anyway, hail Ali-"Craigx"-Baba and his 3000+ loosers

Having this pandora is enogh for me :)

Gruso said:
You're a strange person.
... to say the least.

On topic though, the EEE surely does have its appeal, but no mass-market computer can compete with scene devices be it a one originating out of the scene (GP32, GP2X) or in it (Pandora). I myself can't wait to try what it is going to offer and especially looking forward to the daily anticipation of what people have been able to create for it. And to be part of the process: develop, enjoy others' work and share the experiences here. This, in my eyes, is quite different from what you expect from a PC, be it an EEE or a laptop. I may end up getting a laptop too, but thats another story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'm kinda hoping that come Pandora, I'll be able to justify selling my laptop.

That said, my laptop is an old Travelmate 240... it's very heavy, and old Celeron based, and, consequently, has a tendency to be frustratingly slow, even for simple-ish things. Sigh. It does run Longest Journey, though, which I don't believe Pandora will :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back