I Got It!

joshwaan2k said:
Screen is wicked. one problem seen so far screen has a bright green pixel on the right hand side. bright green so it's really annoying.
The fact that it's green and not white may be a good sign.
It might be a stuck sub-pixel, and possibly fixable.

There's apparently a bunch of stuff you can try, from rubbing & tapping the pixel (that may be more or less effective on a touchscreen, I don't know), to flashing the pixels rapidly (try JScreenFix if any of the Pandora browsers support Java).

Last edited by a moderator:
Kagato said:
joshwaan2k said:
Screen is wicked. one problem seen so far screen has a bright green pixel on the right hand side. bright green so it's really annoying.

There's apparently a bunch of stuff you can try, from rubbing & tapping the pixel (that may be more or less effective on a touchscreen, I don't know), to flashing the pixels rapidly (try JScreenFix if any of the Pandora browsers support Java).

He's quite right. A colored frozen pixel is often "stuck" and can possibly fix itself or be fixed with certain screen therapy-ish techniques. White usually means a "hot" pixel, which is typically permanent, and black of course is literally a "dead" pixel, which is also typically a permanent issue.

You can try one of those animations/videos that goes through colors quickly. It is thought that the rapid changes to neighboring pixels can unfreeze that one.

Thanks for the replys guys :)

Kagato I'll give that a go, if not see if the guys at OP can help me out once they get sometime. Not going to bother them right now when they have so much on. You guys need your pandora's also :)

Line O'Sevens I just got the msg to say it been shipped did not get a UPS tracker number and here we are today I received it very happy :)

I'll post a pic of it soon just can't get over how good the screen is and the controls :)

Kagato said:
joshwaan2k said:

I tried those things with my laptop and it ended up turning my stuck pixel into a dead pixel, so I gave up on doing that and just leave the one on my monitor to sit there.

-God Ginrai

One Pandora arrived in Brazil today!

Still learning how to use it, it doesn't seem to like to be turned off, after so long waiting it is eager to be used!

Hitnrun said:
Woo! Congratulations!
I have to ask, because I'm very curious: how much did customs/brokerage/duty cost you when it entered the country?

Hitnrun said:
Still learning how to use it, it doesn't seem to like to be turned off, after so long waiting it is eager to be used!
You are trying to turn it off while it is plugged in? This is normal. If you unplug it and turn it off, it should stay off. The reason is that the charging circuit needs to be controlled, and the only way to do that right now is by rebooting. A software fix should be possible, but it's a very low priority right now.

WizardStan said:
Hitnrun said:
Woo! Congratulations!
I have to ask, because I'm very curious: how much did customs/brokerage/duty cost you when it entered the country?

Hitnrun said:
You are trying to turn it off while it is plugged in? This is normal. If you unplug it and turn it off, it should stay off. The reason is that the charging circuit needs to be controlled, and the only way to do that right now is by rebooting. A software fix should be possible, but it's a very low priority right now.

I got lucky and customs didn't touch my package :) So I needn't pay the brazilian 60% customs taxes.

And yes I already learned about the not-turning-off-while-plugged!

@Hitnrun - can you vote please:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54432-got-your-pandora-tell-us-your-order-date/

to tell use when you had ordered it.

Back