I Got It!

craigix said:
We have two types of adapter. Both are 'real' PSUs (ie not cheap fake ones, both have CE) which you get usually depends on where you are.

Interestingly the USA one is slightly better quality than the UK (powerpax) one for keeping a stable supply even when the Pandora is demanding max power, but they both work great overall. The Powerpax one has the advantage of the figure 8.

I'd just like to say once more - DO NOT use fake PSP power supplies with the Pandora. Either use your Pandora one or a real PSP one.

Glad u mentioned that ...so probably not a good idea to use unofficial 3rd party power supply from GAME ..... in case the pandora goes boom :)

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Interestingly the USA one is slightly better quality than the UK (powerpax) one for keeping a stable supply even when the Pandora is demanding max power, but they both work great overall. The Powerpax one has the advantage of the figure 8.
So what makes the USA one the USA one? Looks like VRAndy got an adapter with his, making it still a UK plug but with an adapter.

WizardStan said:
craigix said:
So what makes the USA one the USA one? Looks like VRAndy got an adapter with his, making it still a UK plug but with an adapter.
It's probably designed for 120V @ 60Hz. The european standard is 230V @ 50Hz, even if the plug differs between some countries.

Hi guys ,i got in really late last night and went to bed as i was drained from 7 hours of driving ,i will let you all know how i got on at the factory tonight and my thoughts on the Pandora.

cheers

Paddy

craigix said:
We have two types of adapter. Both are 'real' PSUs (ie not cheap fake ones, both have CE) which you get usually depends on where you are.

I'd just like to say once more - DO NOT use fake PSP power supplies with the Pandora. Either use your Pandora one or a real PSP one.

hum maybe you could add this functionality to the pandora charger... since we lack "Mr fusion" we could use that...

ESBdontopen.jpg

paddy said:
Hi guys ,i got in really late last night and went to bed as i was drained from 7 hours of driving ,i will let you all know how i got on at the factory tonight and my thoughts on the Pandora.

Wheee! :)

teppic said:
It's probably designed for 120V @ 60Hz. The european standard is 230V @ 50Hz, even if the plug differs between some countries.
That would most certainly be at odds with what we were told, that we would be getting a smart charger that could handle 110-230V @ 50/60hz entirely automatically.
It also wouldn't make any sense: if it takes North American power, why would it have a European plug and require an adapter?

I could easily say that this is me but it is someone else on a dutch forum I frequent

http://punnik.nl/pandora/P5280407_resize.JPG (see my username :p on the screen)and he has 2 :eek:

I just thought of a doom scenario that they put me on the end of the list because I ordered a tv-out cable in december 2009. Adding something to your order doesnt change your place in the list does it?

Bosbeetle said:
I just thought of a doom scenario that they put me on the end of the list because I ordered a tv-out cable in december 2009. Adding something to your order doesnt change your place in the list does it?
No way that could be the case, if it was they should have made that clear.
I just can't see it :huh:

Bosbeetle said:
We've been told repeatedly that this is not the case.

Edit: Na-Nooja'd

Bosbeetle said:

They've said it wouldn't, and as they've only sold 500 of the 10,000 tv-out cables they are shipping without the cables anyway, until they can afford to buy the cables and ship them out later.

I don't know how much later. Probably two months....

Vorporeal said:
Yeah, I just saw that someone OCed to 800 MHz to run OoT.
What you didn't see in that video was the small rip that opened in time and space from playing that game on an overclocked Pandora. The reason OCing voids the warranty is because you're taking the Pandora on a journey where mortals do not belong :lol:

Overclocking doesn't void the warranty, over-volting does. If he can get to 800mhz on the same voltage its fine.

greendots said:
Overclocking doesn't void the warranty, over-volting does.

That's because there's a series of resistors right behind the battery that lead to a miniaturized flux capacitor.

Got mine today very very impressed. First Aussie to have one I think very proud owner :) .

Screen is wicked. one problem seen so far screen has a bright green pixel on the right hand side. bright green so it's really annoying.

Units controls feel wicked. Touch screen works very well. Keyboards heaps better then I thought it would be :)

Pics to come later.

Overall best handheld I've used to date very happy well done OP team :)

Back