I met this bird from London...

Rushing into a serious relationship is one thing, but taking in someone from another country is not smart. Chances are if she's so willing to move so suddenly her situation at home isn't good and she needs someone to help. She can have the best intentions in the world but circumstances like this are going to skew someone's feelings regardless of how sincere they are. And there's such a huge risk for damage if this doesn't work, if you're stranded in another country..

True. But if she's Sony his age I think she can handle.

At least meet her in person before migrating her to a different country. Maybe a visit to her place for a week can give some insight in how things might work out?

If it does you can help her pack and bring her + stuff with you.

Well, she lives in London, anyway...

I met her online 3 days ago and she seems to really like me, as in she's willing to relocate to Melbourne, Australia if I give her the word.

I've got a good feeling about this one and it might go all the way to marriage...

*fingers crossed*
 I don't want to piss on your bonfire but have a think about the following questions :

1) Have you ever met a girl before and after 3 days thought, 'this could go to marriage'? - How did that work out?

2) Who would be paying for her flight to Australia?

3) How much time have you actually spent in direct conversation?

4) Will she make me sell my collection of consoles to fund her extravagant lifestyle?

EDIT :

5) Has a sudden and unexpected event occurred involving an immediate member of her family that would require you to send a bit of money to sort out?

If you give long and serious thought to the whole thing, still feel the same way, and she is paying for the flight* then I'd say go for it.

* This to me would indicate the feelings are mutual.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you give long and serious thought to the whole thing, still feel the same way, and she is paying for the flight* then I'd say go for it.

* This to me would indicate the feelings are mutual.
I say don't do it unless one of the following is true:

1) She is not desperate to leave and can afford both a ticket there and a ticket back and won't be burning down the possibility of the latter if things don't work out

2) She's willing to move there and start her life as an independent person first, not relying on SONY but making it on her own, and go out with him like a normal person.

all I can say:

if she wants to take advantage of you:

Just take advantage of her, sex away will be good. =)

and gogogo to the next girl. 

or

if she want stay with you because she like/love:

Great, love away will be good. =)

Just fight for the all work fine.

Just stay ready for the 2 situation and enjoy the moment.

Let's go boy, show who you are =)

Don't know if your serious SONY, but anyway it definately sounds like a Nigerian scam.  Next she will ask for cash to come over.  

Perhaps you should ask her if she is her dads favorite son.  Might catch the guy napping and they will come back with yes.

You could try the direct route.  You know, ask if her name is momboodo and if she has a penis  :p  

IN all seriousness though, I hope something works out for you soon.

It's not ripping... It's genuine concern and advice towards a friend we would rather not see getting hurt again.

From what little we know about the situation, and based purely on the facts we've been given... It would be cruel and heartless of us *not* to voice our various concerns.

Oh SO THIS IS NOT RIPPING , even if only a tiny bit ?
Love scams happen, that's a sad reality (I remember hearing from somewhere that they're a lot more popular and successful than greed based scams). Some of the scammers are very good at it too, and can fool even reasonably intelligent people.

Not saying that's what this is, especially without really knowing any details, but it doesn't hurt to be cautious here.

It's one of the biggest Nigerian scams to pretend to be a woman and then supposedly fall for someone.  The next step in the scam is the request for money.   This exact scam is on the news several times a year . You know ,  where someone  believes it and sends the person half their life savings only to find out that its a Nigerian scamster.

By the way, my previous post was not ripping into SONY in the slightest.  Just expressing my concern .

Well considering SONY hasn't posted back since the 18th it means either

A : he was joking ( come on we all know SONY ) .

B : he was being sincere and realized that it was random to post it here .

C: He doesn't care about this thread anymore .

Well considering SONY hasn't posted back since the 18th it means either

A : he was joking ( come on we all know SONY ) .

B : he was being sincere and realized that it was random to post it here .

C: He doesn't care about this thread anymore .
D: He has other things to do (perhaps talking to his new love interest) and you enjoy jumping to conclusions.

Also he last posted in this thread on what would be the 20th in your time zone, not even two days ago..

Yes , jumping to conclusions is indeed deemed enjoyable by me - the second most important person in the world .

What exactly did I do ?

IM SERIOUS WTF DID I DO ?!?!

Sorry I don't know when to quit .

Talk about online dating partners, wouldn't they be always a bit wider than you think? Which is like driving a van. :(

All the luck in the world to you, my Aussie brother.  ;)

guys, wtf all that stress? after all, a whorehouse will always heal a broken heart. =)

just talk: "Good luck and be careful".

this is all he need.

one more time: Good luck big boy =)

MarTinazzI

I live here and I know a few people that have sodded off to live in Oz

She might be looking to meet an Oz guy like Sony and have a child, in order to get dual nubs, I mean, dual citizenship.

I've heard of stories like this that end in love and some that end in shallow graves,

yes there are wrong uns but also some adventurous people.

just have to play it careful Sony eh, hope you at least have fun if she is real and comes out there.... perhaps she is just sick of the snow we've got here at the moment?

dont be Western Union'ing her flight monies though eh ;)

Back