If You Had To Choose Between Headphone Port And Volume Slider

If you had to choose one

• Dedicated headphone port

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume slider/wheel instead of digital controls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nubie said:
What this is about is the lack of space, and the lack of a 10mm slider volume pot or a Headphones + Mic + Video + UART port that could have an integrated 3.5mm jack.

If we go with an EXT port and a Headphones jack, then there won't be room for the volume slider. The other option is put the headphones on the EXT port and always have to use the proprietary adaptor for headphones. The Audio would be two digital buttons then.

Frogboy's hypothesis is that we may have to choose between them.
Well at least one person gets it. Thanks for having my back nubie. Plus however many you want. :)

I'll make sure that I'm painfully obvious in the future. Let me reitterate. If You Had To Choose Between Headphone Port And Volume Slider (or wheel)[/i] because both will not fit in the hardware design, which one would you rather have?

Last edited by a moderator:
Frogboy said:
nubie said:
What this is about is the lack of space, and the lack of a 10mm slider volume pot or a Headphones + Mic + Video + UART port that could have an integrated 3.5mm jack.

If we go with an EXT port and a Headphones jack, then there won't be room for the volume slider. The other option is put the headphones on the EXT port and always have to use the proprietary adaptor for headphones. The Audio would be two digital buttons then.

Well at least one person gets it. Thanks for having my back nubie. Plus however many you want. :)

I'll make sure that I'm painfully obvious in the future. Let me reitterate. If You Had To Choose Between Headphone Port And Volume Slider (or wheel)[/i] because both will not fit in the hardware design, which one would you rather have?

Like I said, it IS pointless, because the space problems are different for each one. The Headphone port is a matter of length, while the slider is a matter of either width or depth.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Frogboy said:
nubie said:

Like I said, it IS pointless, because the space problems are different for each one. The Headphone port is a matter of length, while the slider is a matter of either width or depth.

-God Ginrai

Sorry, I've never designed a handheld gaming system before. If there is no way that this could happen then fine, this question is invalid then. I just thought that there might be a reason tha Craig was asking us if we could do without a dedicated headphone jack when he probably figured that we wouldn't like the idea. They haven't tried to cut any corners so far so I thought maybe, just maybe, they are running out of room. My bad.

MWeston said:
Yeah, this is all nonsense! See the other threads on this stuff. I am going to post some replies there.
Oh no, now look what you guys have done. MWeston is going to sabatoge my Pandora now or send me a box with a phone book or some candy corn in it or something. :D

Zarneth said:
I can sorta see the point in this poll. But It still kinda strikes me as premature and frivolous.
Premature? Yeah, definitely. That's why it was a hypothetical question. Maybe MWeston can let us know that there is enough room for both, then the dedicated headphone jack and either the slider or wheel can be added and we can kill this thread.

Man, you guys are brutal. I think that I'd have gotten a more posative reaction if I'd had started a new thread and just said "Al Qaeda Rules!"

Frogboy said:
Oh no, now look what you guys have done. MWeston is going to sabatoge my Pandora now or send me a box with a phone book or some candy corn in it or something. :D
A lump of coal. ;)

Man, you guys are brutal. I think that I'd have gotten a more posative reaction if I'd had started a new thread and just said "Al Qaeda Rules!"
It's sad fact of life that no one ever listens to anything anyone sais unless they have something nasty to reply with. :huh:

I swear this forum is stuck in an infinite loop. :p

Frogboy said:
Anything that goes against an aspect of the Pandora = Instant flame war.

I see this same thing on the Steam forums. Although I myself do stand up for Steam/Valve quite a bit on the forums.

Frogboy said:
Naw, at that point we'd passively wonder what the real story is on your sanity. :)

Back