It Is Now Time...

user47alpha

Still Fresh
God damn it. It's now Tuesday, 16:30 in Shanghai.

It cannot be to complicated to tell us that the cases haven't shipped.
We can handle it (cause we're used to it). So stop treating us like little children.

As an adult I'd start such a thread maybe like this:

"Dear Open Pandora Team, I've heard that Fatih is supposed to be informed if the latest cases have been shipped. Have you heard something from him, yet?
Thanks in advance, keep up the good work <insert smilie of choice here>"

Starting with "God damn it" or funny lllllloooooonnnnng wwwwwwoooooorrrrrrdddddssssss begs for treating people as children.

mali said:

"Dear Open Pandora Team, I've heard that Fatih is supposed to be informed if the latest cases have been shipped. Have you heard something from him, yet?
Thanks in advance, keep up the good work <insert smilie of choice here>"

Starting with "God damn it" or funny lllllloooooonnnnng wwwwwwoooooorrrrrrdddddssssss begs for treating people as children.
True, but everyone should also understand that people are waiting for this product a LONG, VERY LONG time, and delays keep coming.
I understand this guy is pissed off. Just see it as topic nr.100 with these posts, and hope that craig or ed will give us some updates about whatever:)

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
I understand this guy is pissed off.
It _is_ possible to be pissed off and write politely at the same time. It's called diplomacy ;)

I AMMMMMM A KIIIIIIDDDDDDD. At 18 i don't consider being an adult. Sick of people thinking they know more just because they're older. Get enough of that BS at work, don't want to put up with it on this forum, thanks. Anyway, anyone who's paid money can say what they want, we are customers. When you've paid money there is nothing wrong with nagging every now and again.

shunun said:
I AMMMMMM A KIIIIIIDDDDDDD. At 18 i don't consider being an adult. Sick of people thinking they know more just because they're older. Get enough of that BS at work, don't want to put up with it on this forum, thanks. Anyway, anyone who's paid money can say what they want, we are customers. When you've paid money there is nothing wrong with nagging every now and again.
You don't understand what I'm saying.
If you want an answer, be polite.

mali said:
[...]
If you want an answer, be polite.
I don't think that there is any need for formality. It's not the Open Pandoro Inc. and I am not asking for more ad hoc announcements.

And where was I inpolite? I am stressed and they can know this.
Also I don't think that I have to beg for information. They can't deliver a Pandora so they should deliver news. I think it is an 'obligation to deliver' for them, not an 'obligation to collect' for me.

I don't say they have to tell good news, I would be satisfied to hear that Faith hasn't heard anything.

shunun said:
I AMMMMMM A KIIIIIIDDDDDDD. At 18 i don't consider being an adult. Sick of people thinking they know more just because they're older. Get enough of that BS at work

Yeah - who the hell to adults think they are, assuming that having more experience means they know more? Idiots! I bet there are 9 year olds living out in the sticks who know TWICE what you do, eh? Youth is great, go youth!

Mali - I beleive the phrase is "you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". But it's not popular with people who don't have any honey :(

i think mali's trying to say that people take you more seriously and are more likely to respond when you answer politely and with some courtesy.

and these aren't official forums or anything. they just happen to be ones that the team goes on, so you're really just complaining to a bunch of guys on the internet fed up with threads like this.

His right. This company is getting away with to much excuses. I doubt they actually work on the Pandora cases as much as they say they do. I bet the first cases were a last minute job which is evident due to the many faults found. They should really start a project when they recieve it and finish it, rather than doing it whenever they feel like it because we're not worth the effort. I know this is only a few people but you shouldn't really be happy with these delays because it doesn't necessarily mean that they are making it perfect. Sure, they're taking their time but are they doing anything with it? The more delayed the Pandora gets shouldn't make anyone excited either because in time, it becomes less impressive. I know people like to stay positive but we need to be realistic about this. When the Chinese say its going to be done by Chinese new years, they actually mean that they haven't started yet, they need to buy some more time and its probaly going to be done after that unless they give us another date. I really doubt communication is the issue like debated before, becaue I believe any decent human being could understand that this should have been done along time ago. Its not like the Japanese word for 200 days is our word for 40 days. IMO this a case of disrespect, laziness, procrastination and lies.

shunun said:
lol, i dun think u could be more age-stereotypical.That's funny.

Xian Long said:
and these aren't official forums or anything. they just happen to be ones that the team goes on, so you're really just complaining to a bunch of guys on the internet fed up with threads like this.

Yeah well this forum is the best we have to voice our opinion, and when you've been waiting for 2 years we have every right to say what we think :) And it's about time people spoke out more without other's criticism.

Consequence9 said:
shunun said:
lol, i dun think u could be more age-stereotypical.That's funny.

Care to explain yourself?.. Because really I don't understand how I'm being stereotypical at all. I am being the complete opposite :huh:

shunun said:

Generally speaking, adults do know a hell of a lot more than kids, they have the advantage of many years worth of experience and knowledge. Also generally speaking, kids always believe that they know more than adults, it's called the arrogance of youth, which changes once you grow older and gain experience and hindsight.

Regardless of age, if you want to be considered someone's equal then you have to be respectful.

This kind of nagging has been done to death, and those of us that have been here long enough (ie:those with experience)are sicker of waiting than anyone, but we know that everything is being done that can be done. The team are working hard to get these things out, and no amount of bitching is going to make it happen any faster. We've been clearly told what's happening with the factory, I don't see what else there is to complain about.

Shaun. said:
His right. This company is getting away with to much excuses. I doubt they actually work on the Pandora cases as much as they say they do. I bet the first cases were a last minute job which is evident due to the many faults found. They should really start a project when they recieve it and finish it, rather than doing it whenever they feel like it because we're not worth the effort. I know this is only a few people but you shouldn't really be happy with these delays because it doesn't necessarily mean that they are making it perfect. Sure, they're taking their time but are they doing anything with it? The more delayed the Pandora gets shouldn't make anyone excited either because in time, it becomes less impressive. I know people like to stay positive but we need to be realistic about this. When the Chinese say its going to be done by Chinese new years, they actually mean that they haven't started yet, they need to buy some more time and its probaly going to be done after that unless they give us another date. I really doubt communication is the issue like debated before, becaue I believe any decent human being could understand that this should have been done along time ago. Its not like the Japanese word for 200 days is our word for 40 days. IMO this a case of disrespect, laziness, procrastination and lies.

+1

It's taboo to criticize though. You will only get the answer "You can always cancel your order". So there is no way you ever win against an argument like that.

Back