It reminds me of the Pandora!

I've tried vi, emacs, and geany. They're all great, I think I've settled on emacs for general editing, and geany for programming.

Reactions: rSl
There was a "Were's Wally" sort of thing also in the game "Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail!"... but I won't tell how it was called :cool:

@levi is Waldo some sort of terrible curse word in the UK??
The better question is, Is Wally some sort of terrible curse word in the US? As I understand it, Where's Wally is the original title and it was the US publishers who felt the need to change it to Waldo for US consumption for some bizarre reason. (Are they printed by Scholastic there? (It was Scholastic that felt the need to dumb down the title of the first Harry Potter book in the US (which seems somewhat ironic given the name of the publisher)))

-Neelix

So, US people are named considering their aspect ?! :confused:

New Mother: "Oh, look at this little thing !! He seems like a Robert !!"
New Father: "Yeah, but he also seems a little David to me"

Characters in fiction are named considering their personality and role all the time. You can't really do that in real life, because you don't know how this baby is going to turn out. But I wonder if your name actually affects your personality via the cultural perceptions of it.

But that's exactly how things go, right? We are blessed with 3 boys and my wife an i had to fight over all the names.

The weird thing is: we initially agreed on a girl's name in the matter of seconds.

Characters in fiction are named considering their personality and role all the time. You can't really do that in real life, because you don't know how this baby is going to turn out. But I wonder if your name actually affects your personality via the cultural perceptions of it.

it totally does!
they've done studies, you know.

if you are born in germany today and your name is kevin... oh boy...

Why not use a Numeric Name Thing (because I don’t know how „Schema“ is written in English)
If you got 3 boys and only had enough fantasie for one name, just use this one and then „Matthias 1, Matthias 2,...“

Some are just using they’re own name and put then a Junior behind..

Do whe have now something new about the Pandora 2 ??

Send from something, i guess ^^

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
it totally does!
they've done studies, you know.

if you are born in germany today and your name is kevin... oh boy...

Buck, Chuck comes to my mind on English speaking countries...

Actually quite used on fiction for creepy characters... :D

Why not use a Numeric Name Thing (because I don’t know how „Schema“ is written in English)
If you got 3 boys and only had enough fantasie for one name, just use this one and then „Matthias 1, Matthias 2,...“

He, that's how country people/farmers call their dogs/cows over here xD

Last edited:
In the UK, Wally is short for Walter, but also means (less offensively) fool or idiot but also a somewhat affectionate "silly person", insult, i.e "You messed that up, you big wally!"

A long time ago, in Boy Scouts Camp, whe were i think 3 Matthias, me and 2 others, so whe needed 3 diverent variations of Matze ^^ I was the "Urmatze" (the Original Matze) but i cant remember the nicknames of the 2 others, maybe the small and the middle?
It was a funny time..

This actually happened in the past, when the norm was to have like from 5 to 8 (and sometimes more) children.
There are still some old people here called "First", "Second", etc...

For example this is a famous character:

"Primo" = "First"

Back