July News?

Wait, I'm confused, didn't Craig say the new nubs were being moved down? And I'd love to see a picture of the AV port that will be included.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
didn't Craig say the new nubs were being moved down?
-God Ginrai
Guess that was before the "constructive negotiations with the nub manufacturer".

Last edited by a moderator:
Aki said:
God Ginrai said:
didn't Craig say the new nubs were being moved down?
-God Ginrai
Guess that was before the "constructive negotiations with the nub manufacturer".

I wonder if these "constructive negotiations" also included: "it much different from PSP analog. Heart Promise. <_<"[/poor attempt at Chinese poorly attempting English]

-God Ginrai

Well the nubs not moving down means a new case doesn't need to be manufactured, so that's a good thing, IMO. Anyways, thanks for the update! Though it looks like there's an awful lot of dev-related stuff going on in August; perhaps the August preorder is now September preorder, with an October release? :( *cringes* Please tell me I'm wrong! Either way, it'll be worth the wait. Looking forward to seeing that final unit!

God Ginrai said:
[/poor attempt at Chinese poorly attempting English]

-God Ginrai
I bet you'd pick up Chinese in a jiffy, or any other foreign language for that matter, hmm? :)

Chinese people (among others) make an especially high effort to learn English and along with it the Latin alphabet, so the least you can do is not make cheap stereotypical jokes on their expense, regardless of context.

Alex. said:
Chinese people (among others) make an especially high effort to learn English and along with it the Latin alphabet, so the least you can do is not make cheap stereotypical jokes on their expense, regardless of context.
Or you could make cheap stereotypical jokes at their expense, but then feel really, really bad about it later. :lol:

Alex. said:
God Ginrai said:
[/poor attempt at Chinese poorly attempting English]

-God Ginrai
I bet you'd pick up Chinese in a jiffy, or any other foreign language for that matter, hmm? :)

I made the stereotype joke to show my discontent with this "custom" nub that sounds like a PSP nub. I understand that English is a hard language to learn, and I think it is great that they're trying to do it. But that doesn't make me any happier about this nub.

btw, on the subject of learning foreign languages, depending on what languages you DO know, some become much easier to learn. For example, German is a lot easier to learn, having known English, than French or Spanish. (that is in my experience)

-God Ginrai

cherrycyanide said:
theres a new blog update.
You're late on the uptake. We've been talking about that blog post for the past page.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
I made the stereotype joke to show my discontent with this "custom" nub that sounds like a PSP nub.
Nope, it isn't the PSP nub. In fact it is a custom design made specifically for Pandora based on a technology this company has employed in other designs for years. It is a totally unique, one of a kind design (meaning no other device has this part and not that we invented the analog nub), and I hope everyone likes it. It moves around just the like PSP does, but it feels quite different. My comparison is that the PSP nub feels grainy. This nub feels smooth.

I like the fact that it has the 2mm movement instead of 1mm. But those metal ring nubs sure were sexy.

i guess those manufacturers didn't want to produce 2.5 mm nubs, eh?

oh well. 2mm is good too

I was also wondering about the official news

MWeston said:
God Ginrai said:
I made the stereotype joke to show my discontent with this "custom" nub that sounds like a PSP nub.
Nope, it isn't the PSP nub. In fact it is a custom design made specifically for Pandora based on a technology this company has employed in other designs for years. It is a totally unique, one of a kind design (meaning no other device has this part and not that we invented the analog nub), and I hope everyone likes it. It moves around just the like PSP does, but it feels quite different. My comparison is that the PSP nub feels grainy. This nub feels smooth.

Excellent! I would definately agree that the PSP's nub felt grainy. I hated the feel of it and was one of the main reasons i got rid of mine.

BTW, I take it that the selection of a USB OTG-looking AV port means that we will need an adapter for headphones? What think you?

a

aliking said:
BTW, I take it that the selection of a USB OTG-looking AV port means that we will need an adapter for headphones? What think you?

a
Doubtful.. There's still the normal audio out on the front. This port is just used for the TV-out etc. (as far as I'm aware). Same as the 2X :)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
aliking said:

a
Doubtful.. There's still the normal audio out on the front. This port is just used for the TV-out etc. (as far as I'm aware). Same as the 2X :)

That's not how it sounds. That's why I asked for a picture.

-God Ginrai

If you look at the older board picture..
thepile.jpg

..you can see that the audio jack is already attached and the AV port is also on with the older style AV port already hooked up.

I don't see any reason why changing the AV port would require modifying anything other than the back of the case design?
It's a bit too late in the game for board re-design, so chances are they went for a better AV port with the same pin-outs as the old one and haven't even touched the audio jack in the front.

You never know though :lol:

Back