JXD S7100

Anyone got a video of it in action ? wouldnt mind seeing what android games it can run shadowgun would be a good start.

Also, b_o_b's bit of news up there ^ scares the hell out of me.

why? I thought the consensus around here is that resistive is a superior technoogy? :p

sorry... don't answer that... I'll stop :D
It is. That's a fact. ;) However, it might not do so well with an OS designed around capacitive.
Maybe for pin point accuracy its better but capacitive is far superior for finger touch resistive is only good if you use a pointer all the time which i believe alot of people dont also you going to play touch games witha pointer? i think not.

Depends on the game. If the game has lots of objects to manipulate on screen at once, using a finger would be very difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
:facepalm:

oh god... what have I done :unsure:

*the sound of a thread derailing from it's tracks and crashing into a nearby village*

this device is so fantastic

the only shit is that it have no l and r triggers ;(

Can anyone make a movie showing quake 2 or modern combat 3 or gta 3 on s7100

is it possible to connect an xbox controller to it?

Big Thanks

no xbox unless you have a usb port... you can do bluetooth sixaxis possibly if you have root access and the bluetooth controller is compatible... there is an app in the android market "sixaxis controller" by dancing pixel ... has a companion free app that is just the compatiblility checker... it makes sure your controller is compatible and your bluetooth is compatible.

I have it running on my transformer now and it works just great for emulators... even allows mapping of keys to touchscreen which the iCP was said to do but don't know if it ever came about.

asking or telling?

if it has usb otg you still need android 3.x + for *native* controller support unless you hack it in (don't even ask me how to do that)

it's easier to port... same reason the pandora doesn't have 3.x linux kernel I guess. 2.x has been documented a bunch, 3.x isnt open sourced, and 4.x just came out within the last 6 months or so and only a very small amount of devices run it.

2.2 still works for hardware controls but 3.x was for tablets and were the first devices to have usb otg... so there really wasn't a need for it before 3.x

sorry kinda a long explination, but yea that's why

ah i dont know that linux kernel 3.x isnt open source

hm i wait for the next gaming tablet :D

no linux kernel 3.x is open

android 4.x (ice cream sandwich) is open sourced

andorid 3.x (honeycomb) isn't open sourced

android 2.x (froyo 2.2 & gingerbread 2.3) are open sourced and can be modified to run usb otg because it's open sourced but along with hacking in otg support you would also have to hack in drivers for usb controllers like the xbox

it's possible to do, but I just have no idea how to do it

the reason I suggest the sixaxis controller (and the need for root access) is because that program patches the 2.x kernel ( the bluetooth stack specifically) to add sixaxis drivers and other changes to allow controller support for it to work

and just an aditional point of trivial knowledge, android 4.x (ice cream sandwich) was the first android OS to use the linux 3.0 kernel (confusing I know) but it does include xbox controller drivers natively as does android 3.x but is moot because you can't port it anyway

further reading ( look under version 3.1)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

hm thank you mutch for answer :)

thats a awesome android tablet,

but i look for an android tablet with android 4.0 (or android 2.3 with the special drivers ;) )

the best tablet will be the ps vita with android :lol:

(sorry for my bad english)

24 hours to go!!!

downc.gif

Back