KAMI RETRO (1GHz launching problem)

Rockthesmurf

Advanced Member
Website
Visit site
So, on the repository, there are a few comments that KAMI RETRO doesn't launch on certain devices; is there any developer type person who has this issue? It would good to get more information; find out if it is crashing, or simply closing, find out if there is any logging information, etc. I could potentially make a debug build that logs any failure on initialisation, but I would need someone to work with who can recreate this problem in order to solve it.

Can anyone help?

As I understand it, it is not about launching the app, but that the Kami's are very often not responding to the 'launching swipe'. I may be just inept, but I'd rather believe I'm suffering from this problem :)

Ah, yes, reading carefully there was suggestion it was related to GFX drivers, so I assumed it was a crash or something serious, but after reading again I think the comments are just guessing at the problem really. There was another thread about the input problem, I am going to check where that ended up at now (I seem to recall making an update with a hopeful fix, but also recall ED making a video that showed something afoot).

Seems the latest was I put down a new version, ED tried it and stated:

Just made a quick test:
Seems to indeed have fixed the issue.
Whatever bug it was, it must've been something you fixed at some time
Which seemed promising, but them sswam, noted:

Yes, something is still not right.  It's still a billion times easier on my non-1GHz Pandora - I can use my finger instead of stylus, and the stroke can be anywhere within about 1.5cm on the KAMI - extreme accuracy is not required.
Something is definitely still wrong with the "jump" moves, for some but not all Pandoras...!
Or maybe it depends on the firmware version?
And sswam is also the user that has logged issues on the repo comment system regarding this. I don't think I ever got any further than this. It was confirmed not to be an issue with old/new batch screens, there are users on all three different model Pandora's who can play the game without any problems. I know there used to be an issue on much older firmware which notaz kindly tracked down. I guess there isn't much more I can do at the moment sadly.

Oh, right, forgot about the last version... didn't have time to play since then :(

Too much work :(

Hey ED, I think from the previous thread you did test the latest version, and reported it worked 'Seems to indeed have fixed the issue'. The quoting in my post above didn't quite format right.

Back