Release LibreOffice for Pandora

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here you can Find LibreOffice compiled for the OpenPandora

This first build has only English language. All LibreOffice applications are include.

preview1.png

History log
========

Build 10
-------------

• Update to 5.3.2.1
Build 09
-------------

• Repacked to make Calc launch
Build 08
-------------

• Updated to 5.1 beta
Build 07
-------------
  • Brand new Build !
  • Updated to 5.0 alpha (formely 4.5)
  • Added back JAVA.
  • Warning, first start can be a bit long.
Build 06
-------------
  • Brand new Build !
  • Updated to 4.5 alpha
  • Removed JAVA.
Build 05
-------------
  • Brand new Build !
  • JAVA support added (you may need to give the folder of the JRE in Option|advanced)
  • Support for downscale UI (go to Options|View and put 80% for more things in the screen)
  • Reduced StatusBar size so they fit in the screen
  • Special Version: Let's celebrate 1 year of http://pandoralive.info
Build 04
-------------
  • Added file associations.
  • Improved (or not?) splash bitmap. At least progress bar is shown.
Build 03
-------------
  • Fixed Graphs from not showing
  • Spell-checking works.
  • Others little fixes to packaging.
  • Added "fi" language for the GUI.
Build 02
-------------
  • Added some languages for the GUI ( this list "en-US en-GB fr es it pt pt-BR de ja zh-CN zh-TW nl").
  • Still no dictionaries for Spelling.
Build 01
-------------
  • Initial build
  • Based on git source 4.1, mid-January
  • Only English language

Last edited:
Ohh, another alluring package from ptitSeb. B)

Just installed it. Looks really good and starts/run faster than I thought. LibreOffice rocks!

Thanks again. :)

PS: Regarding other languages. If you make a multi-language package, please also provide a smaller english-only package.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice!  Thank you.

Is there any way to make the toolbar icons smaller?   I looked through the options but have yet to find a way.

The standard GTK open/save dialogue boxes are taller than the screen on my pandora.   *makes mental note to look for a way to adjust that*   Selecting the "Use LibreOffice dialogs" option under Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> General, results in dialogue boxes that fit nicely on the screen.

Might I suggest adding additional 'Application' entries to the PXML so that individual applications can be launched directly?

- Neelix

Going to make some mean pivot tables if you understand my vernacular.. ;)

Opening an odt file does NOT cause it to crash like Abiword. Thank you. :)

Damn, Seb, you're unstoppable! Was hoping someone would have a crack at this.Only had a brief play, but seems pretty solid. I'll play around with the toolbars to see if some screen real estate can be clawed back.

Nice!

Very good :) You rock! Now the Pandora can be used for serious business.

Great.

How long does it take to compile ?

Hope it will run on Slackware ^^.

EDIT:

Argh, segfault

Code:
Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/libreoffice:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib/java/bin:/usr/lib/java/jre/bin:/usr/lib/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde3/lib/qt3/bin:/opt/kde3/bin:/usr/lib/qt/bin:/usr/share/texmf/bin:.
Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /mnt/utmp/libreoffice/lib:/mnt/utmp/libreoffice/lib:/usr/lib:/lib
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 519:  1915 Segmentation fault      "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (runscript.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 562:  1926 Segmentation fault      ofbset -fb /dev/fb1 -mem 0 -size 0 0 -en 0
[ FAILED]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
Great.

How long does it take to compile ?

Hope it will run on Slackware ^^.

EDIT:

Argh, segfault

Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/libreoffice:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib/java/bin:/usr/lib/java/jre/bin:/usr/lib/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde3/lib/qt3/bin:/opt/kde3/bin:/usr/lib/qt/bin:/usr/share/texmf/bin:.
Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /mnt/utmp/libreoffice/lib:/mnt/utmp/libreoffice/lib:/usr/lib:/lib
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 519: 1915 Segmentation fault "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (runscript.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 562: 1926 Segmentation fault ofbset -fb /dev/fb1 -mem 0 -size 0 0 -en 0
[ FAILED]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
I assume the same trick will have to be done so it work on Slackware... I'll try that, but that will not be easy, LibreOffice store every thing inside "lib"... But I will create a libs to put the "system" libs, and change the lauch script accordingly. Also, I have to alter "soffice", the launcher, to add the LD_LIBRARY_PATH export,

If you want to try rebuild the PND yourself, just remove the libs in the lib/ folder. Thoses are the ones I added. I think libstdc++ is the one causing segfault on slack, but I'm not sure.

It took 3 full days to compile, and many gigabytes ! A huge beast. I'm adding languages now. I hope it should be done quickly, so I'll repackage "compatible slackware" I hope for build 2.

I'll take a look.

So java was needed ?

I was still on stable versions, so maybe java is now wiped out from 4.X.

Fantastic news - once again well done ptitSeb! On the subject of supported languages: personally I am happy to work with the English-only version. Maybe language support could be split in order to reduce file size; e.g. package 1: en, de, nl; package 2 fr, it, sp, pt etc.

GREAT.

Why did I use 30 MB of my SD for PanDebian then?.

Go for Slackware as well :D .

I still like the idea of making a language pack installer PND, which dumps the language files for the language you want into appdata...

- Neelix

Repackaged, but i got a permission error.

What is your pnd making command ?

Mine is:

chown -R root:root ./pnd/
find ./pnd/ \
 \( -perm 777 -o -perm 775 -o -perm 711 -o -perm 555 -o -perm 511 \) \
 -exec chmod 755 {} \; -o \
 \( -perm 666 -o -perm 664 -o -perm 600 -o -perm 444 -o -perm 440 -o -perm 400 \) \
 -exec chmod 644 {} \;

pnd_make.sh -p libreoffice-slackware.pnd -d pnd/ -x pnd/PXML.xml -i pnd/icon.png

Back