pandy878.gif
#14 by evilwallpaper with 25 votes.

Fourth place:
11.jpg
#15 by Cauterize with 22 votes.

Fifth place:
p1-1.jpg
#23 by Eolair with 15 votes.

All other entries received less than 10 votes.

Due to issues with images not showing up for a couple days and a misnumbering incident, I suppose the results might be debatable. Tallying was further complicated by people who can't seem to control themselves when it comes to following simple rules. In any case, it's not like there is any actual prize. The final decision has always rested with the Pandora dev team.

Wait, wait, shouldn't we vote on just these now as finalists? The votes casted for the other logos will now have to fall amongst who likes what better, possibly creating a different outcome.

Oh, and congratulations to the winners for their fine work! :)

Lastly, I don't think the results are debatable. The mis-numbering and so on really didn't affect the votes. People would just say "the second 28" or whatever. Any mistakes that were online were only online during the first few days of its entire polling week.

javaJake said:
Wait, wait, shouldn't we vote on just these now as finalists?
I really don't think it is necessary. I went with the "pick three" method because it allows us to get an averaged answer. The top logo is the one that the most people think is "one of the best". A standard poll could only confuse things.

For example, say 50 people vote. Maybe 25 vote for A and 20 vote for B and 5 vote for C. A is the winer because 25 people think A is the best. But maybe of the 25 that voted for A, 15 think B is a close second and would be happy with it. Of the 25 that didn't vote for A, only 5 think it is an acceptable substitute. So there are actually 35 that would be happy with B and only 30 that would be happy with A. A standard poll does not account for this.

In any case, this is just an unofficial poll. No need to over think it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It must of been a bitch to have counted. I actually counted it myself to find out the answer (you got the same count as me, small differences though) but some of the posters made it quite difficult to count.

First does not look good enough IMO to be added to the actual system and nor do most of the others.

Is anyone else satisfied with the way things already look on the openpandora webpage?

I think are of them all good, but need some kind of details for avoiding to look generic. You may like them more or less, but Nintendo DS and PSP logos are very easy recognizable. Pandora logo needs it if wants some market awareness, I would like to know the opinion of someone that works on the marketing world but that's what I think as future customer and marketing victim :)

A thing I would add on the bottom is some kind of minimalistic (but very good looking) pictogram icons about the important functions of the system on the case logo (gaming, wifi, touch, multimedia, pda functions...).

I really dig the font and feeling of the winner but the logo eyeball thing on the left doesn't do it for me. What is it supposed to be? Perhaps if I understood it I could have a go at massaging it a little in the intended direction?

Wegg said:
I really dig the font and feeling of the winner but the logo eyeball thing on the left doesn't do it for me. What is it supposed to be? Perhaps if I understood it I could have a go at massaging it a little in the intended direction?
Only Eolair knows...:D
Well I prefer his other Font for the Logo (5. place) His first font look boring and not unique enough somehow. ^^""

Well, I hope that User-Made Logos have influence into the official and Final Logo. If it comes worse, the Devs decide to use their own Logo. :lol:

Blah said:
My favorite is the 5th place one. The outline shadow on the first place one makes no sense at all.
:ph34r: Ever heard of a reflection? :)

Judging from those who have commented on the results, it would seem that the results need reversing!

Then again, if No.5 (or if any of these were used) i'd think the Pandora's Identity would fade into obscurity.

These are all mainly logos suitable for the startup screen. I like the standings as they are. If any of these logos end up being etched or printed on the console there is just going to be the icon and the "Pandora" name showing up in the chosen style but not the shadows of coarse.

I think each of those icons could reflect a theme and each could have a GUI that fits well with each logo. As this is open, anybody could use what ever logo they want; this is just going with the consensus of the board members.

Keep in mind that the system will be black so the logo needs to be able to showup well (unless it's glossy or logo "pops up" or something like the ds lite).

This is all basic logic though.

Nice, the two i like most, 5 and 1, are up there.
Wegg said:
I believe it's supposed to represent Pandora, one of Saturn's moons.

I'm happy I won the community vote :) Thank you everyone who voted!

I would love to have my logo for the Pandora, but as Chip already have said, the final decision lies with the Pandora dev team. IMO, they should pick the logo and style that they think will fit their product best and then tweak it to perfection.

I should mention that when I did my design I was mostly concerned with the shape of the logo and the choice of font. The color, positioning and the reflection was just things I added to present the logo better. I never considered that to be in the final design if it was chosen.

There are many ways you can change and tweak it: Color, sizes, positioning, etc
For example, using the coloring from no 14:

fusion_power said:
Wegg said:
Only Eolair knows...:D

It's the sheperd moon Pandora behind the planet Saturn ;)

I voted for 14 and 28 (the outlined box), but it doesn't matter.

Eolair, that new logo remake ROCKS!
Simple! Beautiful!! Professional!!!

Great work!!

EDIT: Anyway, a simple suggestion. Save it as .png, and it will have better quality and minor size (I think).

Back