Logo Poll Results

I finally realized what Eolair's logo reminds me of. It's been bugging me for weeks because I couldn't remember. Eolair's logo looks very similar to IGN's logo.

masthead.gif

People were talking about the logo that is currently on the Pandora's site being too similar to someone else's logo, but I believe that Eolair's logo is more similar to IGN's. Although I like Eolair's, I'm not sure if it would be a good idea due to this.

-God Ginrai

Gruso said:
I think "ultraportability without sacrificing capability" has to go. It's not just a mouthful, it has peanut butter in it.
Yeah, either that or split it onto two lines.

Hmm...I don't have that font. Don't have a high quality version of that logo, either. Well Eolair, any chance you could make these changes so we can see how they look? :lol:

pandoralogothoughtsag5.png

Anyone got some nice icons for...gaming, media playback, browsing the web, etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the "Ultra" necessary for this kind of product? Doesn't seem very professional in a slogan, and isn't this thing rather far from being small enough to warrant the title of ULTRA-PORTABILITY?

I'd say it's well within the boundaries of ultraportability. In any case, "ultraportable" is essentially a buzzword at the moment and Pandora would do well to come up with something unique.

Anyhoo, I'll brainstorm some stuff and report back.

Gruso said:
I'd say it's well within the boundaries of ultraportability. In any case, "ultraportable" is essentially a buzzword at the moment and Pandora would do well to come up with something unique.

Anyhoo, I'll brainstorm some stuff and report back.
I thought this would be considered "portable," and ultra-portable would be something that would be REALLY portable, as in could easily SLIP into your pocket and isn't bulky or anything at all.

God Ginrai said:
I like this one that Eolair did:
pandoraalt.jpg

-God Ginrai
I think that this black'n'white is perfect. BW logo can be easily embossed (engrave), is simple to recognize (memorize) and looks clear.

EDIT: Oh, and "O" symbol can be easy used as small logo, icon or so on.

(Damn, what is right - easy or easily? Apologize my English level please)

Gruso said:
You do realise it's only around the size of a Nintendo DS?
"Around" -- it is bigger isn't it? I would not call the Nintendo DS "Ultra-portable." That's an extreme title, and I don't think the DS is small enough (I know you have to consider what the device is) to warrant that title. The DS is portable, but not quite ultra-portable.

peca - It should be easily. Use easily as an adverb. Use easy as an adjective. The "O" symbol can be used easily. I guess as a check you could omit the adverb: The "O" symbol can be used. How well can it be used? Easily. The "O" Symbol can be easily used (or used easily).

Since when did this become an English lesson, this is international forums after all. And yes "Around" would be an acceptable use because "Around" is an approximation.

I see more new people here every day, so hi everyone who joined this month welcome to the boards.

I agree that "Around" is the proper word. I quoted it because I wanted to emphasize it. This was a bad move as it is easy to be misinterpreted (and I can see why considering the context). My mistake :)

That version with the symbol replacing the "o" is better. But I still don't like it, overall... It doesn't have a very distinctive look (the "P" is just like the one on the PSP's logo, for example). But mainly, I don't like that it looks like a "cool gang" logo rather than a "friendly community" logo.

I guess it also depends on what kind of mood the dev team wants the logo to convey...

I'd say:

1st place: "cool gang" logo
2nd place: "techie" logo
3rd place: "friendly, simple" logo
4th place: not really anything... very middle-ground
5th place: "Asian martial arts" logo

Just my opinion...

Game_over said:
Since when did this become an English lesson, this is international forums after all.
If someone asks how to say something in English, there's nothing wrong with telling them.

-God Ginrai

I personall like the second.

How about something like "Will you open the box" written underneath the logo?

JakeK said:
I'd remove the outline on the logo, it just doesn't look good with a think black outline.
I agree..
It was an easy bucket fill operation with Gimp, just to have a feel on how it would look. (It worked for me in that respect.)

Game_over said:
I see more new people here every day, so hi everyone who joined this month welcome to the boards.
Thank you.
I joined this month, but I had been looking into these forums everyday since January.
I had made up my mind about buying the F200 in the following morning, when I found these forums and information on the craiginator/pandora ;)
(Talk about coincidences..)
Anyway, I decided to wait a couple of months for its release and even though I soon realised I would have to wait a few more months for the 3000 batch, I still believe it will be worth every second of waiting.

sindbad said:

Not to pick on yours specifically, but taglines are never good. They are always cheesy and contrived.

Less is more. You have the icon, the name, and that's it.

Eolair said:
It's the sheperd moon Pandora behind the planet Saturn ;)
Nice. ^^ But maybe you should write this together with the Logo instead of "ultraportability without sacrificing capability" . Not everyone is good in astro-things. ^_^

JerryG20 said:
Gruso said:
You do realise it's only around the size of a Nintendo DS?
"Around" -- it is bigger isn't it? I would not call the Nintendo DS "Ultra-portable." That's an extreme title, and I don't think the DS is small enough (I know you have to consider what the device is) to warrant that title. The DS is portable, but not quite ultra-portable.

Heh... "Around" is a broad sort of word. And if it's only slightly bigger wouldn't be a problem.
It's not an issue with the Nokia N8x0 devices. They're around the same size profile and while
they're a bit cumbersome to put in a pocket, they're still pretty amazing all the same. If they
pull this off in a usable manner, the thing will be the first of the "nextgen" handheld units.
I'd hesitate to call it "ultra-portable" myself, but I can see where they're getting it from.

Chip said:
sindbad said:

Not to pick on yours specifically, but taglines are never good. They are always cheesy and contrived.

Less is more. You have the icon, the name, and that's it.

Icon and name's BEST, if you ask me. Taglines? Those are for ads. There's time enough for
ads when the thing becomes a commercial reality instead of a project like it is right now.

Yeah, I agree with you guys. Just the name/logo seems best. Lots of text to read takes away from the logo somehow.

Back