Love The Pandora, But Mines On Ebay

paddy said:
I want some of the more important parts of my pandora replaced/fixed and i have kindly requested this via PM ,i have also stated that i can wait till they clear their feet before dealing with my pandora or simply replace my pandora at some point in the near future ,if i do not get the response i deserve i will sell my pandora ,simple as that.

I believe you should be emailing them rather than relying on PMs, but... if you can't be sure of getting it fixed you'll pass on a faulty Pandora to some other schmuck? Not cool man, not cool :(

Last edited by a moderator:
@Paddy: you should contact openpandorasales@gmail.com
If you have a problem with any device, you usually contact the customer service, right? You don't PM the devs at Apple if you've got a problem with your ipod, do you?

I had been speaking to them directly viqa PM at the begining ,they just no longer reply ,and my pandora is not faulty ,its like many of the pandora units out now in customer hands ,i am not happy with the build quality however and i want it fixed.

I have emailed craig as well ,so don't get ahead of yourselfs now ,no reply's to that either.

paddy said:
I am thinking of selling mine as well ,i have a few issues with my pandora ,i love my pandora but yes i have a few problems that i have asked OPT to deal with and both Craig and Ed will not answer my PM's yet they will come on the forums and answer forum posts ,i don't think this is good customer service at all.

I want some of the more important parts of my pandora replaced/fixed and i have kindly requested this via PM ,i have also stated that i can wait till they clear their feet before dealing with my pandora or simply replace my pandora at some point in the near future ,if i do not get the response i deserve i will sell my pandora ,simple as that.

Paddy

Paddy by name paddy by nature

paddy said:
i am not happy with the build quality however and i want it fixed.

Sounds to me like someone is a form over function person. Maybe a nice shiny Sony or Apple product would be more to your liking?

Mark, I thank you for your vid, and if you have decided to sell your unit, that is your choice to make make. You ordered and paid, now you can do as you see fit. I'm sorry the screen is to small, I can personally see someone having that problem. Yesterday was my first day with my unit, and I have encountered several bugs, and hiccups, but I am loving my Pandora highly. I only got a chance to get picodrive up and running, and the Pandora seems to be all I hoped, and then some.

Some people who have waited 2+ years, may not think so. That is fine(I'm sure there will be many more listings soon), I own a DS,PSP,ipod Touch, DS XL, ect. I can play any system on any given day, and be in heaven. Each system carries it's own pluses and minuses.

To those up in arms in regards to selling a Pandora on ebay, that is just foolishness. All diehards knew when preorders went live, and if you where late you are further back in line, that is how such things work. If I show up to the movies late, guess what, the show might sell out, and I have to wait for the next showing, or I get that carp seats in the front. Now if only 5 guys had bought the first 1000, that would be out of line. I bought several, but it is spaced out over all 4000. If the team had gone belly up, everyone would be telling me how much of a jackass I was to trust these guys with more than one order. And that was a risk I was willing to take. So the knife cuts both ways. They still need to deliver 3000 more, and just because I have receive one order, doesn't mean something can't go wrong to prevent my later orders from shipping.

If the team had only made 500, I would have missed the cut. I was f5'ing that morning, but my child came first. So I was 20+ minutes late, but luckily, I still made the cut, but if I had not, it was my own fault. Technically speaking, the team should have completed all 4000 in one felt swoop, so it is really the teams fault that anyone currently needs to wait longer, not the individual buyers. The team had there reasons, and I respect them, but now there is a space in unit production, and that sucks for everyone.

Chris

paddy said:
I am thinking of selling mine as well ,i have a few issues with my pandora ,i love my pandora but yes i have a few problems that i have asked OPT to deal with and both Craig and Ed will not answer my PM's yet they will come on the forums and answer forum posts ,i don't think this is good customer service at all.

Paddy
Jeez man. Just to shield myself from being cast as "over protective", for the record I'm not fussed what you think about the product or what you say about their service.

Onward to my point, you are up and down like a see-saw on go go pills. One day it's like the Pandora killed your dog, the next day it's all glowing reviews and loving it, a day later you're fed up with it and the people making it. It's all a bit Red Baron. They're absolutely snowed under with emails at the moment, and you're raining PMs on them too? Send your support email, and wait in line for a response like everyone else. While you wait, you might even have a swing towards the positive again and realise how fortunate you are to even have a bloody Pandora right now. Or put it on ebay and spare us the drama.

Been waiting nearly 3 days now and i see Ed and Craig on the forums every day ,twice mabe three times a day,all i want are some answers and reassurance ,not much to ask really.

I do love my pandora ,really i do not that i need to convince anyone here but i don't want to sell it however i think i deserve a reply and for thwe record i do not mind the way my pandora looks at all ,i have raised points before about the paint work and finish ,i have given the pandora a really good review but i want my shoulder button fixed and my number 5 key on the keymat as i can't use it at all ,i would also like my right anolog nub replaced or fixed if at all possible ,but not too bothered if that causes much hassle thats it really ,the rest is top quality and the screen bezel if possible, seeing as the device would be opened for repair.

I don't think i am complaining or anything and it is my own right to request some proper help to get these fixed ,i will take the good advice some of you guys have said and i will call them as i didn't know they were so busy with PM's and emails.

thanks guys

ohh i have just noticed the way i said something doesnt look right ,when i say i would sell my pandora ,i do not mean if i don't get a relpy like asap i will sell my unit ,what i mean is if i do not get my problems addressed properly and i am left with my unit unfixed ,then i would sell it or possibly even a refund ,i think that is fair enough don't you think.

Ah this sucks, I have 20 years of potential Pandora use, but my hearing is not as sharp as when I was a teenager. I said on another thread that I can't tell the difference of low bit-rate mp3s and high bit-rate mp3s, and I swear when I was just out of HS I could tell the difference.

Hey Paddy, those are legit beefs. Tryng to PM Craig is next to impossible. Ed is way better, but he is swamped also, but I'm sure he will reply in time. Your best course of action is to contact the girls, and just wait for a reply. I have had them reply 3-4 days after my first message, so just givem a minute. Sady, your problems are hardware, and not software, so you will more than likely need to send it in for repairs.

The good news is, that right now they only have a few more units to assemble, so your turn around should be very quick. I'm sure they will give you a mailing address, and just have you ship it in for a repair. Godd Luck!

Chris

Actually mailing/PMing ED is no good idea. You bought from Craig, so he is responsible. Maybe they should set up a separate support address, it could make things easier.

Thanks Chris ,yep i will just email openpandora sales and let them know the issues ,i mean i am happy to wait ,i don't want to hold anything up ,but when i last asked Ed ,he went mental at me and i wasn't complaining but more just asking what can be done.

I don't think i am being ungrateful at having my pandora ,i was 300/400 in line and i drove for 7 hours to get my pandora and helped for a full day to get my pandora and spend over £40 in fuel to get my pandora i also pointed op in the direction of the nub issue that they knew nothing about hence why you all got the detail in the main page about it ,i also made sure things were done as properly as possible when i was there and emm there was one pandora that i had to point out that had missing led pipe ? i have no idea if they fixed that but i told them about it cough.

I had all your interests at heart not mine when i was there otherwise i would have spent more that 2 minutes getting craig to pick my pandora ,then someone else would have mine ,get it ohh and i didn't get a spare battery holder ,not that i am complaining.

Sorry to hear you're selling it Mark, after waiting all that time. I appreciate you making a video when you received it. It's really not just the screen size, it's the dpi and the resolution. Apple are only now just allowing you to change the default font size, but I guess on an iPad it's like watching a cinema screen anyway. Apart from finding the Pandora's screen a bit too small to read (I think that's a good thing, for web browsing) it sounds like you've got a lot of gadgets anyway so might not have time for the Pandora.

paddy, I'd be pretty mad if I'd waited ages and basic things like your problems, aren't right. I'd have no problem in asking it to be fixed, in sending it back to be fixed. However, it's a busy time and I guess you might have to wait a while.

Its just a shame that you went to the assembly line and ended up getting a dud .. this is a really weird situation to be in. If I'd done that, for sure I would've had the most perfect Pandora of the lot .. and now, here you are, kind of whining about the fact that you didn't get the absolute quality you were expecting. Its a pity, because I didn't go to the assembly line, yet my two Pandoras are perfect!

MarkWatson -- I'm with torpor/etc -- tried cranking up the font size? Its a nice high res screen, so bringing up the size just makes things big and smooth. (I always disliked the mentality - as resolution goes up, people leave their settings so text gets tinier and tinier; I like to keep my text nice and big so I can read it comfortably even 5 feet away, nice and easy on the eyes .. so for Pandora, I tend to crank it up a bit too, why squint? :)

But folks, anyone who wants to sell or has a negative thought should not be treated as a traitor :) Some folks need the money, or they find things not the match they need or whatever.. its their business, it doesn't threaten anyone else :)

Thanks for the vid, either way. And off to check bestsf.net :)

jeff

skeezix said:
But folks, anyone who wants to sell or has a negative thought should not be treated as a traitor :) Some folks need the money, or they find things not the match they need or whatever.. its their business, it doesn't threaten anyone else :)

I concur - its his device, let him sell it if he needs to! The stigma of having to wait for your own Pandora to arrive shouldn't prejudice you against people who have had them and decide to move on .. just get over it, or bid on it on EBay, or something! We are all free to choose the objects of our desire ..

Lucky enough, there are tons of us who are rabid fanboix coding away, eh skeezix .. :)

Back