Love thy noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
PoisonedV said:
the_darkside_986 said:
I've always thought that there is a strong distinction between n00b and newb. Newb (or newbie) is someone who is new to the scene, who asks for help but is capable and willing to learn and read documentation before asking obvious questions. A n00b would be just an idiot who is too lazy to even try before asking help, or who makes ridiculous assertions due to lack of knowledge in a topic, and tries to defend such assertions even in the face of rebuttals made by those with more expertise in the matter.

So what are the chances those large-scale distros could be used to play some decent linux games? I know there won't be much RAM left with an OS running in the background, but consider some games like these: Text Adventures (the non-frotz freeware ones), Visual Novels (those short freeware ones), Roguelikes (especially closed source ADoM), Cave Story, Dwarf Fortress, Stepmania, MUD clients!!

Do I have a reason to get even more excited now?

2.OK so if a psp can run a DC emulator and a N64 emulator why can a machine "much more powerful then any other hand held" not be able to? I mean come on it even has a bigger screen size then a psp and better resolution p&|a

the second one made me lol

PoisonedV said:
This is why we have a search function, a FAQ sticky and a PORTS REQUIRE SOURCE CODE sticky - point the noobs at those and lock the thread.

Just because some people don't read the stickies or use the search, you don't get to act like an asshat. It doesn't hurt anything to refrain from flaming. No one is even forcing you to be nice, if you feel that's beyond your capabilities - I'm sure there are plenty of people here who don't have your hangups when it comes to common courtesy.

Tom said:
PoisonedV said:
This is why we have a search function, a FAQ sticky and a PORTS REQUIRE SOURCE CODE sticky - point the noobs at those and lock the thread.

Just because some people don't read the stickies or use the search, you don't get to act like an asshat. It doesn't hurt anything to refrain from flaming. No one is even forcing you to be nice, if you feel that's beyond your capabilities - I'm sure there are plenty of people here who don't have your hangups when it comes to common courtesy.
Well, I'm not a mod, am I? even if you make the threads stickys, they wont read them. if you reply with a link, they wont read them. if you reply with the god damn information in your very post, they STILL won't read it.

PoisonedV, then maybe you should leave the headache to someone else and stay away from such "noobs."

d45h, thanks for posting this. I completely agree with you, and I hope it will spur some thoughts in some people around here. It saddens me that some people around these forums are so impolite and intolerant to newcomers, the very people that will make the pandora a success. Anyways, as you, I will buy (have bought) a pandora anyway :)

u9i said:
PoisonedV, then maybe you should leave the headache to someone else and stay away from such "noobs."

d45h, thanks for posting this. I completely agree with you, and I hope it will spur some thoughts in some people around here. It saddens me that some people around these forums are so impolite and intolerant to newcomers, the very people that will make the pandora a success. Anyways, as you, I will buy (have bought) a pandora anyway :)
I'm not talking to them right now, am I? no, i'm arguing with you guys.

hate le noob you guys mean i join forum people hate me for no reason i flame forum then quit and tell people dont get pandora support sucks and dont belive me go onto their forums

THE PERSON CAUSEING THE MOST OFFENSIVE THINGS TO NOOBS IS POISENEDV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back