Make Millions Of Them!

XxionxX said:
I plan to spam EVERYONE about how cool my Pandora is.
I'll probably wind up doing the same thing... But probably not by choice. I don't think I'll be able to help it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, maybe you should find a couple popular gadgets (i.e. iPhone, iPod, PSP, etc.) and show some sort of Pandora connectivity (if any) with that device. You should put a little banner in your forum signature and post regularly, not about the Pandora, but as a regular member.

You can use this banner
2ajaveu.jpg
and be sure to make it link to Openpandora.org

Jourdy288 said:
Yeah, maybe you should find a couple popular gadgets (i.e. iPhone, iPod, PSP, etc.) and show some sort of Pandora connectivity (if any) with that device. You should put a little banner in your forum signature and post regularly, not about the Pandora, but as a regular member.

You can use this banner
2ajaveu.jpg
May I suggest you to use this one?
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=33&g2_serialNumber=1.png

Pandora is an easy sell to people who "get it".

I've shown quite a few people the website since I got involved and of all of them I've "sold" one. And he's the only one I was sure who'd go for it as he's a gadget nerd like me. Likes (retro)gaming and isn't afraid of a device that will need a higher level of understanding and tweaking of the workings of the device itself then for instance a PSP would. And with higher level I mean anything that's more then insert cartridge and press play, you'd be surprised how many people get scared when anything more is involved.

I don't think the Pandora will ever go mainstream, but at the same time I don't think it'll have to fear for one of the bigger players coming up with one of their own. Closest thing out there right now in philosophy is probably the N900 (Linux, very open, tweakers machine, not the gaming aspect)and although they did quite some advertising for it over here I have yet to see the first person walking around with one. I'm getting one soon though :D It's a phone that makes a hell of a lot of sense to get, but first you need to "get it".

Concerning having to walk around with 2 devices. I'm not going to go into any business meeting with a phone that's shaped like a Gameboy. It's nice that I can use my phone for emailing, websurfing, navigation etc etc but for me to be functional it at least needs to resemble a phone more then anything else. I already have enough explaining to do with my fridge sized Nokia E90 :p So for me, and I suppose then there will be others who think the same, the fact that I can't incorporate all my electronic needs in one device won't stop me from getting a Pandora.

Mr B said:
But the competing item is a phone. Your going to try and persuade people to buy a extra item they need to carry around, as well as they need to keep somewhat up to date with the phone capabilities. The phone on the other hand offers to let the buyer make 1 significant buy, and then go with that.
I'm not so sure any more. I use a P990 at the moment, and usually, it is bigger than I want to be carrying (ideally), yet for computing it is quite limited. For me, the ideal phone would probably be quite minimal - able to run up google maps in an emergency but not used as a web device. Pair it (bluetooth) with a device like Pandora means i have all the entertainment/computing that I want, the platform doesn't need to be locked down by a telco, and I gain the ability to travel really light, but not loose connectivity.

KodeIn said:
Jourdy288 said:

You can use this banner
2ajaveu.jpg
May I suggest you to use this one?
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=33&g2_serialNumber=1.png
That one's far nicer. Nice work!

I doubt Pandora will be successful in selling millions. An open source iphone will be. :D

Back