microsoft just murdered ios/android gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting back on topic, I wonder if this is a first step by Microsoft in launching the rumored Xbox Handheld/Tablet ?.

Could be an interesting year.  Actually it will be regardless, so much gaming tech coming out this year or early next.

Makes me wonder what will survive and what won't.
I dont know how true the rumors are but the microsoft surface pro would be using intel ivy bridge, so maybe this is a marketing push to help sales of their next tab

I don't blame Exophase. That's what I really wanted to say when I called him an idiot
I have never insulted or bothered you, why would you want that?

Microsoft has an ARM architecture license (meaning that can make their own custom ARM cores), maybe they'll actually put it to use one day...

Possibly we all get insulted by what someone earlier described  as "Yahoo news" style reporting. For this rather technical audience, I think you'd really want to consider the points made by others: Stop it with the sensationalist headlines, and try to have a somewhat better separation of the facts of whatever it is you're reporting on and your own feelings on whatever. I.e:

"Microsoft is bringing LIVE to tablets and stuff. This is, to me, very exciting - It seems like MS may really catch up with the other mobile gaming platforms" - Cool.

"Lookyhere!!! Android and iPAD Gaming is DEAD! DEAD, I say!!! This'll show you - Tadaaa!" - Not cool.

I do understand the reactions, in this thread and otherwhere.

Drinking, swearing and fighting ... we are men, just relax.

iOS has come all and say "ohhhh".

Android has come and all say "iOS will die!!!".

Win8 has come and all say "iOS and Android will die!!".

All are just rumors, I just hope one day: go to a store to buy a smartphone and install the OS I want on it.

MarTinazzI

Can you please stop being an idiot?
me?
Yes you.

You think AMD is good for anything other than home servers and that Live for RT will "kill iOS and Android gaming"
Well, when I lived in Austin, where AMD is headquartered...we used to say AMD stood for "All Most Dead."

The point of this being....THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

The point being the title of this topic is sensationalism and over-reacting 101.

That said, as a mod, I think everyone needs to just push the keyboard away for a few hours and chill out.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they let me play the XBLA games I purchased on my Windows PC, I'd be a happy lad. My Xbox never goes on any more and I miss some of the games I had (I've repurchased a number of them on my PC now, but some aren't available)

It means if you make some outrageous claim it should be open to scrutiny and shitty "TL;DR" style responses aren't appreciated. If you have nothing useful to add don't respond. If you don't like what's being said and don't want to engage don't respond. If you don't like discussion don't POST. This isn't your blog.
the same can be said for you...

Read the two above monstercameron .

I personally am lmfao

On a side note exophase *CAN* be aggressive .

i for one look forward to monstercameron's threads, because i know a nice conversation will ensue between him and exophase before even opening the thread. keep on keeping on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back