Midori

Eniko said:
Going to grab the Fennec PND now to see if it's any more stable, but seriously am I the only one for whom Midori crashes every 3 minutes? It's pretty much unusable.

Congratulations on getting your Pandora, first of all. ;) Second, unless you want that browser writing to your NAND as well, then I would suggest you use Arora, since it is in the base install and is more stable. Oh, and while I know about the Midori instability, I've never had it crash on me.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's prone to crash. Chromium might make it into the firmware in the future.

God Ginrai said:
Congratulations on getting your Pandora, first of all. ;) Second, unless you want that browser writing to your NAND as well, then I would suggest you use Arora, since it is in the base install and is more stable. Oh, and while I know about the Midori instability, I've never had it crash on me.

-God Ginrai
Thanks! Is there any chance of Fennec not writing to NAND in the future? I just found Arora (why isn't that the default quick launch browser if Midori is so unstable?) and it seems to be working okay, but I already miss the swish touchscreen scroll and screen estate saving I had going on with Fennec. Although I suppose with the d-pad the scroll part is a bit moot.

^ It was the plan to have Arora as default, but it was forgotten to make it the default or some such thing.

Eniko said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
Thanks! Is there any chance of Fennec not writing to NAND in the future? I just found Arora (why isn't that the default quick launch browser if Midori is so unstable?) and it seems to be working okay, but I already miss the swish touchscreen scroll and screen estate saving I had going on with Fennec. Although I suppose with the d-pad the scroll part is a bit moot.

Well, I've been bugging ED to get around to fixing up the Fennec PND so it doesn't do that, but he has yet to do it on account of being busy. But I believe he will get to it eventually.

-God Ginrai

Back