Miku Manor

P.s. I never should have opened this can of worms.
Actually I liked it, somehow I can understand you, If it wasn't for some really insisting girls that, years ago, literally throw me out of my world I'd still be thinking as you are...

I strangely started to appreciate their defects more than their merits, at a point where, after the end of each relation I was missing only the defects... something that was totally absent in the "ideal girls" I had in my mind. (and, by the way, they weren't anime, just nice real girls with a totally invented life...but still objects somehow)

Last edited by a moderator:
rsz_dsc_0016.jpg

Group photo of figures coming tomorrow or Tues.

Couple more pics, more coming tomorrow.

rsz_dsc_0023.png

Turned up through the post earlier, haven't got round to getting her out of the box yet.

rsz_dsc_0020.png

You said you'd take the bins out an hour ago. :angry:

I always wonder where I'd be today if I wouldn't have been born into the mud of society, hm.

Well at least I have worked my ass off enough to get out of the really bad living conditions.

Perhaps it's the 'sharing love' aspect that makes me a little uncomfortable, I dunno.  I don't see anyone regularly posting pics of their RL partners or artists they are fans of.  However this is the caring corner, so I can't criticise anyone's eccentricities in here.

is there an offensive term for your people? Its a large part of getting understanding from others, if you go through a few decades of insensitive name calling

Perhaps it's the 'sharing love' aspect that makes me a little uncomfortable,
 It's understandable, you may want to ad block my avatar btw.

is there an offensive term for your people? Its a large part of getting understanding from others, if you go through a few decades of insensitive name calling
 Moé pig according to the excerpt, as for the insensitive name calling I've been there and got a whole wardrobe full of t-shirts, so they just tend to bounce off me now.

Well, frankly I sniff in disapproval and turn my nose up in distaste at anyone that feels compelled to belittle you or tries to imply there is something wrong with you Strigoi.

From my perspective, they are the poorer and should be pitied for their narrower scope of being. Social conditioning and the enforcement thereof is repulsive.

One of the reasons I keep to myself. I cannot abide people taking comfort from such conditioning.

P. S. I like the pics. You are fortunate that there are many other humans that share your enthusiasm and passion.

I have to make do with whatever I manage to create myself, which is always a poor, crude representation. My affections are around glimpses and fleeting impressions... feelings so subtle they are often missed, and a world/state of being that exists predominantly beyond what my senses can detect or my brain interpret and comprehend. It's very frustrating.

At least you can collect pictures, order figurines off the Internet, and generally absorb an ever growing mind-share of representations of your point of focus.

You are rather lucky.

=~. O =

Well, frankly I sniff in disapproval and turn my nose up in distaste at anyone that feels compelled to belittle you or tries to imply there is something wrong with you Strigoi.

From my perspective, they are the poorer and should be pitied for their narrower scope of being. Social conditioning and the enforcement thereof is repulsive.

One of the reasons I keep to myself. I cannot abide people taking comfort from such conditioning.

P. S. I like the pics. You are fortunate that there are many other humans that share your enthusiasm and passion.

I have to make do with whatever I manage to create myself, which is always a poor, crude representation. My affections are around glimpses and fleeting impressions... feelings so subtle they are often missed, and a world/state of being that exists predominantly beyond what my senses can detect or my brain interpret and comprehend. It's very frustrating.

At least you can collect pictures, order figurines off the Internet, and generally absorb an ever growing mind-share of representations of your point of focus.

You are rather lucky.

=~. O =
Thank you for the kind words about the pictures + I count myself as very lucky to be able to surround myself with things relating to the object of my affections, and also share experiences with other people that are on the same wavelength as myself.

This is only the typical aggression against things people do not understand and not really related to this particular topic.

They would say something similar to gays and autists too.

My problem with this whole thing is the imho wrong use of the (too often used anyway) term of "love".

For most people love seems to be a one sided thing. Idealizing someone or something and projecting ones own wishes onto it.

This is merely obsession of an illusion, not love. Love is a living thing that creates a two sided fusion and therefore the basis for creating something new. It is not stagnant.

I'm not seeing this very often nowadays because people have become way too egocentric for this and the whole moe thing is just one of many symptoms of this.

There are different reasons for this whole egocentrism nowadays but in most cases it is just fear or helplessness.

I don't try to change anything here (that would need a desire for power), but think it is important to understand the stuff that is going on in yourself and other people,

because humans that cannot grasp their own motives and reasons for their ways of thinking someday start objectifiying themselves without noticing,

labeling yourself or letting others label you is part of this and sadly extremely common.

This is only the typical aggression against things people do not understand and not really related to this particular topic.

They would say something similar to gays and autists too.

My problem with this whole thing is the imho wrong use of the (too often used anyway) term of "love".

For most people love seems to be a one sided thing. Idealizing someone or something and projecting ones own wishes onto it.

This is merely obsession of an illusion, not love. Love is a living thing that creates a two sided fusion and therefore the basis for creating something new. It is not stagnant.

I'm not seeing this very often nowadays because people have become way too egocentric for this and the whole moe thing is just one of many symptoms of this.

There are different reasons for this whole egocentrism nowadays but in most cases it is just fear or helplessness.

I don't try to change anything here (that would need a desire for power), but think it is important to understand the stuff that is going on in yourself and other people,

because humans that cannot grasp their own motives and reasons for their ways of thinking someday start objectifiying themselves without noticing,

labeling yourself or letting others label you is part of this and sadly extremely common.
I disagree with your definition of love. 

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/love?q=love

I agree with most of the rest.  Egocentrism in particular is something that seems to be growing into a major problem, regardless of the origins.

I disaggree with most dictionaries in this point, but you can't describe something as big as that in some words in a dictionary that is not meant as a work of philosophy anyway of course.

I got a whole fat book about love with all the definitions there ever were from Sokrates to Ratzinger. Stuffing this into a dictionary would be madness.

Reactions: moz
I disaggree with most dictionaries in this point
This is a good thing at times.  Lately, without dictionaries I would have a rather difficult time communicating basic ideas.

This is a good thing at times.  Lately, without dictionaries I would have a rather difficult time communicating basic ideas.
As someone who is used to philosophical studies (inside and outside of school and university), I'm used to take my time for gathering the participants definitions before discussing something. :D

It's more effective (but of course more time consuming) than just assuming everyone follows the currently most common definition which is in many cases very flawed and one sided.

As someone who us used to philosophical studies (inside and outside of school and university), I'm used to take my time for gathering the participants definitions before discussing something. :D

It's more effective (but of course more time consuming) than just assuming everyone follows the currently most common definition which is in many cases very flawed and one sided.
I appreciate and respect that.  Too often it seems to be assumed that everyone agrees on the definitions and associated ideas of things.  I do this too, at times, but I rarely mean the same thing everyone else does.

Back