Mweston Tries Out A Range Of Leds (Photo)

MWeston said:
I've always been fascinated by gadgets with lights and displays on them for the colors.

ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS!

Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers!
Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben.
Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken
mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen.
Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das
pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.

I couldn't resist, I'm sorry. :lol:

More on-topic: My favourite set of lights in the picture is the bottom one. :p (I find excessive blue LEDs to be a little bit blinding.)

Last edited by a moderator:
MWeston said:
...no I'm not on acid ;)
Confirmed: MWeston is taking some kind of psychotropic drug that is not Acid.

Yeah, blue is too, too bright, and the human eye doesn't focus the short wavelengths as well, so they always look larger than acutal size, blurring out adjacent detail.

I do like the way MWeston thinks, though. Special LED's for special edition Pandoras.

I like the blue. It matches the Pandora color scheme. Blue/Green gets my vote purely on visuals. Would like to see a color shift for "low battery", maybe from green to amber, maybe one for charging. Is this already in the plans?

definetly NOT blue.. it is far too bright, I have to cover up the blue led on my speakers with blue-tack cause it hurts my eyes ;_;

Just my 2 cents.

Every electronic device I have with blue leds meets up with duct tape or I break the led. In low light conditions they are always too bright and too annoying.

Belthos

Hmm, lights... This calls for a poll.

Godzilla_vs_Gamera_commission_by_kaijuverse.jpg

oh please, blue owns.
green, situated in the middle of the visible spectrum would appear brightest. Don't these come in different brightness levels?
a controlled blue would blow away everything else, except possibly orange.

I don't like bright blue LED's shining in my eyes when I'm trying to focus on a screen... just my 2 cents :p Especially when the LEDs are so close to (and at the same depth as) the screen.

the power LED on my speakers is blue, and I can indeed confirm that it is really bright and annoying, especially in a darkened room. I've had to cover it up on more than one occasion where the red and green LEDs around me cause no problem. It's not a function of it being "brighter" per se. I'm sure it produces the same amount of lumens as any other LED, it just seems brighter because of the wavelength.

I'm going to have to agree with others that blue leds are just too bright / annoying, especially in low light conditions.

wasn't there supposed to be some more news on the cases yesterday or the day before? or is this our "booby prize"?

Paradox said:
wasn't there supposed to be some more news on the cases yesterday or the day before? or is this our "booby prize"?

Are you going to cancel your order yet

Low current red, green, yellow and orange FTW. That's retro. Blue is not retro.

Back