My Mp Pandora

craigix said:
They are being assembled at the same place the PCBs are being populated.

It's possible that we could move the assembly to the UK if it works out cheaper.

Ah then I'll just wait till it ships :)

Last edited by a moderator:
jb0yx said:
silly question, but has anyone actually contacted nintendo's legal department and gotten a statement from them about this?
The last time ED contacted Nintendo to inquire about an issue, it took a couple months for them to get back to him. It's too late now.

craigix said:
x68000 said:
@Craig

Can make it over for a look anytime after 4:30 today. Let me know if thats ok

ps. i'll leave Nosferatu at the door :D

I want to get the latest OS on these units first or I can't show you N64, I'll update this thread as I work on it today.
Sounds fantastic! - N64 is going to be, without doubt the killer emu on Pandora in the early days.

KillerEmu.gif

Sorry, couldnt help myself :lol:

craigix said:

It's possible that we could move the assembly to the UK if it works out cheaper.
As a US customer, I'd like to say "please don't do that!!!" in terms of having to pay customs on the whole thing if it left the US and then came back directly to me. However, do customers in other countries face the same thing with them shipping from the US? I'm not sure how the VAT thing works, so UK customers may have already paid the equivalent of customs and wouldn't have to pay extra if they shipped from the US... ?

Well, it has to ship from a country. And some people will be in another country that will charge them VAT and customs for that, no matter how much you move the production around. Unless you get them assembled and shipped somewhere in every different country someone has ordered from.

x86Daddy said:
craigix said:

As a US customer, I'd like to say "please don't do that!!!" in terms of having to pay customs on the whole thing if it left the US and then came back directly to me. However, do customers in other countries face the same thing with them shipping from the US? I'm not sure how the VAT thing works, so UK customers may have already paid the equivalent of customs and wouldn't have to pay extra if they shipped from the US... ?

This is why I asked if they were in FACT shipping from Texas. Of course that thread went south really fast. I guess since it may now be moved to the UK for assembly (which seems odd to me to switch it so close to when it was supposed to already be assembling in Texas) I may just have to cancel. From what I have seen those customs fee's could be anywhere from $50-$150. With no way of knowing, I cannot plan to see if there's any way I can come up with that. It's been a tough enough year, and all I have had to look forward to is my Pandora. Having them shipped with no further fee's is what kept me from opting out 6 months ago. So hopefully Craig means move future batches to the UK after the Texas run is complete.
So please clarify that Craig. So we can know. I don't want to misinterpret and cancel. (I just don't want to ever cancel especially so close!)

Although not big in the way of N64 and subsequent emulation, I'd be very interested to see some Amiga games like Frontier and Starglider II running which struggled on basic native hardware...

On the customs theme, I had a JAP PS2 imported in to the UK and the customs on that (a few years ago now) was about £35 I think from the ill-fated Lik-Sang (RIP).

As an aside; I've not posted on here for some (considerable) time, been through the sadness of cancelling my preorder only to pick it back up again due to some extra cash coming my way (yay!!), I just thought I'd say many congrats to the whole Pandora team for their neverending commitment and faith when it must have seemed like everything was against them at times - the end result looks incredible.

The videos currently online really show this to be a great product and you all must be feeling really proud about now - I'm chuffed to bits for you and personally am bursting at the seams with enthusiasm and excitement!

Finally - Super Noodles or Pot Noodle?

Cheers

Beanhed

craigix said:
Ed now also has a MP Pandora.
Developers developers developers developers
So many of you have already received 99% final units, but why don't you want to share your feelings with us? We want more photos, videos, reviews, etc.

Vitel said:
craigix said:
Ed now also has a MP Pandora.
Developers developers developers developers
So many of you have already received 99% final units, but why don't you want to share your feelings with us? We want more photos, videos, reviews, etc.
I hope that's sarcasm. Had you been reading you'd know that's exactly what they're working on right now.

Vitel said:
So many of you have already received 99% final units, but why don't you want to share your feelings with us?
I don't think "many" is the right word. The factory only sent about half a dozen test cases. Three of those are spoken for by Mweston, Craig and ED. The rest may still be in the mail.

Back