My Mp Pandora

Poem58 said:
x86Daddy said:
craigix said:
They are being assembled at the same place the PCBs are being populated.

It's possible that we could move the assembly to the UK if it works out cheaper.
As a US customer, I'd like to say "please don't do that!!!" in terms of having to pay customs on the whole thing if it left the US and then came back directly to me. However, do customers in other countries face the same thing with them shipping from the US? I'm not sure how the VAT thing works, so UK customers may have already paid the equivalent of customs and wouldn't have to pay extra if they shipped from the US... ?

This is why I asked if they were in FACT shipping from Texas. Of course that thread went south really fast. I guess since it may now be moved to the UK for assembly (which seems odd to me to switch it so close to when it was supposed to already be assembling in Texas) I may just have to cancel. From what I have seen those customs fee's could be anywhere from $50-$150. With no way of knowing, I cannot plan to see if there's any way I can come up with that. It's been a tough enough year, and all I have had to look forward to is my Pandora. Having them shipped with no further fee's is what kept me from opting out 6 months ago. So hopefully Craig means move future batches to the UK after the Texas run is complete.
So please clarify that Craig. So we can know. I don't want to misinterpret and cancel. (I just don't want to ever cancel especially so close!)

They won't be charging us extra for this. If you've already pre-ordered, you are all paid up.

Last edited by a moderator:
emil10001 said:
They won't be charging us extra for this. If you've already pre-ordered, you are all paid up.
They won't be, but if you're importing goods into your country that cost more than the limit for goods for personal use, you may (or indeed may not) attract fees from your country's customs department. There's nothing the seller can do about that.

It's Ok for now guys, although a confirmation would be nice. However, a re-read makes it seem that will be made in Texas, in the future, however, they may be made in the UK.
I hope I understand that right. I'm just in a position for surprises right now financially. As I said, Bad year (more like Bad 15-16 months) but if nothing happens it looks like we may be stabilizing. As long as nothing happens. I have had nothing but F5'ing the Pandora to look forward too. Shoot most people even missed my birthday this year (my wife even forgot and made plans with someone else on it), just to give you an idea just how lackluster the year has been. So sorry if I get paranoid about something interferring with me getting my hands on this little guy of which I conceived in the year 2000 (and greatly enhanced in function and capability by Craig and Co. Thank's Guys!!!) I did what I could to order this baby, and do what I can to make sure I get it. :D

Dead1nside said:
Craig is there any word whether they managed to get the frosting on the light pipes done that MWeston wanted?

what kind of frosting would that be?(I am unaware of what you mean)

Kloplop321 said:
Dead1nside said:
Craig is there any word whether they managed to get the frosting on the light pipes done that MWeston wanted?

They were supposed to do something to the clear plastic that leads to the LEDs so they were a softer, diffused light. It kinda looks like they have been in MWeston's pictures and videos, but a camera rarely demonstrates brightness very well.

Kloplop321 said:
Dead1nside said:

do you know what the light pipes are?
do you know what frosting is?

now imagine frosting over some transparent light pipes. there you go. simple.

I would also like to know this aswell, since the fully transparent light pipes look kinda cheap to me

All I can say is that I was surprised to see in the video that the Pandora screen seemed quite bright in comparison to his laptop screen and I didn't think the LEDs were distracting at all so maybe they already are frosted then?And the screen movenment was much different than the posts had made it sound. It sounded like it locked in one position and everything else was loose like the DS. It's good to see it can be placed at many angles and it looks REAL solid.
Good times ahead my friends!

Edy said:
Chip said:
PokeParadox said:
I just wish default layout was decided upon ages ago. I don't care what the buttons are called I just care what button is what in code. It's been most frustrating have to rearrange my "in code" button layout because the button map is different again in another photo. I want to be able to say "Press B" in the game and know that the physical B button will do the same thing on any standard Pandora.
It looks like they're definitely going with the GP2X layout. For programming purposes, the latest kernel refers to the buttons by number, rather than by letter. They're numbered clockwise from the top, like this:
Code:
   4 2

This is as close to an official announcement as I can get... Until someone changes their mind again.

gp2x... ohh... not again... :(
fail! :(

thanks for the announcement.
Like the handheld of the Gods as it should be.

Awakening said:
There are two N64 games I would love to see run on a Pandora: Zelda - Majora's Mask & Paper Mario.
djmaddis said:
Will be interesting to see how paper Mario runs. This game has always had problems being emulated. I remember this game had several graphical glitches even in Mupen64 and PJ64.
Paper Mario does not work well. You can see the title screen and that's about it. I don't think it's worth showing.

Majora's Mask works, but is kinda slow. You might want to try OoT first.

Nooo! Cliffhanger! Oh well; I guess I'm stuck waiting 'till Craig finishes the next one. :p

By the way, Craig, it occurred to me that I'd really like to see a two-player game in action, if you wouldn't mind, perhaps again with an external controller (bluetooth?). Maybe two-player Sonic and Knuckles or the like, to keep it simple? I know the Pandora is designed mainly as a single-person device, but there will be times when I'd probably like to load up something for two (or more!) people to play, particularly in combination with the TV-out capability. Anyway, just an idea if you're so inclined (and since you may well have guests soon!). :)

Back