My Mp Pandora

Sugar_Kane said:
I think it's incredible that Craig and Ed are inviting us to their homes to come and see the first real Pandoras. If this doesn't fill you with confidence in the project then I don't know what will. It's just a shame I'm so bloody far away from either.
Honestly, this is kinda what I would expect open inviting people to my house off the internet:

nosferatuxpandora.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rathum said:
Sugar_Kane said:
I think it's incredible that Craig and Ed are inviting us to their homes to come and see the first real Pandoras. If this doesn't fill you with confidence in the project then I don't know what will. It's just a shame I'm so bloody far away from either.
Honestly, this is kinda what I would expect open inviting people to my house off the internet:

nosferatuxpandora.jpg

lol, Epic

I have a colleague that travels every weekend to newcastle, if the pandora's are also assembled there maybe he can fetch mine :)

but I think the latest news was assembly in texas i guess

Probably off topic for this thread (but then it has meandered quite a bit!), but I never quite understood why mass production is happening in Texas. I doubt it needs to be near TI, so it seems an odd location considering where everyone on the team is. Just curious, I'm sure there's a good reason.

barnesy said:
Probably off topic for this thread (but then it has meandered quite a bit!), but I never quite understood why mass production is happening in Texas. I doubt it needs to be near TI, so it seems an odd location considering where everyone on the team is. Just curious, I'm sure there's a good reason.

Probably the factory with the best price/quality ratio That was able to handle the design MWeston made.

Love the semi-random rambling that goes on while we wait.
Speaking of which, super bomber man 4, best super bomber man game ever? Or best super bomber man game ever?

EvilDragon said:
Balzac2m said:
craigix said:
Hopefully several of you will drop by my house to try one out before then.

As I am from germany that would be pretty hard but I really hope ED invites us in aswell. It's under 4 hours on train and I don't have to pay it. Please ED, invite us!

Sure, you can come around, if you want to. Why not? ;)

Can we interpret that as that you now have a MP Pandora to show off? :)

They are being assembled at the same place the PCBs are being populated.

It's possible that we could move the assembly to the UK if it works out cheaper.

Chip said:
fusion_power said:
Please don't forget that WIFI chips can get VERY warm, so is this part checked over a longer time Period?
The Pandora uses the same wifi/BT chip as the G1. I have a G1, and the only time it gets noticeably warm is on long cell calls. I can browse over wifi for hours and it never gets warm.
Have you tried wireless tether? It's the only app that makes the G1 get seriously hot. I agree that using the wifi as a client doesn't make it roast, however.

Chip said:
PokeParadox said:
I just wish default layout was decided upon ages ago. I don't care what the buttons are called I just care what button is what in code. It's been most frustrating have to rearrange my "in code" button layout because the button map is different again in another photo. I want to be able to say "Press B" in the game and know that the physical B button will do the same thing on any standard Pandora.
It looks like they're definitely going with the GP2X layout. For programming purposes, the latest kernel refers to the buttons by number, rather than by letter. They're numbered clockwise from the top, like this:
Code:
  4 2

This is as close to an official announcement as I can get... Until someone changes their mind again.

gp2x... ohh... not again... :(
fail! :(

thanks for the announcement.

paulspiteri said:
Have you tried wireless tether? It's the only app that makes the G1 get seriously hot.
Yes, and you're right. Wifi teather does make the handset pretty warm. It also sucks the battery dry in under an hour. I don't know if it's just the nature of using both radios simultaneously, or if there's a bug in the program that is causing such high power usage. Either way, the Pandora won't be acting as a wifi/cell router, so it's not an issue for us. :)

Edy said:
gp2x... ohh... not again... :(
fail! :(
It was decided that the SNES layout wasn't safe, so the GP2X layout was chosen because it's familiar to at least some users. Yes, the chances of Nintendo causing trouble over the button layout is remote, but even a small chance of big legal issues just isn't worth it. If it were my company and my money on the line, I'd have made the same call. Of course, I'd have gone with my NSEW button layout and avoided all this headache, but that's just me. ;)

Gruso said:
froboman said:
Yeah. If they wanted to give us all equal opportunities to see the Pandora/s, they'd mail some out to the people that can't drive/fly to Craig's house.
They are.

Soon.

:p

In Two Weeks to be precise. :D

Chip said:
It was decided that the SNES layout wasn't safe, so the GP2X layout was chosen because it's familiar to at least some users. Yes, the chances of Nintendo causing trouble over the button layout is remote, but even a small chance of big legal issues just isn't worth it. If it were my company and my money on the line, I'd have made the same call. Of course, I'd have gone with my NSEW button layout and avoided all this headache, but that's just me. ;)
silly question, but has anyone actually contacted nintendo's legal department and gotten a statement from them about this? I'm sure it wouldn't take much more than a call or email. If they say no in writing then that can be upholdable in court if they try to pursue legal actions.

edit- silly html

Nintendo of America Company Information

Company Name Nintendo of America
Headquarter 4820 150th Ave NE
Redmond, WA, 98052-5111

www.nintendo.com

Country USA
Phone Number +1.425.882.2040
Industry Computers & Electronics
Employees 250 - 1000
Revenue $100 - 250M
Ownership Privately Held

For any other legal inquiry or concern, please call us at 1-800-255-3700 or e-mail us at noalegal@noa.nintendo.com

@Craig

Can make it over for a look anytime after 4:30 today. Let me know if thats ok

ps. i'll leave Nosferatu at the door :D

x68000 said:
@Craig

I want to get the latest OS on these units first or I can't show you N64, I'll update this thread as I work on it today.

x68000 said:
@Craig

And then he'll borrow one of the Pandoras...for Two Weeks. ;)

(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that time. Shutting up now. :lol: )

Back