My Mp Pandora

Awesome Cliffhanger. I'm betting it will be the PSX emulator since neither the N64 or Dreamcast had dual analog sticks.

Ari64 said:
Awakening said:
There are two N64 games I would love to see run on a Pandora: Zelda - Majora's Mask & Paper Mario.
djmaddis said:
Will be interesting to see how paper Mario runs. This game has always had problems being emulated. I remember this game had several graphical glitches even in Mupen64 and PJ64.
Paper Mario does not work well. You can see the title screen and that's about it. I don't think it's worth showing.

Majora's Mask works, but is kinda slow. You might want to try OoT first.

Aw, dang, I was hoping for Majora's Mask as well. Hopefully the emulation gurus can work enough of their magic to bring that one up to full speed...but I can settle for Ocarina of Time in the interim. :)

(Indeed, I suppose I'll have to! :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
skyeyemachine said:
Nooo! Cliffhanger! Oh well; I guess I'm stuck waiting 'till Craig finishes the next one. :p

By the way, Craig, it occurred to me that I'd really like to see a two-player game in action, if you wouldn't mind, perhaps again with an external controller (bluetooth?). Maybe two-player Sonic and Knuckles or the like, to keep it simple? I know the Pandora is designed mainly as a single-person device, but there will be times when I'd probably like to load up something for two (or more!) people to play, particularly in combination with the TV-out capability. Anyway, just an idea if you're so inclined (and since you may well have guests soon!). :)

Interesting it will be possible to emulate, on a single Pandora, Amiga games which required two Mice.

Has that ever been done before?

djmaddis said:
Will be interesting to see how paper Mario runs. This game has always had problems being emulated. I remember this game had several graphical glitches even in Mupen64 and PJ64.

the first game i'd try is "mystical ninja, starring goemon", most emus have one nasty graphics plugin bug that makes it slow basically when the sky bitmap moves, i've been frustrated for years :D

Bosbeetle said:
borgqueenx said:
mame emulator....one of the few emulators im never, ever gonna use.

Why not?
i hate the graphics and sounds. basicly its to old to have some fun for me.
I have only 3 games i like for the gameboy color, but most games also pushes me away because the graphics.

craigix said:
skyeyemachine said:
Nooo! Cliffhanger! Oh well; I guess I'm stuck waiting 'till Craig finishes the next one. :p

By the way, Craig, it occurred to me that I'd really like to see a two-player game in action, if you wouldn't mind, perhaps again with an external controller (bluetooth?). Maybe two-player Sonic and Knuckles or the like, to keep it simple? I know the Pandora is designed mainly as a single-person device, but there will be times when I'd probably like to load up something for two (or more!) people to play, particularly in combination with the TV-out capability. Anyway, just an idea if you're so inclined (and since you may well have guests soon!). :)

Interesting it will be possible to emulate, on a single Pandora, Amiga games which required two Mice.

That sounds really exciting! I don't know much about the Amiga, but I know that running more than one mouse on modern operating systems is...a challenge, to say the least. I've tried a few times, both on Windows and Linux, and I've not succeeded yet. You need all this additional software and so forth that I guess I'm just not tech-savvy enough to set up properly; in addition, it's a feature that not very many people seem to be too into developing for, at least based on my searches for solutions. :huh:

I think I was mainly looking for a way to rig up two mice for Cortex Command, since playing that game with a keyboard only doesn't feel nearly as natural, and I lacked decent gamepads.

While we are at requests:
I would love to know if Kirby 64 is working on the Pandora...

But again good video craig, I love the part where you throw the stylus on the screen :)

borgqueenx said:
Bosbeetle said:
borgqueenx said:
Why not?
I have only 3 games i like for the gameboy color, but most games also pushes me away because the graphics.
'cause everybody knows the quality of gameplay is solely related to graphics :rolleyes:

craigix said:

The Settlers had an option for two player mode using two mice. That would be an excellent one to show if you were planning to show Amiga emulation.

Also, IK+ two player mode would make me a happy customer, you'd only need to use one button and an analog nub for each player :p

Consequence9 said:
borgqueenx said:
Bosbeetle said:
borgqueenx said:
Why not?
'cause everybody knows the quality of gameplay is solely related to graphics :rolleyes:
i like those 3 GBC games because i love their gameplay. the graphics are....acceptable. the mame is just to old to contain any fun for me.

@borgqueenx

If you think Mame is boring...I don't know what to think. Have you ever played Black Tiger? Simpsons? These are .37b-ish romset. I.E. pretty old. I don't know what version of Mame is on the Pandora regarding romsets.

I think this is the compatibility list for Mame4all which is running on Pandora: http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/mame4all.html#GameCompatibilityList

Can someone correct me if I am wrong? Anyway, there are a lot of really great games on that list.

Phawx said:
@borgqueenx

If you think Mame is boring...I don't know what to think. Have you ever played Black Tiger? Simpsons? These are .37b-ish romset. I.E. pretty old. I don't know what version of Mame on the Pandora supports regarding romset.

Yeah, MAME is pretty damn impressive.

Soul Caliber, that's on MAME, for example.

Phawx said:
@borgqueenx

If you think Mame is boring...I don't know what to think. Have you ever played Black Tiger? Simpsons? These are .37b-ish romset. I.E. pretty old. I don't know what version of Mame on the Pandora supports regarding romset.
looks like just another old platformer. platformers can be good i know, but the graphics are to low to try.
at the GBC i like metal gear solid, and 2 old games i cant remember.

(naw)mcx said:
Phawx said:
@borgqueenx

Yeah, MAME is pretty damn impressive.

Soul Caliber, that's on MAME, for example.
wait, those graphics look good. i searched google images and it gave me a 3d game. can the mame handle those games??? :/

borgqueenx said:
Consequence9 said:
borgqueenx said:
Bosbeetle said:
borgqueenx said:
Why not?
i like those 3 GBC games because i love their gameplay. the graphics are....acceptable. the mame is just to old to contain any fun for me.

To clear something up: MAME = arcade games.

Why are you talking about GBC?

borgqueenx said:
Phawx said:
@borgqueenx

looks like just another old platformer. platformers can be good i know, but the graphics are to low to try.
at the GBC i like metal gear solid, and 2 old games i cant remember.

:eek: are you putting platformers down in a retro gaming forum :eek:

Bosbeetle said:
haha borgy cleary doesnt know MAME stands for Multiple arcade Machine Emulator :D

(sorry for the 2 posts in a row)
i searched google images and roms before, and the first results where all crap quality games. So it can also handle powerful games...lol i thought it was a crap device since i was 15 or something...

exuses for insulting mame then.

Speaking of MAME...

Saint Dragon

Loved it on C64, tried the arcade version just a few years back and I absolutely loved that game. I'm going to beat it again someday... On the go. I had unlimited credits of course, but forced myself not to use save states. Final section of level 4 was hell. What an INTENSE game!

there are plenty of arcade games with 'good graphics'. The art in many of them is literally astounding, much better than anything the mainstream home consoles could pull of at the time. I really enjoy a lot of the arcade shumps, look up giga-wing. Also, If you've never played the arcade Metal Slugs you're really missing out.

Back