Beta Nail''''''''s Adventure Wip

@ hells_dark do you have the same problems on any other game? And with the windows version?

Thanks Qtpandora for your tip. I had to do it when compiling for windows but I forgot to say it. On my linux machine works either way, it may have something to do with sdl version.

@adamorjames thanks for the video!!

Well i arrived home early and I installed XP on my virtual box and compiled the game. It should work on linux too, however, it is the same as the last thing I uploaded earlier, just changed something in the harpoon.

JSMTUX, I tried compiling this under Linux and you've put semicolons after all your functions for some reason. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
'arrrgh' said:
JSMTUX, I tried compiling this under Linux and you've put semicolons after all your functions for some reason. :huh:
You must replace a line in the makefile:
CFLAGS = `sdl-config --cflags` -Wall -pedantic
should be
CFLAGS = `sdl-config --cflags` -Wall

I`m sorry :D

Thanks, working fine now. The harpoon gun is looking good! :)

jsmtux, could you please go back to your first post and edit it to list anything needed to run this and any dependencies necessary to compile it? I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid) 2.6.27-11-generic. I installed libsdl-image and the binary puked with a segmentation fault. My makefile does not have "-pedantic" so I left it alone. It would be helpful if the first post had a link to the latest version and the information above. It looks neat and I would like to check it out. Thanks.

Thanks for your interest!
I`ve had some problems in my real life and I couldn`t get any work done, but now I`m back to work

I`ve decided I need to rewrite some parts of the code in order to implement most of the features you recently suggested; so it`ll take me some time. However, once I have finished this, you`ll notice a major improvement in the game.

@lingenfr: Changed! I don`t know yet why does that happen, if it compiles you must have the needed libraries installed. As I said I`m rewriting some parts of the code and I hope to have those things fixed for the next release

'jsmtux' said:
Thanks for your interest!
I`ve had some problems in my real life and I couldn`t get any work done, but now I`m back to work

I`ve decided I need to rewrite some parts of the code in order to implement most of the features you recently suggested; so it`ll take me some time. However, once I have finished this, you`ll notice a major improvement in the game.

@lingenfr: Changed! I don`t know yet why does that happen, if it compiles you must have the needed libraries installed. As I said I`m rewriting some parts of the code and I hope to have those things fixed for the next release
Ok, glad to have you back :D. What program language are you using for coding btw?

Mithrildor said:
Ok, glad to have you back :D . What program language are you using for coding btw?
I recall already telling you...

And why would it be something else... I mean, pygame would be plausible but C++ the most probable language, wouldn't you say?

'dflemstr' said:
'Mithrildor' said:
Ok, glad to have you back :D . What program language are you using for coding btw?
I recall already telling you...

And why would it be something else... I mean, pygame would be plausible but C++ the most probable language, wouldn't you say?

:huh: What do you mean, most likely? The(C++) source is included with the releases of this...

Back