Nds Emulation

Damn it guys. Stop f#@$ing starting flame wars ok.

If your going to contribute to the discussion in a proper manner with valid points go for it.

C B Felterbrush your entire post has no reasoning and is just a put down. It shows how much intelligent you are in comparison to Teggun, who uses proper explanations for his points.

@teggun:
Ok, are you REALLY, and I mean SERIOUSLY, trying to suggest that just because of the fact that two consoles don't have the same games to play, they can't be compared?

Agreed, there are different people with different opinions, but comparing is about analyzing different traits between two products. So the fact that you're hiding behind the situation of "different games", is just offending. You can show/tell/whatever good traits of the DS and compare them to Pandora's bad traits, that's fine. But DON'T try to claim they can't be compared.

On that same analogy, I could claim Sega Master System can't be compared to PS3, because it has at least one proprietary game that PS3 doesn't. Or better yet, because it can play it "the way it was meant to be played". Do I need to tell you that Master System is crap compared to PS3? Well, it IS.

You did earlier state, that we shouldn't compare the two on the basis of DS games. So let's not. Someone said just because Pandora could emulate DS, it would mean Pandora >= DS. Well, he/she was also wrong. But just because DS can play its own games which Pandora maybe can't, doesn't mean Pandora and DS can't be compared.

aatu said:
Do I need to tell you that Master System is crap compared to PS3? Well, it IS.
Thats debatable. While the PS3 may be graphically powerfull and provide next gen games systems such as the Sega Master System and the Nintendo 64 defined console gaming. Original ideas coupled with great gameplay. But it is all opinion.

You are pretty much on the same par as what you are accusing teggun of doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
C B Felterbush said:
Teggun you are fucking retarded, put that quote on your sig.

Your argument is so flawed, it's amazing the amount of stupidity you can you can display in a single paragraph.

All I got from that dribble is you're a ten year old girl, care to elaborate?
And your problem is ?.

You have moaned on numerous occations in other threads about if user opinions do not conform to the general consensus of the community, The user or their opinions are brushed aside, Flamed etc.

Well, You seem to be doing exactly the same thing, Which is hardly the right way to go about it (If your moanings are to be justified).

Warning level increased, Personal attacks on other forum members (verbal or otherwise) will not be tolerated on these forums.

Trooper

Comparing two consoles based on games is futile, especially at this point when there's no games on the Pandora! The only thing to compare is the hardware, and from the sound of it, the Pandora beats PSP and DS on all fronts. It also costs more than both combined.

JakeK said:
aatu said:
Thats debatable. While the PS3 may be graphically powerfull and provide next gen games systems such as the Sega Master System and the Nintendo 64 defined console gaming. Original ideas coupled with great gameplay. But it is all opinion.

... I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. Do you mean that because I just shortly stated that PS3>SMS, I did wrong because I didn't back it up with anything? It was meant to be an self-explanatory example, one that (I thought) clearly states two consoles can be ranked. I think one would pick SMS as better only for nostalgic reasons. And wouldn't that inself also prove that two consoles rarely are equal in one's mind? Like I said (and you said also), it is about people's own opinions, but they surely are comparable...
Or did I miss the point?

aatu said:
I think one would pick SMS as better only for nostalgic reasons.
One might prefer the SMS for a number of reasons, games which don't appear on the PS3, size, cost, the way it looks, the controls, the whole gaming experience- there's tonnes of reasons why a system will be better to one person than another, it's not just the stuff under the hood that make a console what it is.

Yes, Older consoles, Newer consoles, Handhelds, Video recorders, Dvd players, Fridges etc can be comparable, But not fairly, And not without a users personal opinions getting in the way. Which makes comparability rather unfair. Plus it also depends on what is wanted out of the items being compared.

Taking the rather unfair comparison of the master system (a 22 year old 8bit console) and the PS3 (a ~2 year old 128bit console), What chance has the master system got on it`s technical merits against the PS3 ?. How should or could they be compared fairly, Considering the technical age gap between them ?.

The only way i can see them be compared even remotely fairly is by comparing the games/software available on both consoles.

The thing is, Why even bother, What is really going to be achieved from doing this ?.

Trooper

Comparing handheld to a fridge - Not fair
My comparison of SMS to PS3 - Like stated, not even meant to be fair
Comparing DS and Pandora - Reasonable

Why DS vs Pandora? Because it is one of the closest devices to rival. Others are PSP and GP2X. Remember, there is no "ultimate fact". Of course people have different opinions. That doesn't stop us from comparing those things.

Why compare? Because nobody wants to "buy the pig in a bag" (I don't know whether that phrase translates to English like that, but basically one wants to know/see what he/she is buying). Comparing offered games is only one point. Cost and other factors also come into play. It is up to the buyer to give different weight factors to different strengths and weaknesses.

aatu said:
JakeK said:
aatu said:

... I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. Do you mean that because I just shortly stated that PS3>SMS, I did wrong because I didn't back it up with anything? It was meant to be an self-explanatory example, one that (I thought) clearly states two consoles can be ranked. I think one would pick SMS as better only for nostalgic reasons. And wouldn't that inself also prove that two consoles rarely are equal in one's mind? Like I said (and you said also), it is about people's own opinions, but they surely are comparable...
Or did I miss the point?

I'm just saying that you can only compare certain aspects of consoles. Hardware, games, physical size, controllers, gaming generation etc. Overall no one can really say "X console is better" because really it is all opinion, just depends on what type of gamer you are.

JakeK said:
I'm just saying that you can only compare certain aspects of consoles. Hardware, games, physical size, controllers, gaming generation etc. Overall no one can really say "X console is better" because really it is all opinion, just depends on what type of gamer you are.
Agreed. I think the last sentence in my previous post is the most accurate summary of how I see it.

It is up to the buyer to give different weight factors to different strengths and weaknesses.

Back