Nds Emulation

What your not letting me buy a pandora??!?!?!?!?!? :blink:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :ph34r: OOOOOO

lol

TheLonelyGod said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :ph34r: OOOOOO

Last edited by a moderator:
JakeK said:
Hahahaha, so that is your worst nightmare.

*Note to self: TheLonelyGod can't survive without his Pandora*
Well he is rather lonely.

On another note, to whoever said we won't have online Mario Kart, don't forget about SNES emulators. :)

toddflandersrb4.gif
"Dear God, please send Mr. Bunny up to heaven" :lol:

---myself----I agree 100% with teggun, we shouldn't compare the two on the basis of DS games.

Of course this whole thing was started on the comparison of the DS's ability to play games compared to the Pandora's ability to play games. Anyone with a brain is going to know that the DS is going to play its software better, but that is not the point. There is no point...lol..i'm done

C B Felterbush said:

I agree 100% with teggun
yay i win biggrin.gif
hehe

of course by accepting victory on the side of the DS you admit defeat on the whole.

This sums it up: First you start off by saying the Toyota is the best, then you change to a Toyota is better at being a Toyota than a Lexus is at being a Toyota. I argue that a Lexus is better than a Toyota. Though Lexus is made by Toyota it is certainly not a Toyota, it is a Lexus and there-for better. By granting you a victory in saying that the Toyota is better at being a Toyota, And in your failure to refute the original comment you must also accept defeat in that Lexus is Superior. :blink:

Pandora>DS

DS>Pandora at playing DS games.

You can't compare the two systems because they do totally different things!

You could say the pandora is better because it can play loads of other games and do magical stuff etc. however you could also say the DS is better because it plays DS games and plays them exactly the way they were meant to be played.

Until a DS emulator that can compete with a real DS is released for the pandora the two cannot be compared on the basis of one being better than the other. This is because games are subjective and if Joe likes DS games he's gonna buy a DS and if he likes MegaDrive games (etc.) he'll buy a Pandora and if he doesn't like games then he'll go home.

C B Felterbush said:
Pandora>DS
CODE
no match for 'operator>' in 'Pandora > DS'

Why the hell are people now comparing the DS and pandora as if they're similar devices? They may share a similar clamshell design, but they're intended uses and capabilities are far different. The DS is a game playing device for playing commercial games. The pandora is an open source handheld computer for doing whatever you want.

The original three statements that started this debate.

That would be fantastic.

Freaking amazing. I could go make fun of all my friends who think the ds is the best handheld.

By saying what exactly? I can emulate the console you own, not even to the same degree? ...thrilling.

You can't even begin to compare the Pandora and the DS.

Yes I can.

Observe:

pandora > ds

You people continue walking blindly in the dark, If you choose to suggest that these devices can't be compared then you are truly blind.

This debate has nothing to do with how well the Pandora can play DS titles, but the comparison of the overall game playing capabilities of of each system.

You can't compare the two systems because they do totally different things!

As much as I am sure you hate to admit it, they are both handheld portable videogame devices. Both have a touch screen, both have a clam shell, both are designed with the primary objective of playing videogames.
This is not about marketability, or popularity, but the ability of one device to play games, or rather be more enjoyable as a gaming device than the other. On that basis they can and are being compared.

If you suggest they can't be compared because the DS plays DS games and the Pandora can't your retarded.
The Super Nintendo couldn't play Sega Genesis Games, yet these were often compared.

If you suggest you can't compare the two because one plays "Commercial" games and the other plays "homebrew." Then you are wrong. A videogame is a Videogame. Both commercial and homebrew games share a similar trait, five out of a hundred are enjoyable play, one out of a thousand is Sometimes a great game.

Of course this is an entirely useless debate because the Pandora doesn't exist yet. However when the Pandora is released and has been out for a year or so, there may be a reason to continue this debate. -CB

that and the pandora is powered by dreams.

You can't beat dream power. Come on everyone dream harder and we'll get our console

C B Felterbush said:
As much as I am sure you hate to admit it, they are both handheld portable videogame devices. Both have a touch screen, both have a clam shell, both are designed with the primary objective of playing videogames.
This is not about marketability, or popularity, but the ability of one device to play games, or rather be more enjoyable as a gaming device than the other. On that basis they can and are being compared.

If you suggest they can't be compared because the DS plays DS games and the Pandora can't your retarded.
The Super Nintendo couldn't play Sega Genesis Games, yet these were often compared.
Yes but games consoles are compared by the games they play, doesn't matter how good the hardware is, if the games are crap then no one will buy it, simple as that. So in that respect unless they play the same games its pretty much impossible to say one is better than the other. You might enjoy playing the games a pandora has to offer but a 10 year old girl wants to play nintendogs*. So pretty much any comparisons related to gaming in a DS vs Pandora respect are subjective and have nothing to do with which system is better.

*(im not saying the DS/nintendogs is for 10 year old girls only just making a point).

ok we are going a bit off topic and it's all my fault so to bring us back on topic.

would it be possible to do in game screen manipulation?

like the iphone has the zooming, could we do that to resize them and rotate screens?

TheLonelyGod said:
ok we are going a bit off topic and it's all my fault so to bring us back on topic.

would it be possible to do in game screen manipulation?

like the iphone has the zooming, could we do that to resize them and rotate screens?
Yes, it is possible to do game screen manipulation ingame. But it all depends on if whoever is coding the emu wishes to implement it.

-God Ginrai

Teggun you are fucking retarded, put that quote on your sig.

Your argument is so flawed, it's amazing the amount of stupidity you can you can display in a single paragraph.

All I got from that dribble is you're a ten year old girl, care to elaborate?

Back