Neo Geo Aes. Working Set

dustybin

Still Fresh
Hi all.

Having had my cannoo set up for a good month and a half now I'm finding the aes emulation really nice. Dead solid! I am however facing continued frustration with rom sets that are unsupported. (you know, the encrypted ones) I know I am skating a fine line, but could someone please advise how I can get a full clean rom set to work on the caanoo? I have had a succesful result with metals slug 3 by changing some of the files within the zip, but I can not repeat this with any other games. I have also tried to save files out using kawaks, but thus too doesn't seem to work for me. It's obviously me at fault so I wondered if there was a full caanoo compatible, neo geo rom set out there? I'm not asking for a download link or torrent file but simply a name or reference that will allow me to find the correct set.

Any help is appreciated

Gary

I Feel your pain!!

I too would love to have a complete set of Caanoo ready (GnGeo) Neo-Geo Roms. Can anybody help? Actually....has anybody ever put together a full working gngeo set or is it a fruitless task?

Regards

StalkS

I think I have the 0.7 pack for the Wiz, most of the roms work but there are still a few that tell me "unsupported rom set" such as sengoku 3 which I really wish I could get working.

Maybe we can get a little private group going and build a complete set? Anyone interested? I've gotten a decent amount of roms working so far.

sounds like everyone is sharing the same frustration!

Im well up for doing this. how would we go about it? is there a shared ftp space we can all use or simply PM between us? (not really done any communal resourcing before)

let me know and ill happily contribute where i can

Gary

madthrillz said:
I think I have the 0.7 pack for the Wiz, most of the roms work but there are still a few that tell me "unsupported rom set" such as sengoku 3 which I really wish I could get working.

i have this rom set and the usual suspects do not work (for me anyway)

thanks for the tip tho.

gary

Last edited by a moderator:
fantoboy said:
Maybe we can get a little private group going and build a complete set? Anyone interested? I've gotten a decent amount of roms working so far.

Agreed. Lets set up a Google Spreadsheet with a list of all known working Sets starting with the Wiz Collection found HERE. We can then decide between us which non working titles we will individually try to make work/Fix for GnGeo and post our progress here on the board or directly on the Google spreadsheet?

Sound Like a plan? If so I'll get the Google Sheet thing going?

Regards

StalkS

StalkS said:
fantoboy said:

Agreed. Lets set up a Google Spreadsheet with a list of all known working Sets starting with the Wiz Collection found HERE. We can then decide between us which non working titles we will individually try to make work/Fix for GnGeo and post our progress here on the board or directly on the Google spreadsheet?

Sound Like a plan? If so I'll get the Google Sheet thing going?

Regards

StalkS

Sounds good. Is this something we can all contribute to or will you be monitoring this thread and updateing the google sheet yourself? eitherway im good for helping. once the final collection is gathered im pretty sure a lot of people will be happy to have it in place.

I see it as more of a contribution thing. People can post successes or failures directly in this thread and a few of us can maintain the spreadsheet.

I should be able to grant access to the spreadsheet to anyone with a GMail account (this Google Docs thing is new to me). After all the working sets are identified, people can then post if they have had any success with the non working sets and how they went about fixing them which will help the rest of us working on our own.

I have just quickly knocked together a WIP Google Spreadsheet What do you think? I'll update it over the next day or two.

StalkS

StalkS said:
I see it as more of a contribution thing. People can post successes or failures directly in this thread and a few of us can maintain the spreadsheet.

I should be able to grant access to the spreadsheet to anyone with a GMail account (this Google Docs thing is new to me). After all the working sets are identified, people can then post if they have had any success with the non working sets and how they went about fixing them which will help the rest of us working on our own.

I have just quickly knocked together a WIP Google Spreadsheet What do you think? I'll update it over the next day or two.

StalkS

Yup, that looks and sounds great. if i PM you my email address you can add it to the google doc list (only if you want me to help that is?) i should be able to go through some of them tonight.

StalkS said:

StalkS

I just started going through games and making a list on excel. I only got through to KOF so far. I have SVCplus working- but isn't that supposed to have the extra characters unlocked? Mine doesn't. I put an f for fantoboy next to the ones I have working. I think I had some of these working before like samsho- but juggling romsets made me lose track:
my spreadsheet

I think everyone should start by looking at the roms I don't have an F next to.
Maybe we should all exchange email addresses so we can share rapidshare links or torrents in the near future?

i got some of my games working by using a different romrc file. if there was some way of creating these files ourselves we could probably get more games working.

After I finish testing, I'm gonna try the missing roms on different romsets- Mame, FBA. See if I can fill in some of those gaps. I set the spreadsheet to be editable by anyone. So if you have any missing roms, add them to the list. I say everyone should choose a letter so we know who says they have it working. Let's get together through email to exchange roms. Once there is a complete set, we'll figure out where to host it.

Tested more roms- updated my spreadsheet.
I think we should also consider updating the screenshots- some are missing or wrong. And can we edit the display names? Many are misspelled.

edit: just spent some time decrypting roms in kawaks and got some more games working. Updated the spreadsheet.

I haven't tried the mame roms if anyone wants to go through those and see if any work.

Nice Work fantoboy!

Funnily enough dustybin and myself worked on the other spreadsheet last night so now we have two!! :D

I don’t see this as a bad thing as the spreadsheet we are working on is based on the Wiz 0.7 set that is still available on the net and you have already stated that your collection has already grown quite a bit.

Between both spreadsheets we should be able to identify and put together a smaller update pack with only the newly working sets! Saving people the trouble of having to re-download 3 – 5Gb.

Adding missing screenshots is a geat idea, as for the changing the incorrect names im sure that is possible we just need to work out how.A

If possible could you put together a quick tutorial on how you go about trying to fix the sets? It would be great to be able to identify the common fixes carried out and mark that info in the spreadsheet.

0.7 Reference Spreadsheet

fantoboy's spreadsheet

Note will add some more info here when I get to work

Most old games I got working by trying a different romset. The romset I have is old, and I don't know what it is. It's not Mame. Probably FBA.
AOF3, GAROUP, LASTBLD2, MSLUG3N, PREISLE2, SAMSHO5, SVCPLUS, KOF98N, KOF99, KOF200N, KOF2003, S1945P, and anything else I forgot that had encrypted roms was fixed by replacing the graphics roms. I would load the game in kawaks with the "save decrypted roms" setting on, and anything the emulator outputted was renamed to match the gngeo roms and copied over within that rom. Or sometimes the emulator didn't output anything, so i would just take the files from the working rom and insert them into the gngeo rom.

Back