Neo Geo Aes. Working Set

Hi Guys,

First post so please be gentle :)

I have just placed an order for a Caanoo and I am trying to learn everything I can about emulation since this will be my first Gamepark handheld. I know that GnGeo is not the most newbie friendly emulator to get going, but I have been following this thread (or trying to) and have just downloaded the Wiz GnGeo pack and the 8 Caanoo update packs mentioned above (on the Lostsites forums), but I am not sure what to do with them.

I would be very grateful for any help with what to do next with these downloads, everything seems a little complicated to me at the moment :unsure:

Thank you.

With steam rising from the north face outletenormous temple beside the Parvati River, or any reason to believe in the existence of UFO's. Enough said. The space agency's recent all out attack on a possible rare galactic alignment in December of 2012, for me, adds much credibility to the north face discountpossibility.There is another source of trusted information that is readily available and plentiful on this subject at this time, however. Countless channels of higher dimensional beings have reported the validity of just such a monumental galactic alignment in December of 2012, sun of our galaxy for the first time in nearly 26,000 years.DCY
please FUCK you and your Parvati river ;)

Jazbur said:
Hi Guys,

I have just placed an order for a Caanoo and I am trying to learn everything I can about emulation since this will be my first Gamepark handheld. I know that GnGeo is not the most newbie friendly emulator to get going, but I have been following this thread (or trying to) and have just downloaded the Wiz GnGeo pack and the 8 Caanoo update packs mentioned above (on the Lostsites forums), but I am not sure what to do with them.

I would be very grateful for any help with what to do next with these downloads, everything seems a little complicated to me at the moment :unsure:

Thank you.
Download the Emulator Pack for a SD card ready emulator file structure. Download the Wiz pack and put the files in the /game/gngeo/roms and /game/gngeo/romrc.d directories. Now put the files from the Caanoo pack in the same directories (overwrite existing files). That's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
pierpo78 said:
Hi everyone,

please, can you help me with Sengoku 3 ?
Up to now, i have tried almost everything. The romset I am using is the following:
sengoku3romset.jpg

and this is the rc file in the romrc.d direcectory:
Code:
longname sengoku3
#mame set of sengoku3
game sengoku3 MVS "sengoku3"
CPU 0x200000
261-p1.rom 0x100000 0x100000 NORM
- 0x0 0x100000 NORM
END
SFIX 0x20000
261-s1.rom 0x0 0x20000 NORM
END
SM1 0x20000
261-m1.rom 0x0 0x20000 NORM
END
SOUND1 0x900000
261-v1.rom 0x0 0x400000 NORM
261-v2.rom 0x400000 0x200000 NORM
261-v3.rom 0x800000 0x100000 NORM
END
GFX 0x2000000
261-c1.rom 0x0 0x800000 ALTERNATE
261-c2.rom 0x1 0x800000 ALTERNATE
261-c3.rom 0x1000000 0x800000 ALTERNATE
261-c4.rom 0x1000001 0x800000 ALTERNATE
END
END

Ok, I see the zip file is missing the 261-s1.rom file. I found a similar one in the decrypted romset, but a different name: sen3n_s1.rom. So I renamed this file with requested name, I changed the extensions from .bin to .rom and zipped again. But GnGeo still reporting this is not a corrected romset.

Where is the wrong part? I am really sorry if you had aleady explained this and I missed it,

THX.

Just wondering if you ended up getting Sengoku 3 working?

Yoshi Dragon said:
Jazbur said:
Hi Guys,

Thank you.
Download the Emulator Pack for a SD card ready emulator file structure. You don't need the Wiz pack, just put the files from the Caanoo pack in the /game/gngeo/roms and /game/gngeo/romrc.d directories. That's it.

Thanks very much for the help, much appreciated.

Yoshi Dragon said:
Download the Emulator Pack for a SD card ready emulator file structure. You don't need the Wiz pack, just put the files from the Caanoo pack in the /game/gngeo/roms and /game/gngeo/romrc.d directories. That's it.

Hi,

On the lostsites forum, it says "
1) first of all Download the existing Wiz GnGeo pack found in the downloads section of this website.

2. Download Updated files from here: (1.2GB) "

However above, you say that you don't need to download the Wiz packs, just download the updated caanoo files and put them in a valid emulator structure.

Can you please clarify? which instructions are correct? since they seem to contradict each other.
Thanks
-Mike

Yoshi Dragon said:
Sorry, my mistake. I didn't realize that only the delta has been uploaded (I have the full set). Post edited.

Yoshi,
Thanks for the clarification, so we need BOTH the wiz packs and the Caanoo packs to overwrite them, and BTW nothing to be sorry for.
Thank YOU for all your work on the emu packs and now this.
Reading your posts and a few select others (BAFelton) on these forums pretty much sold me my Caanoo.

-Mike

Hey everyone.. I came across this Thread just now and I thought I'd jump in.

I downloaded the updated GnGeo pack for the Caanoo and most all of them seem to be working great. Today I was messing around with a couple of different romsets for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003 ( KoF bootleg ) and mixed 2 different romsets, renamed some files, and got the game to start up. Although the sound is all weird, and some of the graphics aren't working. Has anyone had any luck with this specific game? Also, is there anyway to create these decrypted files that the rom RC calls for so the graphics will load correctly?

fantoboy said:
I tired that with mslug 5 and it didn't owrk for me. Yours worked?
My link

that also doesn't explain why the games you couldn't get working before didn't work
maybe there's some compatability issues with gngeo?
I feel the same as you but i did get some games to work inc. metal slug 3,4,5 and sengoku3,svc plus.

If anyone needs a working romset for GnGeo hit me up at zsonance@gmail.com. I have pretty much every game and they all seem to work fine

Did somebody get Spin Master to work? I get a black screen after the "Winners don't use drugs screen".

I got these games to work:

Andro dunos,battle flipshot,Blazing star,breakers revenge,Eightman,fight fever,galaxy fight,garou,karnov's revenge,king of the monsters 1,2,last blade 1,2,metal slug 3,4,5,mutation nation,nightmare in the dark,power instinct 2,prehistoric isle 2,real bout fatal fury 1,2,real bout fatal fury special,samurai shodown 1,2,3,4,sengoku 3,shock troopers 1,2,snk vs capcom plus,strikers 1945 plus,super sidekicks 1,2,3,kof 2001,windjammers,zed blade.

Back