NeoGeo X - A new NeoGeo Portable ( Dec 6 Release )

Surprise surprise, WHOIS says that the registrant of the domain is Blaze Europe, Ltd.!

You know what this means, guys: It's almost certainly one of their bad-emulator-on-a-random-SoC handhelds again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well at least they have something to do with all those GameGadget consoles now.

Erm... I mean all those NeoGeoX consoles...

Knowing Blaze's previous stuff, I'd wager that it'll be somewhere between £20 and £40. The price before was definitely misinformation, as far as I know. :p

Yeah, I think someone read 800 yuan as $800 and it spread from there. I'm guessing it'll be <$150.
phewwwwwww, I really thought at first it was some kind of exclussive, official luxury Handheld thingy. ^^" At least, it still looks good, compared to other China Handhelds. And the real price makes it more easy to decide if you buy it or not. If the NeoGeo Emulation is perfect (and compatible enough) it's worth a deeper look imho. :)

^ Compatible enough? Previous devices from this bunch don't allow you to change anything - they're usually black-boxed and restricted to what's pre-installed, unfortunately. My apologies if there's something different about this one and I missed it. :p

nobody mentioned the press release?

http://www.neogeox.c...s-release1.html

The “NEOGEO X” will be released in Q2 2012 following the 20th anniversary of the ground breaking NEOGEO AES console. This Limited Edition handheld console will feature 20 officially licensed NEOGEO games including retro classics such as METALSLUG, THE KING OF FIGHTERS and FATAL FURY.

Along with these 20 built in NEOGEO classic titles, the NEOGEO X will also feature, SD card expansion, a 3.5” LCD screen, A/V output, internal stereo speakers and a headphone socket.

The full game list is as follows:

1. ART OF FIGHTING

2. BASEBALL STARS

3. CYBER LIP

4. FATAL FURY

5. FATAL FURY SPECIAL

6. FOOTBALL FRENZY

7. KING OF THE MONSTERS

8. LAST RESORT

9. LEAGUE BOWLING

10. MAGICIAN LORD

11. METAL SLUG

12. MUTATION NATION

13. NAM 1975

14. SAMURAI SHODOWN

15. SENGOKU

16. SUPER SIDEKICKS

17. THE KING OF FIGHTERS’94

18. THE ULTIMATE 11

19. TOP PLAYERS GOLF

20. WORLD HEROES

there's some pretty good games on that line-up...

Whaaaaaaat?! Magician Lord, but no Top Hunter: Roddy and Cathy? ;)

Seriously, though, good find. Going on the mention of the SD Card expansion, I'm willing to bet that this may be the same hardware as the (godawful) Mega Drive handhelds, the later revisions of which featured the same. If we're lucky, it could even be a rebadged Dingoo GameGadget, though. :p

Back