NeoGeo X - A new NeoGeo Portable ( Dec 6 Release )

the pricepoint of the gamegadget is pretty good considering how expensive and how long it took for the dingoo to actually get to you from hong kong

I actually really hope the neogeox ends up being a dingoo in another skin.. I am a fan of analog joystick and the L1/2 & R1/2... but it's all going to come down to the chipset if this thing is going to be a buyer or not

^ I'm pretty sure that the stick would be digital, for whatever it's worth. :p

Anyway, myself, I'd bank on it being the bad-emulator-on-an-ARM-SoC hardware/software combo like the Mega Drive ones were. If it's anything else, then we can all be pleasantly surprised. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system comes complete with the NEOGEO X Station, the NEOGEO X Handheld with 20 pre-loaded NEOGEO classic titles, and the NEOGEO X Joystick. In addition to coming pre-loaded with 20 NEOGEO classic titles, the NEOGEO X Handheld device features a crisp 4.3" LCD display, an expandable game card slot, internal stereo speakers, and a 3.5mm headphone jack for a personal gaming experience you can take anywhere. The NEOGEO X Handheld device works with the NEOGEO X Joystick and NEOGEO X Station to charge the handheld device and transfer the action directly to a television set or monitor, via HDMI or A/V out, for a true arcade experience right at home.

The full list of NEOGEO X Handheld pre-installed games is as follows:

3 COUNT BOUT LEAGUE BOWLING

ART OF FIGHTING II MAGICIAN LORD

ALPHA MISSION II METAL SLUG

BASEBALL STARS II MUTATION NATION

CYBER LIP NAM 1975

FATAL FURY PUZZLED

FATAL FURY SPECIAL REAL BOUT - FATAL FURY SPECIAL

THE KING OF FIGHTERS '95 SAMURAI SHODOWN II

KING OF THE MONSTERS SUPER SIDEKICKS

LAST RESORT WORLD HEROES PERFECT

710.jpg

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/images/news/2012/newneogeo.htm

Looks interesting!

Very very nice, loving that docking station with TVout too.

That X Joystick looks like its wireless too yeah - for when playing connected to the telly?

I like it

I like the look of this, loving the console as a docking station idea.

Hopefully the controller is a complete copy of the original and can be hacked if required to work with other devises.

Is it my eyes or does the hand-held look too big for the base unit cartridge slot.

Uh, so the Console is the Docking station for the Handheld, is this correct? If yes, then it is a clever idea, especialy in combination with the NeoGeo Arcade Stick. Let's hope the quality is right.

What I fear is this: "an expandable game card slot" that sound like a custom caridge rather than SD cards, like what can be seen on one station consoles...

Yeah the console is a dock for the handheld ... acts as a TV-out lead for the handheld.

You then use the arcade stick controller to play when connected to the telly via the dock.

Really nice idea i think, better than just some cable to TV out with eh

Custom cartridge doesn't sound so good though, hopefully that's just the translation and it will be standard micro SD to allow additional games

Time will tell

I grant the neo geo joystick to be the best in the world (for me).

It is tempting if one is comming but I think it all a bit too late.

Looks like an improvement.if the build quality is good and plenty of games are available it may be quite nice.thing is blaze also released the gamegadget.

...talking of the GG [didn't want to resurrect that old thread, but their forums are down again with malware warnings - not good]

Anyway, NeoGeo, the build does look nice eh, with the metal edging, hopefully it will be as solid as the pictures portray it

Too be fair I thought this was better when it was just the handheld .

this is going to be just like the gamegadget inside so dont expect great compatibility or mean hardware specs, infact it will probably contain an emulator which they will have found on the interweb to run the games.

Back