New Pandora Forum At Tapland

Pushwall

Still Fresh
Tapland is in the process changing and setting up new forums for smartphones and cutting-edge devices like the Pandora. I think some here will remember Tapland as being a website for Zodiac users that was very helpful for obtaining tips and information on everything Zodiac. Now Tapland appears to be evolving into a website for the latest devices. It's great to see that the Pandora is one of those devices! B)

Excellent! I'm glad to see Tapland moving on a bit. Though my Tapwave Zodiac still rides in my pocket, I'm looking to the Pandora to replace it.

No need to be negative 'quote'. It isn't about splitting the community - it is about expanding it.

Dunny said:
...Says the man with an OpenXile ad in his signature.

D.
openXile now has nothing to do with the Pandora. I said 'the Pandora community' so I wouldn't get this kind of comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
quote said:
Nice way to go about splitting the Pandora community...

tapland is already a thriving community this is a great idea and really gets the word out about the pandora to people how don't already know about it.
Good job and thanks for spreading the word of Pandora :D

Trevsweb said:
tapland is already a thriving community this is a great idea and really gets the word out about the pandora to people how don't already know about it.
Good job and thanks for spreading the word of Pandora :D
You can 'spread the word of the Pandora' without creating another forum and attracting new members to it.

I didn't mean to cause offense. This is none of my business. Do what you want with your community. :)

quote said:

just wanted to requote your post to a newish member... and i wonder why someone has created a seperate forum :lol:
edit: dont want to cause a fuss you didnt mean it :)

a forum on another site where people feel comfortable to ask silly questions to a knowledgable few will help them get their feet wet with the whos whats and why of the pandora project.
also keeps the pandora fresh in their faces rather than dying in a single thread, its just great advertising for pandora!

Cool, good ol' tapland :)

and no. Having additional forums is not a bad hing, it doesn't threaten this one. Man, way to jump on a poor guy :)

jeffphone

I still have my Zodiac, and it's in perfect condition. It's a shame that no other device has not copied the Zodiac Analog controller. I still think it's the best device excluding the sh!tty palm connector/dock.

Anyway, the Pandora is a perfect upgrade.

Jason

Clyborg said:
I still have my Zodiac, and it's in perfect condition. It's a shame that no other device has not copied the Zodiac Analog controller. I still think it's the best device excluding the sh!tty palm connector/dock.

Jason

That is until possibly the new Caanoo from GPH. I hope it doesn't have the drift problems the zodiac had. My Z1 developed this issue. My Z2 has touchscreen issues but stick was fine.

skeezix said:
Cool, good ol' tapland :)

and no. Having additional forums is not a bad hing, it doesn't threaten this one. Man, way to jump on a poor guy :)

jeffphone
=,=

This is all a part of your evil conspiracy to ensure the dominance of the OpenPandora platform isn't? Hah, I laugh at the mere suggestion. :lol:

But, you are correct, as long as the OPT doesn't start using other forms of communication for official communiques, we should be fine. Or this ceases to be more or less the official forum for this sort of thing. That could cause problems.

quote said:
Dunny said:

D.
openXile now has nothing to do with the Pandora. I said 'the Pandora community' so I wouldn't get this kind of comment.

Nicely done, it really stopped those sorts of comments.

D.

Dunny said:
quote said:
Dunny said:

D.

Nicely done, it really stopped those sorts of comments.

D.
Well that was obvious as soon as you commented. I don't need your sarcastic post to point out that people like you may read my posts incorrectly :) .

dsleaf67 said:
Clyborg said:

Jason

That is until possibly the new Caanoo from GPH. I hope it doesn't have the drift problems the zodiac had. My Z1 developed this issue. My Z2 has touchscreen issues but stick was fine.

I hadn't heard of the Caanoo so I looked it up. Gsheckphlub - and there are people who called the Pandora ugly? Yikes! It has the controls similar to the Zodiac, but the Zodiac had a lot more aesthetic appeal.

The drift issue with the early Zodiacs can generally be taken care of by loading the final ROM to it. Unfortunately the final ROM trims some of the sensitivity of the analog controller. If you still have the Z1 with the stick issue and the Z2 with touchscreen issue - you could put the Z1 screen in the Z2 with a new battery and...

Tapwave was ahead of their time. It was the most powerful/capable/usable game/PDA/MMP hand held device ever made - and nobody heard about it until it was too late. 7 years later OpenPandora is finally making a device that has more functionality - nobody has held a candle to it in the interim.

IMHO.

Dunny said:
quote said:

D.

Sorry Dunny, I don't quite grasp the point you're trying to make. Back when the Pandora was featured on oX, it was nothing more than blog posts about it. We weren't trying to take members from GP32x and plop them into our site, because we had no forum.

In the end we removed Pandora news, since Pandorapress has a very dedicated and hardworking team that there was no point competing with. So we focus on all other open hardware now.

Ahh, Tapland... :wub:

The Pandora really is the first device to match the Zodiac so it's very logical that folks over at Tapland should be interested in it. I was (am?) one of those folks myself. :D

Nova said:
Dunny said:
quote said:

D.

Sorry Dunny, I don't quite grasp the point you're trying to make. Back when the Pandora was featured on oX, it was nothing more than blog posts about it. We weren't trying to take members from GP32x and plop them into our site, because we had no forum.

In the end we removed Pandora news, since Pandorapress has a very dedicated and hardworking team that there was no point competing with. So we focus on all other open hardware now.

But you are concerned with GP2X and Wiz stuff, right? Doesn't that further split each of those respective communities?

-God Ginrai

Grench said:
Tapwave was ahead of their time. It was the most powerful/capable/usable game/PDA/MMP hand held device ever made - and nobody heard about it until it was too late. 7 years later OpenPandora is finally making a device that has more functionality - nobody has held a candle to it in the interim.

IMHO.

Totally agree. I held onto my Zodiac until the bitter end - even bought one of the remainder units that were unearthed after Tapwave bit the dust. Still have it (actually, one functional, two dead).

I think it very funny that some games that defined the Zodiac have more or less recently been ported to Apple devices. They don't play as well on my iPod, wonder why ;)

Nova said:

The community on GP32X consists of GP32, GP2X, Wiz and Pandora owners. Someone has suggested a new Pandora forum, and Mr Quote there spouted to the effect that it would be a detrimental split to the community to open a forum dedicated to one aspect of the community - any other explanation just doesn't make sense, as it would be difficult to "split" one aspect of the community. I found it quite funny that OpenXile has just recently opened a forum dedicated to all but one aspect of the community, which is in essence the same thing. Hence my comment to Mr Quote, who carries in his signature an advert for a forum which is dedicated to doing exactly what he was warning against.

D.

Back