New Pix From Mweston!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DroneB Dev said:
ive found kids 10 and even 6 yrs with a language so foul i didnt undestand what he tried to say.
That's because little kids are stupid.
It's a sad fact that we must all accept, that younger people will always be more edgey and less educated and have cooler cell phones than us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
ThaDSman said:
TBH that light tube not looking too pretty....I hope its incomplete tubes...
This is the text supplied with the picture;
Light pipe testRed is a bit bright, but the rest are a nice glow. I still would like the plastics company to consider adding a haze to the top surface to diffuse the light a bit and that was always the plan. Test parts get no surface treatment at all. They are raw parts ejected from the molds and shipped to me

O, ok then, I was under the impression that this was the final one. Thanks for clearing it up.

God Ginrai said:
ThaDSman said:
TBH that light tube not looking too pretty....I hope its incomplete tubes...
Did you read the description below the image?
MWeston said:
Light pipe test Red is a bit bright, but the rest are a nice glow. I still would like the plastics company to consider adding a haze to the top surface to diffuse the light a bit and that was always the plan. Test parts get no surface treatment at all. They are raw parts ejected from the molds and shipped to me
EDIT: Ninja'd-God Ginrai

Actually no, I didnt. I saw it on pandorapress and it had no link to photobucket there.

Edit: Ps. I love how this thread's topic drifts everywhere, they would usually be locked by now! :lol:

DroneB Dev said:
MrBlais said:
Tuxedomask29 said:
sverm said:
second exodous said:
I guess I just don't hang around people that use harsh language casually only when they are really mad. I don't know, I kinda want to know if Gary's a casual swearer or if he's really mad, I'm not meaning to push any one's buttons.

In some cultures, the F word can be used quite casually and is used in public broadcast (I've heard it many times on some Quebec radio stations during talk, not in songs). But I've once said it in Germany and it was like I'd ripped apart a cat with a 15" machette in the middle of an all-white furniture living room during someone's wake.
Foul language has always been like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Just seems so unnecessary and very rude.

I see you haven't joined the 21st century.

and i see 21st century took you away.

really, the use of foul language is not required

kids nowadays (and im not that old im 21) really give me goosebumps
ive found kids 10 and even 6 yrs with a language so foul i didnt undestand what he tried to say.
almost wanna slap em and choke em with soap

I'm 21 as well and I don't see an issue. It's a word. You're pretty simple to get moved by a word.

And yes, it's not required, however it shouldn't be judged in return.

MrBlais said:
Tuxedomask29 said:
sverm said:
second exodous said:
I guess I just don't hang around people that use harsh language casually only when they are really mad. I don't know, I kinda want to know if Gary's a casual swearer or if he's really mad, I'm not meaning to push any one's buttons.

In some cultures, the F word can be used quite casually and is used in public broadcast (I've heard it many times on some Quebec radio stations during talk, not in songs). But I've once said it in Germany and it was like I'd ripped apart a cat with a 15" machette in the middle of an all-white furniture living room during someone's wake.
Foul language has always been like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Just seems so unnecessary and very rude.

I have to agree, there is really no place for foul language.. I have always said that if you use foul language, you lack the skills or education to come up with more creative ways of expressing your feelings...

David...

Nightwheel said:
"And CraigX said, "Let there be lighted light pipes," and there was lighted light pipes. CraigX saw that the pipes was good, and He labeled each pipe from the others. CraigX called the yellow light "power," and the red light he called "battery." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second year first day."

MrBlais said:
I'm 21 as well and I don't see an issue. It's a word. You're pretty simple to get moved by a word.
+1

A friend of my dad's is a comedian, he did a whole bit on this, my favorite quote from which being "Because tanks don't kill people, the word fuck kills people."

MrBlais said:
For me it's not that I'm moved so much as I don't know when people are mad at me or not when they reply to a comment I made with harsh language.

It's just hard to read people on forums, don't know if they are swearing casually or if they are swearing to convey a strong opinion or emotion.

second exodous said:
Also, what is with the harsh language for in a thread where people are calmly discussing things? I picture you as a Gary I know but with huge blood filled vanes on his forehead that is sweating profusely and grinding his teeth. If that's the case you need to calm down a little bit.

I naturally swear, if I am annoyed, you will know I'm annoyed :). It's just habit I guess. I don't mean any offense by it!

second exodous said:

Not mad at all heh, I actually just clicked on the last page of this thread to see people talking about me and swearing and had to remember what I did. That's what I get for starting a fuss then not being here to troll my way out of it :/.

second exodous said:
Oh, I'm not making accusations or anything, I genuinely wanted to know if I was upsetting anyone. I haven't lived in very many cultures, just the US and Brazil, but both of those it's not normal to use 'harsh language' casually. Anyway, I just think when anyone uses them towards me they're mad at me.

Where I'm from, and with my friends, it's perfectly normal/accepted to swear. I can understand how people would take it as 'rude', but I personally do not see it as such unless it is specifically directed at someone.

Eisner said:
I have to agree, there is really no place for foul language.. I have always said that if you use foul language, you lack the skills or education to come up with more creative ways of expressing your feelings...

David...

This is almost never the case. My vocabulary might not be that great, but just because I swear does not make me 'slow'.

Gary13579 said:
second exodous said:
Also, what is with the harsh language for in a thread where people are calmly discussing things? I picture you as a Gary I know but with huge blood filled vanes on his forehead that is sweating profusely and grinding his teeth. If that's the case you need to calm down a little bit.

I naturally swear, if I am annoyed, you will know I'm annoyed :) . It's just habit I guess. I don't mean any offense by it!

second exodous said:

Not mad at all heh, I actually just clicked on the last page of this thread to see people talking about me and swearing and had to remember what I did. That's what I get for starting a fuss then not being here to troll my way out of it :/.

second exodous said:
Oh, I'm not making accusations or anything, I genuinely wanted to know if I was upsetting anyone. I haven't lived in very many cultures, just the US and Brazil, but both of those it's not normal to use 'harsh language' casually. Anyway, I just think when anyone uses them towards me they're mad at me.

Where I'm from, and with my friends, it's perfectly normal/accepted to swear. I can understand how people would take it as 'rude', but I personally do not see it as such unless it is specifically directed at someone.

Eisner said:

David...

This is almost never the case. My vocabulary might not be that great, but just because I swear does not make me 'slow'.
Understood. I probably shouldn't have brought it up, I got this thread waaaay off topic, I shouldn't have done that.

sverm said:
Fucking is the name of a village in Austria. Does "fuck" have a negative connotation in German?

Eisner said:
MrBlais said:
Tuxedomask29 said:
sverm said:
second exodous said:

David...

I'm currently a student at an Ivy League school. I assure you, my frequent and casual use of the word "fuck" is wholly unrelated to my education.

^^lol, trying to equate Ivy league with intellectual status rather than socio-economic.
GoodOne.jpg

El Jefe said:
^^lol, trying to equate Ivy league with intellectual status rather than socio-economic.
<clip>

Good job trying to make me feel like an elitist? I'm not one at all. I'm not of extraordinary socio-economic standing. Also, the Ivy League generally has much more to do with intellectual status than socio-economic status. Acceptance to Ivy League schools is need-blind, something that not all colleges/universities can attest to.

Also, good job totally missing the point of my post - I was referring to his phrase "lack the skills or education".

Vorporeal said:
El Jefe said:
<clip>

Good job trying to make me feel like an elitist? I'm not one at all. I'm not of extraordinary socio-economic standing. Also, the Ivy League generally has much more to do with intellectual status than socio-economic status. Acceptance to Ivy League schools is need-blind, something that not all colleges/universities can attest to.

Also, good job totally missing the point of my post - I was referring to his phrase "lack the skills or education".

Don't take him too seriously, he's like 14. I'm amazed he actually came up with that post (despite being wrong and absolutely idiotic).

Gary13579 said:
Vorporeal said:
El Jefe said:
<clip>

Don't take him too seriously, he's like 14. I'm amazed he actually came up with that post (despite being wrong and absolutely idiotic).

Yeah, the overused 4chan-meme photo didn't really help his case, did it...

I've only read the last page, but as second exodous proves it can be very hard to get the subtleties of what someone is or isn't saying on a forum.
Sometimes it's pretty easy, but just because people speak to their mates like that doesn't mean they would say it to their grand mothers (some may).
It's not always a matter of taking offence it's a matter of not correctly interpreting what is meant all the time.
And before you know it thread derails over a slight misunderstanding.

Prometheus said:
GuchaRU said:
AFAIK it's patented stuff and you can't place it like this.
Dead1nside said:
Yet another stupid patent thing. What if you use the Greek letters instead?

Can either of you guys link to the relevant patent documents, please? I must admit that I find the notion of an arrangement of lettered buttons being patented to be rather odd. ;)

Agreed. There are 4 buttons. The number of POSSIBLE combinations is mathematiclaly predictable, and small. The number of potentially logical combinations is even smaller. It seems unlikely that such a thing could be patented (legally, correctly, yadda yadda).

Tuxedomask29 said:

Also, from "THE LIST OF THINGS YOU DON'T DO" :
please remember that children visit these boards
suggests, to me personally, that it's nice to moderate our language around here. I know I wouldn't want my kid desensitised to "harsh language" any earlier than necessary.

second exodous said:
It's just hard to read people on forums, don't know if they are swearing casually or if they are swearing to convey a strong opinion or emotion.

Lack of intonation, body language - pretty much any form of nuance CAN make it very hard to read what others actually MEAN online. As the medium matures we'll probably see more and more ways to indicate nuance more effectively though :) so we just struggle through in the meantime.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back