New Pics From Mweston

I am glad I am going to CES next week so I can forget about my pandora for a few days. Hopefully when I get back we will have the green light on the cases.

I need a new update fix.Cold turkey.Cases pictures look fine.But let me have a pandora in jan or feburary at least

I don't think we'll get the green light until we receive those cases that were sent on Fri 1st, at least. I'm still concerned about those dimples that I assume are cooling inconsistencies that can be seen on the pic of the silk-screening.

Then again it could be gone in an MP run, it's hard to know what's solvable just by doing the final run and what is not -- that is the tough job MWeston's got.

worst case scenario everyone will have to disassemble the panda and get it nicely painted.

ill choose oldie Gray (snes/psx)color.

I have itsy-bitsy small request. Can we print the amperage requirements along with the voltage and polarity of what the unit requires on the back? A 'just in case' thing if one of us ever needs to buy a power supply on a whim.

Are you able to put the CE logo on it now, or does that require the certification process?

...I guess our previous silk screening poll meant nothing because some of those labels are just sooo wrong, ah well time to whip out the WD-40 and some Q-tips. ;)

ThaDSman said:
...I guess our previous silk screening poll meant nothing because some of those labels are just sooo wrong, ah well time to whip out the WD-40 and some Q-tips. ;)
I agree, the silkscreen looks like crap...Ditch it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the word "hold" should be changed to a picture of a lock, and some of the longer labels should be condensed. Eh, but that's just my 2 cents.

Bigun said:
I have itsy-bitsy small request. Can we print the amperage requirements along with the voltage and polarity of what the unit requires on the back? A 'just in case' thing if one of us ever needs to buy a power supply on a whim.

Are you serious? Why would we need that when we know that we just need a PSP charger?

-God Ginrai

Bigun said:

This is actually a very good idea! Rated capacity and max/min voltages just like many other devices on the market?
Although, it may just be stamped into the wall socket?

Bigun said:
Can we print the amperage requirements along with the voltage and polarity of what the unit requires on the back?

NO, BECAUSE AMPERAGE DOES NOT EXIST.

But, maybe they could print the current requirement if the silkscreen can still be changed. Although I think it could run with any 5V supply, and it would just charge the battery as fast as the supply would allow (up to the maximum charging current). For example, if you connect it to USB, which has a maximum current of 500mA, it probably detects that at 520mA, the voltage drops, so it won't take any more current than that. If you plug it into a standard 5V 2A wall adapter, it will take 2A. If you plug it into a giant 5V lead acid battery, It will take as much current as it wants, to charge the battery at its maximum rated charge current.

I know nothing about how the Pandora actually does it, but this is how my Pocket PC does it. Someone please confirm/correct me.

Merriam Webster's Dictionary said:
Main Entry: am·per·age
Pronunciation: \ˈam-p(ə-)rij, -ˌpir-ij\
Function: noun
Date: 1893

: the strength of a current of electricity expressed in amperes

Wiktionary said:
amperage (plural amperages)

1. The electric current's strength carried by a conductor or machine generated as measured by amperes.

References
The Collaborative International of Dictionary v.0.48

So ... Rekcitok ... what's the problem?

Bah. God Ginrai beat me too it.

I can't wait until Rekcitok comes back to tell us that "Real profesionals" don't ever use the term "amperage". That'll help pass the time until Pandora arrives.

(Incidentally, my favorite silly claim of this sort is "Professionals never say 'airplane' they say 'aircraft'!", which is also completely false.)

wally said:
I'm beginning to think MWeston should fly to china, go to the factory and have them make stuff on site.
He will need a whip for cracking, and a bullhorn for speaking very loudly at people who do not speak English.

VRAndy said:
wally said:
I'm beginning to think MWeston should fly to china, go to the factory and have them make stuff on site.
He will need a whip for cracking, and a bullhorn for speaking very loudly at people who do not speak English.
No, he needs Chuck Norris

Back