New Video From Mweston

haptagud

Still Fresh
nulldc 001

Looking good, will be interesting to see how this comes along in the coming months... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It runs surprisingly well. I still don't know if it will ever be playable, but it has got my hopes up about other consoles. If the Pandora can run DC this well then I'm sure it will be able to play n64 perfectly some day :)

isnt the DC more powerful than the ps2?
video looks great. never really been a DC fan but surely opening up the DC opens up their catalogue of homebrew too?

(naw)mcx said:
FPS, screen shots?

(just for the people at school/work ;) )
In terms of FPS, it's not super fast. Probably at that point where some people would call it playable, but most wouldn't. But, it looks beautiful and very promising. :)

Here's the Youtube text:

This was sent to me by Drk||Raziel to try. He even added support for the Pandora game controls but most games (of the bunch I tried) want analog controls so the dpad didn't move me around at all. The CPU is clocked at 800MHz here and it still suffers from the weak FPU problem that hasn't been addressed with NEON yet. Also, so many texture/blending modes are not supported. I'm told that only two of the 150+ required ones are in here (so that's why that guy's head is missing!).
icon_smile.gif

King of Fighters just really doesn't work well but I thought it was funny to show it because it looks like an Atari 2600!

I'm blown away by how beautiful it looks on the 4.3″ screen being rendered at the native resolution. It's very much a work in progress still but what a nice point to show where it is at today and then compare it in a few months to where it will be.

Screenshot: http://i525.photobuc...Cscreenshot.png

Those without Youtube access could try to grab it through vixy.net. Here's the direct URL:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gYfwtj7Mok

Oh my god oh my god oh my god....

I just saw DAYTONA USA on the Pandora!!!!!

Ooops. I'm going to have to clean up now...

Trevsweb said:
isnt the DC more powerful than the ps2?
video looks great. never really been a DC fan but surely opening up the DC opens up their catalogue of homebrew too?
PS2 was definitely more powerful, but its starting catalog of games didn't use the console's full potential because of the complexity of its hardware. DC, on the other hand, was easier to program for, thus easier to get full potential from it.

Man, DC on Pandora... full speed? Might be a dream (haha), but it's a dream worth pursuing. I'm 100% satisfied with being able to play PSX games on it, but if Dreamcast will run at playable speeds, there's sooooooo many games I'd love to be able to play on the go.

Wow. I do hope full speed is achievable with this emulator. I've never owned a DC but I believe House of the Dead was on it?? Now, that would be a game I would like to have portable! Mind you, dunno how picking the zombies out with a stylus would compare to shooting them (like on my WII)

Miner49er said:
Wow. I do hope full speed is achievable with this emulator. I've never owned a DC but I believe House of the Dead was on it?? Now, that would be a game I would like to have portable! Mind you, dunno how picking the zombies out with a stylus would compare to shooting them (like on my WII)

Massive blunting of stylus and many replacement bullet holed screens :D

Back