Next pandora (competition model)

@prometheus- the non-standard power adapter (although deceivingly usb compatible) doesn't work off usb ports because it needs like 6-7v or something silly, if you plug in a normal device into the part that plugs into the wall with the usb shaped hole you will blow out your device.. so be careful... ( I love my wife very much )
Wow, I'm suddenly VERY glad that I never re-used the adapter for anything else! That does explain why it couldn't charge over USB, at least. :blink:

That's another thing: Pandora team, don't do that! :lol:

Speaking of e-ink, a secondary e-ink screen on the top (where there is the pandora logo) would be interesting, but probably more expensive than actually worth.

Also, while I can think of cases where a screen on the exterior would be useful, I can also think of cases where it would be nice to have an e-ink screen that can be seen together with the main one.

Maybe for Pandora 5 we will be able to have one of those flexible ones, rolled up in the bottom. And a flying car. Or a pony.

Maybe for Pandora 5 we will be able to have one of those flexible ones, rolled up in the bottom. And a flying car. Or a pony.

*snickers* "Pandora 5, codenamed Violet, you know the one with the Mercedes, the Sauna, and Room for a Pony!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

- Neelix

With something like pixel qi or mirasol, e-ink wouldn't really be necessary. I think it would be a really good idea to look into a display like this. If the pandora could display in a way that was easy on the eyes and clear in natural light, to me there would already be no reason to think about any other device. It'd save even more battery life during most days, and it would mean it could genuinely be used to read for long periods of time.

What about clip-on battery packs, say in 2Ah, 4Ah and 6Ah depending on what balance of thinness and battery life you want?

I'd like a case where when it's closed it's dust and sand proof, a bit shock resistant and water resistant (or proof, at least for a few seconds). With some sort of belt-clip mechanism. No more need for a carrying case and no worries when travelling. :)

As one of the few multipurpose, clamshell handhelds out there, (no vulnerable touchscreen), this could be a significant selling point, but it would probably increase the thickness.

I'm personally hoping for a Mirasol screen.

The readability and extremely low energy requirements of e-paper combined with the colour and high refresh rates of LCD.

That's the way it's advertised, anyway. I don't know how accurate that is. I do know that I'd like to be able to read ebooks on my Pandora; I could do it on my GP32's frontlit LCD, but I find the Pandora's screen too straining on the eyes to stare at for a long period.

The first device that uses a Mirasol screen was just released this month (only in South Korea, though), and Qualcomm is planning to mass-produce them in Taiwan next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

*snickers* "Pandora 5, codenamed Violet, you know the one with the Mercedes, the Sauna, and Room for a Pony!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

- Neelix

Next Pandora is coming with a personal transportation device? :eek: !?

You know, I think it'd be pretty nice to see an improved keyboard and maybe a better, more unified experience for downloading applications and such.

^ Would that mean that the Pandora team would also have to develop a robotic hand to supply as an accessory, so that you can use all three sticks at once in games that require them? :p

But the robotic hand would make it too expensive. Much better supply some kind of foot operated controls! :D

But the robotic hand would make it too expensive. Much better supply some kind of foot operated controls! :D
Maybe some sort of facial emotional recognition or something is in order here?

Why? The GameCube only had two analogue sticks. :blink: (And analogue triggers, if memory serves.)

Yup, 2 analog sticks, a d-pad, 2 analog triggers with digital buttons beneath them (in practice, resulting in having half-pressed and fully-pressed states available), a Z button, and 4 face buttons (arranged like a Genesis 6-button controller without the X and Z buttons).

Yeah... I don't see what a third analog stick would do for the Gamecube either. What we really need is a 6-button layout. :p

Back